- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
Last updated at 10:16, 31 Jul 2014 Uploaded at 16:22, 27 Apr 2014
I am releasing incremental beta versions for those that want to explore the mod & offer feedback. Structurally, all the architecture is in place & looks pretty good. The main themes of many rooms can be observed, but there is still much to do.
• Students are on campus! Enjoy!
• Added a couple patrolling guards to the exterior
• Placed a couple teachers in the lab classrooms
• Tweaked a bunch of NPC's & AI packages, etc.
• ApachiiSkyHair is now a requirement for some of the new NPC's to display correctly
• More work on NPC's (scheduling, vendor supplies, sandboxing, etc.)
• Try to get pool activators working
Any testing & feedback is greatly appreciated. Once these things have been worked out, I will release the initial working version :)
This is my first Skyrim mod. It is a house mod that includes a Dragonsreach style castle/home that has a modified interior that better matches the exterior, an additional Whiterun style house with all crafting facilities/items (which will be compatible with Hearthfire & the Hearthfire multiple adoptions mod), a hidden cave that is kid friendly, & a stable area for six horses.
My inspiration for this mod came from the Dragonsmount mod by maxrsp. And, if you're looking for a more cozy Dragonsreach style home, then I highly recommend it. I liked the location & exterior touches, but still wanted to make something that would more resemble a boarding school for all those Skyrim orphans & new child characters being created by the modding community.
The main gripe I had with the vanilla Dragonsreach castle that Bethesda made was that the interior didn't match the exterior at all, & there was a lot of unused space. This mod (although still not exactly to scale) has interior spaces that better match the feel of the exterior, which vastly increases the amount of room available.
• Dragons Keep Academy – a Dragonsreach style estate that serves as a player home, as well as a boarding school for all those orphans of Skyrim
• Dragons Nest – a practical home with all the essentials, designed to be fully compatible with Hearthfire & the Hearthfire multiple adoptions mod
• Dragons Lair – a small hidden cave that can be used as a secret hideout or camping spot
• Set high on a mountaintop near Swindlers Den outside of Whiterun
• Accessed by crossing a Dragon Bridge style bridge between Dragons Keep Academy & Dragons Nest
• Panoramic views from three large patios
• Bathing Beauties style pool built into the private patio off the Master Suite
• Additional overlook area that can be used as a docking point for the Dev Aveza
• Redesigned entryway
• Dining Hall with seating for 32 dinner guests
• Lecture Room with 18 student capacity
• Library/Bookstore with 55 normal bookshelves & four encased ones for rare books (enough for 3000+ books, overall)
• Lots of room for trophies, display cases, or mannequins, etc.
Inner Hall (an additional wing behind the throne area):
• Green Room with bar behind throne area
• Cafeteria/Buffet style dining facilities for staff/schoolchildren
• Massive kitchen with dual fireplaces & large roasting pit
• Staff/servant living/sleeping quarters
• Play area with functional & explorable Castle Playset
• Carpeted story telling/book reading area
• Girls Dorm that sleeps six, & has a common room with a dollhouse & action figures
• Boys Dorm that sleeps six, & has a common room with a mini castle & action figures
• Alchemy Classrooms/Lab
• Enchanting Classrooms/Lab
• Olympic sized swimming pool with three functional diving platforms
• Combat training area with archery range, melee training area, & arena area
• Guard living/sleeping quarters
• Armory/Trophy Room
• Can easily accommodate the addition of lower levels in future updates
• Redesigned dual staircase/entryway which places the private quarters above the second level (where it should be)
• Private Dining area with seating for eight
• Three room master suite with a three person bed & dual exterior doors leading to a patio/private pool area
• Two additional bedrooms
• A Castle/Dungeon style suite (designed as living quarters for Serana)
• House sits atop a castle tower style platform overlooking Whiterun & the tundra wilderness, teaming with mammoths, elk, & deer
• Includes all crafting facilities & equipment (except for alchemy & enchantment crafting stations, which are located inside)
• Has stable area for six horses (in case you want to add a white horse to the five vanilla horse types, & have one of each)
• Upstairs has a master bedroom, & two additional adoption ready bedrooms with three beds each
• Downstairs has a dining, living, & den area
• Has all necessary crafting equipment (accessed by cellar door under left exterior porch)
• Basically a simple, modified, kid friendly version of Broken Helm Hollow
• Entrance not noticeable until very near the obscured entrance (not on map, & not "discoverable")
• Camping area with campfire & a couple of bedrolls
• Booby trapped treasure chest
• Secret door leading to an additional room in the cave
• Updated version of Skyrim
• Dawnguard DLC
• Hearthfire DLC
• Dragonborn DLC
This section will be further updated after additional testing is completed.
• Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions (if you want to adopt up to six children)
• Static Objects
• Unlimited Bookshelves
• Books Books Books
• Unread Books Glow
• Read Books Aloud
• More Stables
• Detailed Rugs
• Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix
Not Compatible With:
• Dragonsmount by maxrsp - my mod is basically a boarding school version of his Dragonsreach style house mod, so if you don't like kids & want something smaller, his mod is awesome!
• Any other mods that use the same cells as this one
TES Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress (Blackmoore module), but you should place this mod on top of the Blackmoore module in your load order to make the blackmoore module run better. Thanks to adammcbane for testing this :)
• Uninstall any prior versions
• Install using NMM, or manually put the .esp file into your Skyrim Data folder
• Remove any items you want to keep
• Relocate any followers you don't want going missing
• Uninstall using NMM, or manually remove the .esp file from your Skyrim Data folder
• Separate vanilla & non-vanilla decorated versions of the mod
• Add voc-tech classroom style crafting & smithing areas to an additional lower level of the academy
• Add a livestock & agricultural (aquaponics) area to an additional lower level of the academy
• Create a quest or series of quests to be done before becoming headmaster of the school, etc.
• Activators that can change entire rooms, such as the swimming pool to a sports court, or the dining hall to a dance floor, etc.
• Create set weekly schedules for the children to travel to classrooms at designated times of day
• Have the player character or NPC read aloud actual books from Skyrim to the kids in the reading area (if possible, similar mod exists)
• maxrsp for the Dragonsmount mod, which was the inspiration for this mod
• Tamira for whipping up a no base/no snow version of the MageStatue, lickity split like :)
• MushRush for helping me figure out how to pimp my description page
• adammcbane for testing compatibility with the Blackmoore module of the TES Arena mod
• TMPheonix for helping me make this mod compatible with his Multiple Adoptions mod
• Ac3s, jet4571, Lupus78, & subtanker, for help with the Pool/Bed Unequip/Equip Activators
• All those who keep testing the mod & offering your feedback :)
• All the YouTubers who post excellent tutorial videos
• Bethesda for making the game
• The modding community for your ideas & inspiration
• More to come, I'm sure