Last updated at 6:45, 16 Nov 2015 Uploaded at 16:22, 27 Apr 2014
Version 1.7 is out! A huge thanks goes to sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE, who created the dialogue system & MCM for this update. It works incredibly well, & adds some nice extra touches to boot! If you like what he has done, I encourage you to check out his other mods. He does wonderful work & is a great help to many in the modding community.
A few things to note:
1. The dialogue system/MCM is designed with the twelve child recruitment limit in mind. That means you can only recruit six boys & six girls total, because there are only six beds available for each in the dorm rooms.
2. You will not be able to use this dialogue on any of the children in the Honorhall Orphanage until after the "Innocence Lost" mission is completed, otherwise it would break that quest & the orphans go missing. Aventus is included in this, in case you use another mod to make him adoptable.
3. You will be able to recruit children who are not orphaned with this system as well. So, if you're one of those players who wants Braith out of the picture, now you'll be able to send her off to boarding school where she will quickly learn some manners.
4. This does not work with many of the most popular beast/elf adoptable children mods because of the way they were modded by their authors. Because of this, & the fact that beast/elf children are lacking in Skyrim, I will probably add in some of my own into this mod in a future update.
5. The dragonlings are still static for now. They will be potential followers in a future update. Several people have been waiting for this update, so I wanted to get it out to them ASAP. Still working on dragonling followers, beast/elf kids, childrens clothing, & quests to become headmaster.
Please report any bugs or problems with the new update.
This mod was my answer to a question that bugged me ever since my first playthrough - What can the Dragonborn do about all those orphaned kids running around Skyrim? Being limited to adopting two to six kids still left several children without a place to call home, & ensuring their health & well being seemed like a noble endeavor at the time, so I decided to make a boarding school mod to house them in...
Dragons Keep is my first Skyrim mod. It includes a Dragonsreach style castle/home that serves as the boarding school, & features a modified interior that better matches the exterior, an additional Whiterun style house with all crafting facilities/items (which is compatible with Hearthfire & the Hearthfire multiple adoptions mod), a hidden cave that is kid friendly, & a stable area for six horses (including a white one).
My inspiration for this mod came from the Dragonsmount mod by maxrsp. And, if you're looking for a more cozy Dragonsreach style home without having to be headmaster of a school, then I highly recommend it. I liked the location & exterior touches, but still wanted to make something that would more resemble a boarding school for all those Skyrim orphans & new child follower characters being created by the modding community.
Overall, this mod has room for 36 adult followers, 12 child student followers, a spouse, & six adopted children. And, to make things more realistic, there are plenty of added NPC's who are training, attending classes, working, playing, relaxing, or otherwise involved in many other endeavors one would expect to see going on at a fully functional boarding school.
Getting the most out of this mod will require several other mods to be installed, so make sure to use the readme. In fact, it was knowing that these other awesome mods were out there & working great that gave me the idea for my mod in the first place. This mod is more of a showcase of what can be accomplished when using these other mods than anything else. Without them, this would just be another overdone house mod :)
• Dragons Keep Academy – a Dragonsreach style estate that serves as a player home, as well as a boarding school for all those orphans of Skyrim
• Dragons Nest – a practical home with all the essentials, designed to be fully compatible with Hearthfire & the Hearthfire multiple adoptions mod
• Dragons Lair – a small hidden cave that can be used as a secret hideout or camping spot
• Set high on a mountaintop near Swindlers Den outside of Whiterun
• Accessed by crossing a Dragon Bridge style bridge between Dragons Keep Academy & Dragons Nest
• Panoramic views from three large patios
• Bathing Beauties style pool built into the private patio off the Master Suite
• Dining Hall with seating for 48 dinner guests
• Lecture Room with 18 student capacity
• Library/Bookstore with 55 normal bookshelves & four encased ones for rare books (enough for 3000+ books, overall)
• Lots of room for trophies, display cases, or mannequins, etc.
Inner Hall (an additional wing behind the throne area):
• Green Room with bar behind throne area
• Cafeteria/Buffet style dining facilities for staff/guards
• Massive kitchen with dual fireplaces & large roasting pit
• Staff/servant living/sleeping quarters
• Multi-themed play area that includes a functional & explorable Castle Playset
• Carpeted story telling/book reading area
• Girls Dorm that sleeps twenty-four, & has a common area with a dollhouse & action figures
• Boys Dorm that sleeps twenty-four, & has a common area with a mini castle & action figures
• Alchemy Classrooms/Lab
• Enchanting Classrooms/Lab
• Olympic sized swimming pool with three diving platforms
• Combat training area with archery range, melee training area, & arena area
• Guard living/sleeping quarters
• Armory/Trophy Room
• Redesigned dual staircase/entryway which places the private quarters above the second level (where it should be)
• Private Dining area with seating for eight
• Three room master suite with a three person bed & dual exterior doors leading to a patio/private pool area
• Two additional bedrooms
• A Castle/Dungeon style suite (designed as living quarters for Serana)
• House sits atop a castle tower style platform overlooking Whiterun & the tundra wilderness, teaming with mammoths, elk, & deer
• Has stable area with six named horses, including a white one
• Upstairs has a master bedroom, & two additional adoption ready bedrooms with three beds each for six adopted kids
• Downstairs has a kitchen, dining, living, & den area
• Has all necessary crafting equipment (accessed by cellar door under left exterior porch)
• Basically a simple, modified, kid friendly version of Broken Helm Hollow, with an added exit leading to a dragongling nest area
• Entrance not noticeable until very near the obscured entrance (not on map, & not "discoverable")
• Camping area with campfire & a couple of bedrolls
• Booby trapped treasure chest
• Secret door leading to an additional room in the cave
• Updated version of Skyrim
• Dawnguard DLC
• Hearthfire DLC
• Dragonborn DLC
This section will be further updated after additional testing is completed.
• Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions (if you want to adopt up to six children)
• My Home Is Your Home 4.3
• All Follower Voice Types with Greetings
• Amazing Follower Tweaks
• Detailed Rugs
• Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix
• Multiple Floors Sandboxing
• Better Steel Arrows And Quiver
• Jaxons Utilities
Not Compatible With:
• Dragonsmount by maxrsp - If you don't like kids but want something similar, his mod is awesome!
• Any other mods that use the same cells as this one
TES Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress (Blackmoore module), but you should place this mod on top of the Blackmoore module in your load order to make the blackmoore module run better. Thanks to adammcbane for testing this :)
Agent of Righteous Might - these two mods are still playable together, but you cannot access the entrance to one of the quest locations of this mod unless you use the "tcl" console command to get there, because it is buried under the landscape from my mod. This is the only reported conflict with these two mods, so you should be able to use them both as long as you're willing to use the console command to get inside for one quest. Thanks to adammcbane & InMyBestInterest for testing & reporting this :)
• Uninstall any prior versions
• Install using NMM, or manually put the .esp file into your Skyrim Data folder
• Remove any items you want to keep
• Relocate any followers you don't want going missing
• Uninstall using NMM, or manually remove the .esp file from your Skyrim Data folder
• Create a series of quests to be done before becoming headmaster, which will add in elf & beast race children, & dragonlings
• Make the dragonlings be potential followers, each with unique spells/abilities
• maxrsp for the Dragonsmount mod, which was the inspiration for this mod
• Tamira for helping me out more times than I can count with various meshes, pointers, etc. This mod is a lot better now because of her!
• MushRush for helping me figure out how to pimp my description page
• adammcbane for testing compatibility with the Blackmoore module of the TES Arena mod
• TMPheonix for helping me make this mod compatible with his Multiple Adoptions mod
• Ac3s, jet4571, Lupus78, & subtanker, for help with the Pool/Bed Unequip/Equip Activators
• mrpdean for providing an excellent bunkbed asset he created & allowed me to use
• Elianora, Tamira, Stroti, Arion, zira, Bellyache, LilaMue, Blary, Oaristys, Tony67, Percevan, Apachii, Harvey2112, Eldiabs, & Phitt for mod resources
• sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE, Boombro, & Tamira for helping multiple times to take this mod to the next level & give me ideas for future plans
• Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky for the KS Hairdos - Renewal resources
• sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE for creating the dialogue system & MCM which really takes this mod to the next level & makes it look professional
• All those who keep testing the mod & offering your feedback :)
• All the YouTubers who post excellent tutorial videos
• Bethesda for making the game
• The modding community for your ideas & inspiration
• More to come, I'm sure