Last updated at 7:33, 25 Oct 2016 Uploaded at 12:16, 27 Mar 2014
A family-friendly cozy manor with a beachfront sauna by the lake Ilinalta in Falkreath. Despite the small size, it features all the essentials an adventurer might need, like all the crafting tools, enough storage space, small bedrooms for the children and followers, a small stable and the auto item sorters that will make life there so much easier. If you liked my previous mod Riverside Lodge, chances are that you might like this one too. (This one is a bit smaller one.)
Note: Hearthfire is required.
The previous owner of this manor, the famous adventurer Melchior the Mammoth-Slayer, has recently met his fate and the house is now up for grabs (which is not saying it would be easy). The main building is a rather moderate sized, but roomy enough for the dragonborn and couple of his followers, spouse and the kids (two beds for them). There's a main bedroom and a second bedroom either for the children or the followers (you can change this option from the desk at the main bedroom) and a third optional small bedroom for two followers in the basement. There's everything you need for crafting and plenty of storage space. Automatic item sorter scripts makes storing ingredients and other items into containers easy as a child's play. They can also be turned on and off, if you do not want to use them. In the basement there's also an optional small armory with some mannequins. Outdoors there is a small stable for the horse and a sauna by the lake. The sauna has no loading doors, so you can run naked from the sauna, straight to the lake.
Review by insane0hflex:
Review by Nozi87:
And the beautiful overview of the house by Hodilton:
At the western end of the lake in Falkreath, "next stop" from Half-Moon Mill.
(If you still can't find it, look at the map in the Images-page.)
Configurations for the house
The main menu for the house configuration is found on the desk in the main bedroom.
None of these are actual requirements, but I couldn't live without them.
- Timing is Everything - This will enable you to adjust the way random dragons spawn, which have been bothering the area of the house.
- Hearthfire multiple adoptions - Let's you set the Lodge as the home of your spouse and children.
- Custom Family Home - Alternative to Hearthfire multiple adoptions (above). Has been reported to work real great with my mod.
- Unlimited Bookshelves - Lets you store lot's and lot's more books, notes, scrolls, skulls etc. in your shelves.
- My Home Is Your Home - This works great for the followers (other than spouse), so that they can live in your house.
The ENB used in my pictures
I've used the Performance and realistic ENB combined with enbseries 0.252 and Climates of Tamriel (no RLO). Although I've tuned the enb settings quite a lot for my own tastes.
- No matter the way you install the mod, just make sure the .esp and .bsa files are in your skyrim/data folder and that the mod file is activated.
- Just make sure you're outside the cells affected and all your stuff that you want to keep are relocated from the house before you uninstall the mod. Either uninstall with NMM or delete the .esp file.
=== FAQ ==============================
- If you experience the "floating grass bug", other than placed plant objects (I might have missed some while editing landscape), look for a fix here.
- If you have any problems, first thing you might want to try is to move this mod as last in the load order (bottom of the list). And make sure you have the LATEST version of Skyrim installed. The scripts are mostly unique to this mod, not overwriting anything. And for most people they work flawlessly (tested by thousands of people using my Riverside Lodge).
- The problems with racks is usually mutual to all racks in Skyrim. Some weapons have such a bad bounding/activator boxes that they work like shit with racks. I use the racks only for swords and staffs, which seem to work just fine.
- Most mods that has been built on the same spot, or is just located too close, can conflict.
- Any trouble with kids or spouses is most likely related to Hearthfire multiple adoptions mod and vanilla scripts.
Credits and thanks:
- Manilla Turtle for his Automatic Item Storage that I've modified for my own purposes.
- Blary for his OpenBooks Resource
- M3rvin for his Automatic Light Switch script that is used to switch on/off the lights outside (including sauna lighting).
- Eldiabs for making the awesome Modders Resource-Weapon Racks-Bookshelves-Plaques-Mannequins.
- Stroti for making such a lovely outdoor toilet.