Last updated at 3:32, 16 Dec 2016 Uploaded at 1:26, 25 Mar 2014
A mysterious and powerful criminal has been spotted in Skyrim, his trail dogged by hunters from Morrowind. However, there may be more at stake than it seems, and this criminal may be familiar...
This is a quest mod for vanilla Skyrim. No mods or DLC are required. This mod includes:
- 1 branching main quest
- 4 side quests
- 9 fully voiced NPCs
- A new town
- 1 new merchant and 2 new trainers
- 7 new weapons and 1 new spell
- 1 new dungeon, featuring all new puzzles and a new kind of boss
- In game aftermath events that take place after the main quest has been completed. Your actions have consequences!
Ranked at #9 on Brodual's list of the Top 10 Quest Mods
THIS MOD MAKES SMALL CHANGES TO THE TAMRIEL OVERWORLD, SO THERE IS A CHANCE THAT IT COULD CONFLICT WITH OTHER MODS THAT CHANGE THE SAME AREAS. If you are having issues with the mod, please first try playing it without your other mods installed. It has been tested with Skyrim, Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfire and should work fine barring interference from other mods.
Confirmed Mod Conflicts:
- Klinalth Lake Mansion-Player home ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206666610 )
- Talos Island ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11375/? )
- Isle of the Akavir ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122246259 )
- Woodland Sanctuary ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20120/? )
Mods with compatibility patches:
- Tel Nalta (fixes terrain and NavMesh conflicts)
- RS Children by Walker Gallia - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68258/? (fixes mesh and texture issues with Albert)
- Aurora Village (fixes terrain, NavMesh conflicts, and static mesh conflicts)
- WATER Plants.esp (removes some grass that was poking through a mesh)
- Undeath (removes the signs to Little Vivec)
- Requiem (removes a giant slaughterfish that was terrorizing Little Vivec)
HOW DO I START THE MAIN QUEST?
A courier should give you a letter the next time you fast travel to an outdoor area. You can wait for him or fast travel again. Usually, just playing like normal will trigger him. Otherwise, you can go to the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood and find the quest giver on your own. Play how you want!
Alternatively, you can download the optional Immersion Patch to prevent the courier from arriving until you have completed "The Way of the Voice." It also locks out the aforementioned dialog with the quest giver, keeping your immersion intact.
CAN I HAVE A PLAYER HOME IN LITTLE VIVEC?
I recommend installing the Moon and Star version of Greenboat by G-Mus if you'd like a player home in the village. It adds a unique houseboat that blends well with the village's aesthetic.
DIDN'T HOUSE HLAALU LOSE THEIR STATUS AS A GREAT HOUSE? WHY ARE THEY INVOLVED?
MY MOD ISN'T WORKING/IS BUGGED!
Before reporting a bug, please try playing the mod without other mods installed or last in your mod load order. If you are still having issues, then feel free to let me know. If the problem is with another mod, let me know which one and I may look into a solution, if the other mod is widespread enough. Given the nature of modding, I will very likely not be able to make this mod 100% compatable with every other Skyrim mod in existence.
CAN I USE THINGS FROM YOUR MOD IN ANOTHER MOD?
For the custom meshes and textures listed below, please check the policies of the individual artists and modders. Most are fine with it. As for everything else, feel free to mess with it, but save your changes in a different .esp if you plan on distributing it and credit would be appreciated.
HOW LONG DID THIS TAKE YOU?
Eight weeks of crazy hard work.
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO DO ___?
Give http://www.creationkit.com/ and Google a chance to answer your questions first, but if you still need help with Creation Kit, feel free to ask in the comments.
I'M STUMPED! HOW DO I GET PAST ___?
As a developer, I'd love to believe that everyone can get through the mod without help, but if you'd really like a guide and don't mind spoilers, this is a fantastic one.
Albert - Laura Looi
Bal-Ran - Xander Mobus
Belvadyr Rathvasi - Anthony Sardinha
"The Criminal" - Joshua Gotay
Mandyn Hlaalu - Steven Kelly
Toren and Taren Darosa - Myself
Selyse Andrathil - Amber Lee Connors
Velyna Rathvasi - Heidi Tabing
Dwemer Amulet by Tygabor:
Mace of Aevar Stone-Singer by PrivateEye:
Moon-and-Star by PrivateEye:
Chrysamere by thebigmuh:
Bonemold Armor by TehHusky:
Sunder by Star Boi and thePOSTALdude (ported to Skyrim by Krazz):
Wraithguard by Urbanshiv92 (updated by Trainwiz):
Hopesfire by InsanitySorrow (ported to Skyrim by Trainwiz):
Trueflame by Plangkye (ported to Skyrim by ArdenDanmer):