Last updated at 9:31, 12 Nov 2014 Uploaded at 10:29, 7 Mar 2014
"Conquering evil, not the opponent
is the essence of swordsmanship."
is the essence of swordsmanship."
Dovahmaar (2h) and Dovahfaas (1h) are exceptionally powerful weapons intended for use in the latter stages of Skyrim. Daedric in nature, they strike with the force of other such weapons, but based on the sophistication of their Akaviri-inspired design weigh less and move more quickly. At the stage at which their creation is possible the Dragonborn is a being of considerable power, in whose hands the blades are the stuff of tomorrow's legends. The flesh of dragons parts readily at their touch. Others burn.
- The blades can only be forged by one touched by great power, and possessing primal insight into the nature and vulnerabilities of the dovah. (Both are obtained upon completion of the "Alduin's Bane" quest - which despite the name is not the end of the main Alduin storyline!).
- The blades are too powerful to be forged in conventional flame. They can only be created within the eldritch furnace of the Skyforge, and only once the full potential of that resource has been realized. (This occurs upon completion of the Companion quest "Glory of the Dead", when the player subsequently speaks with Eorlund).
- Artifacts such as these are not easily conceived. In addition to the above the Dragonborn must be adept at Daedric Smithing, and have the basic Enchanter perk elevated to a maximum degree of 5/5. ("New enchantments are 100% stronger.")
- Due to the nature of their spiritual bond with the Dragonborn, Dovahmaar and Dovahfaas do not consume charges upon releasing the power of their enchantments.
- While anyone can carry Dovahmaar and Dovahfaas, only the Dragonborn can wield them in battle.
- Unenchanted Daedric Akaviri Greatswords and Longswords can be created using the same knowledge, facilities and skills as required for the two Dragon Reavers (minus the enchanting requirement). These blades may be enchanted in the same manner as any other, and can be wielded by both the Dragonborn and his trusted followers.
- Once obtained, any of the weapons can be upgraded at any grindstone.
Compatibility and Conflicts:
- These are all-new assets (down to their cubemaps). As such, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn are not required.
- As all pieces are standalone with no dependencies whatsoever on Bethesda content, there should be no conflicts with other mods.
- I recommend just using the Nexus Mod Manager and automated downloading.
- But if you prefer manual, simply download the .7z file to your ../skyrim/data folder, and extract all contents there. (Also, make sure it's enabled in your Skyrim launcher.)
German/Deutsch -- In the optional file section (translated by Flammenzunge)
Enchanting Awakened: No patch should be required. The prerequisite for vanilla Enchanting 5/5 should be automatically replaced with the Enchanting Awakened perk Chaos Discipline 2/3.
- Wolf Armor textures: aMidianBorn Wolf Armor and Skyforge Weapons
- ENB: Realvision ENB
- Lighting: Enhanced Lighting and FX
It is unlikely I will be amenable to the inclusion of these assets in other mods save a handful of the most prominent compilations. Requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. I will not consent to their being hosted on any site other than Nexus (though I will be maintaining my own version on Steam Workshop).
I've done my best to test and tweak as much as possible, but in the end I'm a QA department of one. Should others discover problems, I'll do what I can to address them as I learn of them.
-- Dreogan, March 2014