Last updated at 1:57, 27 Jul 2014 Uploaded at 2:51, 24 Feb 2014
- Added option to not force third-person when playing animations.
- Slightly decreased spoilage rate of cooked food.
- Fixed an issue where sleeping would not always lower fatigue.
- Made a few other minor fixes and tweaks.
- Added support for Drinks for the Thirsty, Highland Milk Farm and Real Wildlife - Skyrim.
- No vanilla records are directly modified except for a few cell edits to enable well water. This mod should be compatible with almost everything without the need for patches.
- If using iHUD and the 'Link ALL SkyUI Widgets' option is enabled, the widgets will be toggled on/off when using the toggle compass hotkey. If you'd like to always see the widgets then disable the aforementioned option in iHUD's settings.
- Support for Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, Wyrmstooth, Falskaar, Cooking Expanded, Hunterborn, Babettes Feast (patched versions), Improved Fish, Herbal Tea, Be a Milk Drinker, Drinking Fountains of Skyrim, Realistic Wildlife Loot and Recipes, skyBirds, Phitts Alchemy and Food Overhaul, Nernies City and Village Expansion, Expanded Towns and Cities, Harvest Overhaul, More plants and recipes, Osare Foods, 527 Food, A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim, Ambrosia from Valhalla, Bon Appetit, Drinks for the Thirsty, Highland Milk Farm, Real Wildlife - Skyrim and Requiem food/drink items without the need for additional plugins.
- Compatible with Open Cities Skyrim.
Required: Skyrim 188.8.131.52.8+
Optional: SKSE 1.6.16+
SKSE is only needed for widgets, modification of foods and configuration through SkyUI's MCM.
Optional: Wet and Cold 1.40+
Food spoilage rates are reduced in the cold and you will be able to find waterskins on traveling NPCs provided that "Mod-Added Items" is enabled under "Survival Gear Options".
A streamlined approach to needs. This mod adjusts to your timescale so by default you should only feel the need to eat and drink 2-3 times a day and sleep once per day provided that you are consuming full meals and getting at least 7 hours of sleep. There are no numbers to be concerned with. Just use a little common sense, follow a schedule and you should hopefully find that the features here are intuitive and have been well integrated into the world. For your convenience, most information here and more in-depth information regarding how the mod works can be found in the MCM. Credits to schlangster for the original inspiration and widget framework.
P.S. If starting a new save, your hunger and thirst levels will be randomized to add a bit of spice to your start.
- Widget: Three icons that represent your hunger, thirst and fatigue levels can be configured to two different styles and can be displayed anywhere on your screen. Requires SkyUI and SKSE.
- Sound: Grumbling stomach noises, coughing and yawning will play more frequently as you become more hungry/thirsty/tired. If you are hearing male noises instead of female on new saves, just make a save and restart Skyrim.
- Text: Messages will appear in the upper left corner detailing your current state. You won't suffer penalties until you are "mildly hungry/thirsty/tired". Disabled by default if SkyUI is installed.
The heavier the food, the more filling it is likely to be. Water and alcohol will quench thirst. Water can be carried in waterskins, which can be crafted at leather racks, purchased from innkeepers or general goods merchants and can sometimes be found on NPCs. They can be refilled through the following methods when empty:
- Purchased from an innkeeper or from any random traveler with a filled waterskin in their inventory (requires Wet and Cold).
- Requested from an NPC that you've become friendly with (done quests for) in an interior.
- Crafted at a cooking pot located away from town (1 firewood or 2 coals).
- Collected from any upright bucket or kettle out in the open when it's raining.
- Collected from any open wells or a water barrel. Water barrels can be crafted at a forge or bought from general goods merchants. They will never disappear unless disassembled so feel free to construct them in/outside your home or for your favorite NPCs.
- Collected at the base of waterfalls by using the 'Drink Hotkey' or by clicking on an empty waterskin.
- Automation: You have the option to hotkey eating and drinking, which will choose the most effective items in your inventory to consume with just one button press and/or simply let the mod automate your eating and drinking while you just keep your inventory stocked.
- Buffs and Debuffs: You will receive a slight buff for keeping each one of yours needs maintained and three increasing levels of debuffs if you don't. You cannot die from neglecting your needs (unless enabled) and there are no penalties for overeating/overdrinking/oversleeping. Eating raw meat with satiate and damage you by a random amount.
- Combat Increases Needs: Combat will slightly increase your needs (primarily fatigue) over time.
- Food Spoilage: Disabled by default. Food will spoil at various rates (with some random variability) over time represented by percentages next to the name of food items in your inventory. Consuming food at X% will provide X% of the food's original value to your needs. Heavier foods tend to spoil faster than lighter foods with the exception of raw meat, which will spoil fastest. Once food reaches 0%, it will become inedible and can no longer be cooked.
- Animations: Disabled by default. Eating or drinking animations will play after eating or drinking regardless of whether you are in first or third person. Can be enabled for followers as well if their needs are enabled.
- Cannibalism: You have the option to enable cannibalism if you or your followers are wood elves or have the Ring of Namira equipped.
- Dangerous Diseases: Disabled by default. All diseases in Skyrim produce a fever, which will randomly progress through four stages. If Death is enabled and you are on the last stage, your stats will degrade every hour until death.
- Alcohol/Skooma: Drinking alcohol 3 times within 120 seconds of each other will produce a stat change and visual impairment effect. Drinking skooma will produce a quick stamina regeneration buff but a longer lasting debuff to magicka and spells.
- Meals with Followers: When you sit down and eat enough, followers will also begin eating/drinking with you provided that there is some place to sit nearby. Followers will stop eating after 60 seconds or if you move far enough away. No actual food or drink items are consumed.
- Follower Needs: Disabled by default. Followers will automatically consume food and drink at regular intervals provided that there is food and drink in their inventories. Followers will gain effects from the food or drink item just like you. Maintaining/neglecting their needs will produce similar buffs and debuffs as yours.
- Horse Needs: Disabled by default. If you own a horse and are standing in front of it, you will be able to feed it to give it a slight stamina regeneration buff. There are no penalties for not feeding your horse as it is likely grazing when you are away!
Food in Skyrim
Food found in barrels and sacks have been greatly reduced. Salt stock has been increased across the board. All foods and drinks have their prices increased. Their weights have also been increased and set to certain values to give you an idea of how satiating an item will be. Price and weight changes are disabled by default and require SKSE to enable.
Werewolves and Vampires
Vampires will not need food or water and will fatigue much less slowly. However, they will also recover that much more slowly when sleeping. Werewolves receive temporary immunity to fatigue while in beast form but will feel more fatigued after reverting back. They can also feed to lower thirst and hunger.
- You Hunger Significantly decreases the amount of food that can be found in Skyrim.
- Realistic Needs and Diseases, Imps More Complex Needs, Eat and sleep, ZF Primary Needs If you'd prefer a needs mod that is more fully featured, try one of these out.
- Frostfall, Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger, Camping Lite, Knapsack Enhanced
Manual installers drop the files into your Data folder. NMM/BAIN: download the main file and add to your respective programs.
Remove all files from the previous version and install the new version.
Remove all installed files.
- You have my permission to translate this mod and upload it to the Nexus or non-English sites. Just send me a link.
- Text errors in MCM can be corrected here for future releases.
schlangster for the original inspiration behind the mod and the widgets.
psychosteve for the icons used for the widgets.
TreasureChest, DVAted, Tumbajamba for the waterskin from their Sabre Gear Backpack.
starfis for help with Czech localization.
Battousai124 for help with German localization.
aloot for help with Italian, French and Spanish localization.
Trueno33 for help with Spanish localization.
Hunger, thirst, fatigue sound effects are from FWE. More specifically from Primary Needs by K.Schenk and FritZ_FretZ.
Water Pouring by Iwan Gabovitch under CC-BY 3.0 License.