Last updated at 18:30, 14 Nov 2014 Uploaded at 2:51, 24 Feb 2014
- The wounded in the Temple of Kynareth should no longer join in on the festivities.
- NPCs should now wear festive hats throughout Saturalia day as intended instead of only past 5PM.
- Fixed a floating civil war decoration in Solitude.
- Minor optimizations.
Required: Skyrim 188.8.131.52.8+
Required: Wet and Cold 1.40+
Optional: SKSE 1.6.5+
SKSE is only required for the equipment features and configuration of this addon through the MCM.
- No NPCs are directly modified making this mod fully compatible with all NPC mods. Since the primary aim of this mod is to make use of the in-game population, it is highly recommended to install mods which will populate your Skyrim.
- NPC AI packages from Wet and Cold, Run For Your Lives and When Vampires Attack will have priority in the event that NPCs need to seek shelter.
- Compatible with all mods that have anything to do with taverns/merchants/selling/buying prices.
- There may be some minor clipping with the decorations if any other mod that modifies cities or villages is installed. Mods that make drastic changes will result in more severe clipping and floating decorations.
- Compatibility patch for Open Cities is available. This patch must be placed under "Open Cities Skyrim.esp". All other Wet and Cold modules must be placed somewhere before "Open Cities Skyrim.esp".
An addon for Wet and Cold, which makes use of Wet and Cold's features to spread holiday cheer throughout Skyrim. Villages/cities will visually change as holidays based on TES lore--some of which may have been initially planned by Bethesda based on strings found in the CK--come and go. NPCs will also react to these changes by attending various events appropriate for the holiday. If you'd like to experience the in-game holidays along with the real world, it is possible force any holiday, any day, for as long as you'd like through SkyUI's MCM. Install, update, troubleshooting, etc. instructions are identical to the Wet and Cold mod. Do not uninstall while a holiday is active.
From festive lanterns to fireworks, a list of currently implemented holidays and their basic effects in-game can be found here. You will be given notice of upcoming holidays through flyers from the courier and/or through a monthly events letter at the bar in each city tavern.
Holiday Gear: [SKSE]
NPCs will equip various items depending on the holiday. Currently implemented gear: Saturalia hats during Saturalia, Jester's Day costumes during Jester's Day, New Life Bandanas during the New Life Festival, Festival of Lights Candle Lanterns during the Festival of Lights and practice weapons during the Warriors Festival.
A city's/village's NPCs will celebrate in temples, shops, inns and/or outside depending on the holiday. Merchants/laborers may retire early in order to attend events. All cities and villages in Skyrim will have NPCs who celebrate provided the settlement has the specific location required for the holiday (e.g. the Mid Year Celebration has NPCs gathering in temples and outside that day. Since Riverwood does not have a temple, Riverwood's NPCs will only celebrate outside on this holiday). Since this feature may interfere with some NPC quest scenes, you can A. bother them later (let them relax it's a holiday!) or B. temporarily disable this feature when needed.
- A "Festivals of Skyrim" book detailing all non-dynamic holidays in this mod has been added to the book clutter leveled list. It has a low chance of appearing in various locations throughout Skyrim. Useful if you do not have SkyUI/MCM or prefer reading about the holidays from a book.
- After the Battle of Whiterun, this mod will be disabled until the civil war is completed. However, this can be overridden using the override feature at your own discretion.
- All times listed are estimates. NPC travel time should be taken into account.
- Inhabitants of a location selected to attend an event are randomly redrawn every 2 in-game hours. After 5 PM the attendee list stabilizes.
- Winterhold does not hold any celebrations.
- Saturalia decorations will appear on Whiterun's Gildergreen only when it is fully grown and healthy.
- "A New Life Carol" book series (5 total) are a Skyrim adaptation of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" by princess_stomper and can be found during the Saturalia decorations season.
Randomized Start Date:
If starting a new game, you will have the option to randomize the month, day and/or time your adventure begins. Compatible with Alternate Start - Live Another Life, Skyrim Unbound and Random Alternate Start.
- You have my permission to translate this mod and upload it to the Nexus or non-English sites. Just send me a link.
- Text errors in MCM can be corrected here for future releases.
Everyone that has contributed to uesp.net for holiday lore.
Zaf for contributing his voice to the Feast of the Dead.
mindboggles for modification and use of Fireworks.
mannygt for modification and use of Christmas Lanterns.
Oaristys for various models from Modders Resource Pack.
Blary for the note meshes from OpenBooks Resource.
Deandra, Yughues and Tamira for modification and use of pumpkins: Halloween In Skyrim - Even More Pumpkins.
Vicn for various masks from The Mad Masker.
volvaga0 for the bandanas from Bandanas of Skyrim.
princess_stomper for the Skyrim adaptation of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
DanielCoffey for book resources from Better Book Mesh and Book Covers PSD.
Phoenix Amon (Daleth), without Book Jackets: Oblivion the Book Covers Skyrim mod would not exist.
Grimbot for Grimbots DLC Book Jackets for Oblivion.
Metallicow for his book textures and his resources.
improbabile for help with Italian localization.
Moorichka for help with Russian localization.
Mekrani for help with Polish localization.
www.fuzzimo.com for the Free Stock worn fabric book cover textures.
css0101 and hifoo for their lanterns from Nordic Lantern - Replacer and Usable Lantern.