Last updated at 0:25, 11 Mar 2014 Uploaded at 1:44, 21 Feb 2014
This mod simply adds the character Dar'Shan into the Skyrim world to use as a follower. This mod uses only vanilla assets, so it's nothing special, but it's something I found myself enjoying.
I should mention this before anything else: this is my very first plugin. If you find and inconsistencies or errors in anything, please let me know! This is mostly for you, after all, and I want to make this the best I can.
And to you, the Nexus staff, if I ever get out of line, please let me know so I can fix my errors! I want to continue to bring some simple plugins to everyone here.
The character himself is from a good friend of mine's Skyrim Tumblr blog, aptly named bountyhuntingkhajiit.(Warning, the blog may hold NFSW content)
Dar'Shan can be found in Falkreath, just wasting some time in Dead Man's Drink. He's got plenty of perks to fit his lore, including Ranger and Green Thumb. He levels with the player, but starts around level 10, and is essential so he can never be killed. He starts with an Imperial bow, a steel sword, 160 steel arrows, and an elven dagger. He prefers bows, one-handed weapons, and light armor and is efficient in all of them. He switches between the two combat methods when necessary; bows when enemies are far away, one-handed when they're up close.
However, as a warning, he does stay where you dismissed him, so you may want to dismiss him in a town or somewhere else where you know you can find him better. This does mean that he'll hang around in your home if you dismiss him there!
None, except a copy of Skyrim and Update.esm (which you should already have if you use Skyrim in conjunction with Steam).
- MFVM - More Follower Voices Mod Plus Khajiit Marriage by Mysticentity (Dar'Shan should be eligible for marriage, but will have no real dialogue for the marriage dialogue options. This mod fixes this.)
- Talkative Khajiit Spouses by mistress miaura (Same reason as the above mod: Dar'Shan is eligible for marriage, but will have no real dialogue for the marriage dialogue options. This mod fixes this.)
- Coverkhajiits by mrLenski (Makes all Khajiit in-game look as pretty as ever!)
- Natural Eyes by nevenbridge (A great and "realistic" texture replacer for all the vanilla eyes in game that I personally use. Covereyes by mrLenski is also another great choice!)
- More accurate Khajiit chin and lips paint by Rainkitty (Just another aesthetics mod I personally use. Replaces the vanilla Khajiit chin and lip textures to something a bit more "realistic" and closer to real cats.)
- Better claws for Beast Races by Derok (Another cool mod that edits the hand models for the beast races such as Argonians and Khajiit to make them look more terrifying. Compatible with any and all retextures, but can cause a small seam issue from time to time.)
So far, I've tested this mod and only found a few aesthetic bugs. If you find anymore, please feel free to let me know in any way!
- Dar'Shan is loaded up in other games, white fur color -- Should be fixed now. If it not, let me know.
It should be compatible with just about anything, since it uses only vanilla assets. Mods that change the interior of Dead Man's Drink are compatible as well(I use Expanded Towns and Cities by missjennabee!).
1. Download with Nexus Mod Manager (NMM)
2. Activate plugin within NMM
3. Start up Skyrim and enjoy Dar'Shan as a follower!
1. Dismiss Dar'Shan as a follower
2. Move to a cell where Dar'Shan is not located (hopefully an interior one)
3. Create a "clean," fresh save
4. Deactivate the mod in NMM
- 1.3 - Changed the file to a .rar and changed up some of the filing so everything should go into the right place. NOW he should be black, if I've got it right.
- 1.2 - Added some missing facegen data that I missed AGAIN. Hope it works better now.
- 1.1 - Cleaned up the mod and fixed the face tint and facegen data problems, however some extra facegen parts were missing. I also edited his clothing for when you first meet him. He'll be wearing some tavern clothes and will put his normal armor on when you recruit him.
- 1.0 - Uploaded the mod. Had some dirty edits and messed up face tints. Also had the "dark face bug" for other users.
A Big Thank You
To Bethesda, for creating the amazingly massive game that we all continue to play and mod today, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
To my friend for coming up with the super awesome character, Dar'Shan, and letting me turn him into a follower.
To any, and all, of the aforementioned mods and their creators for expanding on the base game and making it even more amazing than what Bethesda shipped out.
To Nexus for letting everyone, even me, a very new modder, post their amazing works online.
And, last but never least, anyone who goes out of their way to download and try this mod out. You keep me making more. <3