Last updated at 21:48, 29 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 5:07, 23 Dec 2013
Ever wondered why you find Imperial Septims buried deep in Ancient Nord barrows or Dwemer ruins? Why are the coins in Skyrim named "Gold" instead of "Septim" as in previous Elder Scrolls titles? This mod aims to remedy these issues.
This mod is the official continuation of the original Skyrim Coin Replacer by TheDamned.
* All official DLCs supported.
* Septims can now be found instead of generically named Gold.
* Haralds can now be found in Ancient Nord barrows and their inhabitants (Draugr) instead of Septims.
* Dumacs can now be found in Dwemer ruins and their inhabitants (Falmer) instead of Septims.
* NEW IN v1.2 - Ulfrics and associated lore books can now be found in Windhelm. There is a rumor the thieves guild has plans for this new coinage.
* Haralds are worth up to 3 Septims each and 75 of them can be melted down to form a Silver Ingot at the smelter.
* Dumacs are worth up to 5 Septims each and 75 of them can be melted down to form an Ebony Ingot at the smelter.
* NEW IN v1.2 - Ulfrics are worth up to 2 Septims each and 75 of them can be melted down to form a Silver Ingot at the smelter.
* All of these coins can be gifted to children or spouses.
Haralds and Dumacs are weightless and cannot be used directly at merchants for goods. General merchants will buy them as collectibles or blacksmiths will buy them to melt into ingots.
This mod has been meticulously cleaned and is free of technical errors. All changes from the unofficial patches have been carried forward. The unofficial patches are not required for this mod to work. This mod does not currently use scripts.
Skyrim v220.127.116.11 or greater
Simply unpack the contents of the download to your Skyrim data folder either manually or with your favorite mod management utility. It is recommended you generate a bashed patch as this mod alters leveled lists.
Simply deactivate the esp and remove all files. You may have to wait for any visited cells to respawn before it is once again populated with coins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are the coins named Haralds and Dumacs?
A: Those were the names given by TheDamned for the original mod. I saw no reason to change them. Lore for each can be found here and here.
Q: Will my other mods also use the new coins?
A: As long as they use appropriate vanilla leveled lists any added creatures should drop the proper coins. However, any statically placed coins or coin purses will not inherit the changes. Some compatibility patches for major mods such as Falskaar and Wyrmstooth will come with time to fix the statically placed items.
* SkyUI will give the new coins Ingot icons due to the keywords applied to make them sellable to smiths. The coin icon used by SkyUI is hard coded by form id and there is nothing I can do to change it.