Last updated at 18:52, 21 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 13:20, 15 Dec 2013
A lore-friendly Resident Evil 1 Remake for Skyrim
~ Playerhouse & Challenge ~
This mod is supposed to be a challenge on a balanced, varied and enjoyable level.
But it's not a shame to run away like a cowardly Draugr.
WALKTHROUGH (FINAL EDITION)
"Final Edition" / Version 4.0+ (Best Playerhouse, most difficult, adds unique items, new functions)
"Dark Edition" / Version 3.0+ (Complete rebuild, based on Skyrim default material only)
Initial Release / Version 1.0+ (Uncomplete rebuild, most buggy, most easy)
This is a lore-friendly reconstruction of Resident Evil 1 as Playerhouse and Challenge for Skyrim.
Contains a completly rebuild of the Spencer Mansion, inclusive Basement, Dormitory and Laboratorium.
The whole architecture and atmosphere is close as possible to the Resident Evil game, but everything else is slightly redesigned to fit into the world and timeline of Skyrim.
The connections between all the locations are different to the original game to match the outer area good as possible and to promote the playability.
There is no listed questline, but close to Resident Evil you have to face the evil inside and solve some secrets to push through.
After the clearing the whole location is fully usable as Playerhouse, probably the biggest you can get.
(Now slightly redesigned to be more practically!)
- Savegames from the versions 1.X/2.X/3.X are not compatible with version 4.0! If you have an old version of The Evil Mansion installed, you have to create a clean savepoint with the "TheEvilMansion.esp" disabled/deleted before installing the Final Edition.
- Due to the complexity of this mod, i wasn't able to test all new functions at all possible conditions in a greater extent. I did my best to make sure everything is working, but at the moment i can't guarantee for everything. If you encounter bugs or problems, please let me know.
- Version 4.0 adds new meshes, textures, music, sounds and scripts to the game, which increased the file size massively. Also there is a much higher chance for appearing problems compared to version 3 which is basicly build on default material.
- A lore-friendly recreation of Resident Evil 1 for Skyrim.
- Contains Spencer Mansion, Basement, Dormitory, Laboratorium and Underground.
- Puzzles, traps and secrets close to the original game.
- Respawning enemies.
- High difficulty in various ways.
- Fully usable as Playerhouse.
- 15 Companions and Vendors unlockable.
- Unique balancing, considering characters up to level 100 and beyond.
- Changed races with special attributes for nearly all enemies.
- Unique loot. (Items, Weapons, Armors and Clothes)
- Compatible with Followers.
- 10 Mannequins.
- 20+ Weaponracks and 10+ Display-Cases.
- 2 Potionshelfes.
- 4 interactive Bookshelfes.
- All 5 locations of the Mansion are usable, all containers are safe.
- All containers have sandboxing disabled to be safe from NPCs.
- 5 essential Companions with day/night cycle inside the Mansion. (must be unlocked)
- 1 essential Companion (Joanna) who will hold Position after leaving. (must be rescued)
- 9 Vendors with day/night cycle inside the Mansion. (must be unlocked)
- Vendor Thief (mostly in Dormitory) buys stolen goods.
- Merchant, Hunter and Alchemist sells unique potions and arrows.
- A Horse parking slot at the maindoor.
- All traps can be disabled in the last location.
- Dead corpses disappear after 7 days. (default)
- Clutter (books/bottles etc.) seem to move back into position after 7 days, if not picked up. (default)
- All of the enemies are leveled so it should be playable for all characters. Despite all the testings, there might be passages in this mod with a frustrating difficulty for low leveled players.
- No other mods or add-ons are required.
- There should be no compatibility problem with other mods, as long the exterior location arround Morthal is not influenced.
- The Mansion is located in the northern swamps of Morthal, there are no important objects deleted or moved to get space for the Mansion.
- Some interior-cells are huge, specially the upper Mansion. Loading time might be long and performance bad.
- It's my first work with CK. If there are big mistakes, bugs or whatever, please let me know.
"Tougher Traps" by Xylozi
On entering the Mansion NPCs are not loaded. (If for example the Dining Room, first room left, is empty)
Randomly appearing, mostly recognized after tests with the "coc command" before loading a savegame. To fix this you have to load a savepoint before you entered the concerning location for the first time, maybe with restarting Skyrim first.
Static objects like buttons, doors, etc. are missing.
Sometimes things (which were always there) are just not there. Only solution is a reload.
After a lot of dying and reloading, things like Spawns/Triggers/Activators, are not working anymore.
Also recognized this strange bug in my tests, the more often you die and the game automaticly reloads to your last savepoint, that higher is the chance for "not working scripts". I recommend to restart Skyrim then.
The gas poisoning effect won't disappear.
Since the used gas-trap is Skyrim default, it's probably a bug caused by another mod. Possibly a perk mod, which results in a very long-lasting poisoning effect.
You can check your active effects, the duration should be arround 30 sec.
I got poisoned outside the gas area.
That's a loading bug which changes the shape of triggerzones. Mostly appearing after a lot of dying and reloading. Restarting Skyrim should fix it.
My Companion is not following when entering "Underground".
This has a good reason, just keep going, he won't get lost.
I moved the shields in the Gallery Room and can't solve this puzzle now.
There are 2 images with the original shield positions added to the picture-gallery. (Final Edition)
Manniquens are placed in strange/wrong positions.
Default bug of Skyrim, Manniquens possibly move like NPCs till their script is loaded... only chance to fix their positions is to reload the cell.
Missing Walls in "Underground".
Broken meshes have been added by another mod. (Don't know which mod)
To fix it remove the folder "interiors" in Data/Meshes/architecture/solitude/...
The most secrets are very similar to Resident Evil (1996). Without knowing the game it might not be easy to push through. Just leave me message to get help then. I will not spoil any secrets in the comments.
Never use "tcl" to move through locked doors/areas, this can destroy important triggers.
Alternatively on youtube are some playthroughs.
- A stock of potions, spells and a companion might be a good idea.
- Poisongas is deadly, just don't...
- Not all secrets are solvable from the beginning, keep them for later if you have no idea what to do.
- Keep the eyes open and check new rooms carefully.
- A Saveroom is still a good place for a save.
- Reading educates, with ignoring books/documents you might not get through.
- For the activation of some objects you need to have the related item in your inventory.
- There is no need to lockpic something, there is a key for every lock.
- Whisker's Armor is shown as Dark Brotherhood Armor in inventory.
- Rare and randomly things like objects, markers or enemys just not get loaded correctly.
- There is no distance-LOD, the Mansion is not visible from very large distances, same for the changed landscape.
- On Novice/Apprentice difficulty it's possible that necessary (for the game -progress) enemies not appear.
- Small clipping errors.
- Mistakes in the english language.
- Corpses are still moving/breathing sometimes. (possibly caused by other mods)
- Sometimes the "disable-havok-script" for items (Keys/Gems..) isn't working and let them stuck in strange positions or drop to the ground.
- Worldspace conflict with the Mod: "Following Mercer: A Thieves' Guild Quest"
For the very detailed maps of Resident Evil 1:
- Stebloke (stebloke.co.uk)
The Witcher 2 Armor (Steelplate Armor):
- CD Project
The Evil Mastermind & Mavari Armor (Whisker's Armor):
Support & Help:
Resident Evil playthroughs on Youtube:
- Mike Bettencourt