Last updated at 21:12, 29 Nov 2013 Uploaded at 23:09, 18 Jul 2013
Do you have what it takes to don the fabled Gray Cowl of Nocturnal? This mod sets you on a short, clever quest to prove you’re worthy of the great cowl. Complete it to earn a completely functional, better than the original cowl of the Gray Fox.
A short clever quest composed almost entirely of custom assets, and one unique thief styled puzzle
A 100% functional Gray Cowl of Nocturnal that does everything the original did, as well as makes some improvements new to Skyrim:
- Tracks a separate Gray Fox bounty for crimes committed while wearing it.
- Tracks bounty for all nine holds, the major factions, and even some misc factions
- Equipping the Cowl starts you with at least 500 bounty in each hold, just like in Oblivion
- Detect Life: Enemies and Allies show up differently so you know who to avoid
- Original enchantments: Fortify Sneak 25pts and Fortify Carry Weight (Feather) 200pts
- Equipping and un-equipping the cowl stops NPCs from fighting as they become confused as to who you are (if they should fight you, they’ll start again)
- HD texture based on the HD texture DLC, as well as an optional replacer by Reaper911
- Glowing runes, better than in Oblivion
- Wearable by all races and genders
To install, just unzip and drop the .esp and .bsa into your data folder.
If you’re wondering how to get started, I’d recommend you investigate Nightingale Hall (which requires beating the thieve’s guild).
Or to cheat, type “coc qasmoke” and check out the table with the ladles on it. But know you’ve cheated and missed out on the quest and the right to call yourself an honorable thief!
Check out the German translation here!
Originally, I released the first Gray Fox Mask on the Nexus within my A Friend of Time mod. However, over the years since I released that first mod, I’ve had numerous requests to make a standalone. I finally decided to do so, and while gathering the materials to recreate it for re-release, I ended up updating almost every part of it from updating the texture, to improving the mask’s scripts and abilities, to creating a short quest and modeling new assets for the quest. All in all, I’m thrilled how it turned out and I hope you will be too! :D
Credit to Reaper9111 for the optional HD texture!
I do not post any mods on Steam Workshop. If you see one of my mods on Steam Workshop, please report the file to me. Thanks! :D