Last updated at 4:49, 10 Oct 2016 Uploaded at 19:39, 29 Jul 2013
See installation instructions below for upgrading to v2.x.x. from a previous version.
See installation instructions below for upgrading to v2.x.x. from a previous version.
Either a strange impulse to explore the mountains southwest of Whiterun or just your adventures lead you to discover a cavern nestled within the mountains. What is this hidden valley? Who owns this cabin? What strange force drew you here? What challenges will you face in order to claim it as your own?
Welcome everyone! This is Jaggersfeld, a unique player home for the hunters out there, but suitable for everyone else too! It has some awesome features including...
The Hunters Cabin
This cabin nested in a peaceful valley comes with a mod-compatible sorting system for all your items, as well as, some fairly unique crafting stations. Every crafting station in Jaggersfeld does not require players to have the materials in their inventory. As long as the items are in the proper chests from the sorting system, the materials will be available for use with their related crafting stations.
Within the cabin players will find unique finds like a functional potion display shelf, custom decorations, a custom scroll storage shelf, and a fully functional, 100% authentic Dunmer bed! Custom decorations in the home made by Oaristys and Tony67 which can be found here as well as rugs made by Insanity, found here.
The Trophy Hall
The valley is also home to an armory that's "not of this world", inspired by our previous house mod, Lair of The Crimson Scar. It was such a popular feature that we decided to bring it back, slap a new coat of paint on it, and build an addition that houses all the favorite Daedric artifacts and trophies from the player's hunts. We also feature unique displays for your Elder Scrolls, dragon claws, Dragon Priest masks, Black Books, and even a place to put those pesky paragons from the Vale.
CAUTION: When adding items to any of the display areas, don't add and remove items rapidly, as it can cause problems.
We hope you enjoy this house and all of its features, and be sure to have a look around the valley. You never know what the previous occupants may have stashed.
October 9th, 2016
Added a version to download without the sorting scripts. The containers will now simply be regular storage containers that are named. Users will have to place items in the containers manually with this version. Also users will be required to have the items on them they need to use the forge, tanning rack, smelter, etc. Switching to this version requires either cleaning the save of scripts or starting a new game with it installed.
To clean, follow the instructions in the updating section below for cleaning the scripts and clean any script that starts with "_sga* ".
August 25th, 2016
Updated the description page with a better color palette and header design. I also added a "Recommended Mods" section which I'll be filling in periodically.
August 12th, 2016
Uploaded a hotfix for the mannequins moving about. See changelog for full details.
July 16th, 2016
Although this might not seem like a big update on the user side of things, I ensure you this was a fairly large update to the mod behind the scenes. Creating a quest for obtaining Jaggarsfeld involved a massive about of both learning and work. As a result, Van is now much closer to a full-fleged NPC. He is currently not voiced, though. I will be getting him voiced in a future update; however, there are still some things to add to the dialogue before I am ready for that stage. With that said, this initial stage is now complete and you can successfully obtain Jaggarsfeld from Van in a manner than is lore-friendly to the lore surrounding Hircine...which is the original intend of Jaggarsfeld.
On top of the quest, several other smaller things have changed. Most notably is the garden area that has been converted into a player-plantable garden. Other things were corrections to object positions to fix floating flora and objects falling off shelves, and better blending of some of the landscape. See the changelog for all the details.
Finally, I highly recommend a clean install of the mod when updating to this version. I make full effort to attempt to keep the updates as friendly as possible for you all; however, with the addition of the quest and the updating of part of the scripts I'm unaware of how these changes will affect a game in-progress. Therefore, the safest option is to simple do a clean install for any save that is for an on-going playthrough. Please follow the instructions below for doing a clean save when updating to this new version. This also allows you to experience the new quest and to provide me with some feedback. :) I would also be interested to know if the recreation of the auto loot for the crafting stations fixes the issues with some users losing items after crafting.
Update: Hotfix (v2.0.1) uploaded to resolve issue with the player not being added to the JaggarsfeldFaction upon quest completion. Sorry for any inconvenience! >_<
- Dawnguard DLC
- Hearthfire DLC
- Dragonborn DLC
Supported Mod Managers:
- Nexus Mod Manager - latest stable version only. Alpha builds are not supported.
- Mod Organizer - latest stable version only. Alpha/Beta builds are not supported. This is the recommended mod manager.
- Wrye Bash - latest stable version only.
Users installing Jaggarsfeld for the first time or users creating a new game can simply install the mod and play. Nothing else to it!
Users who already have Jaggarsfeld installed and are updating Jaggarsfeld to v2.0 or greater must complete the following steps!
Users installing an update to version 2.x.x should check the changelog to verify if the following steps need to be performed or not.
CAUTION: Backup your save before continuing!
Completing a save...
1. Load your save game and travel to Jaggarsfeld.
2. Open the console [~] and type in TGM. This allows you unlimited carry weight for the update.
3. Collect EVERYTHING from the Cabin, Exterior, and the Trophy Hall. Don't come complaining that you've lost your items because you didn't do this!
4. Now, leave Jaggarsfeld and travel to any interior outside of Jaggarsfeld worldspace (e.g. Dragonsreach, Riverwood Inn, etc.).
5. Save and exit the game completely.
1. Now uninstall Jaggarfeld using your mod manager.
2. Re-load the save from Step 5 above. Click Yes to the prompt about missing content.
3. Once the save is loaded, save the game again using a new save.
4. Exit the game again. You've save is now clean of most of Jaggarfeld. Continue below to clean the scripts.
Clean the scripts from your saves...
1. Download Save Game Script Cleaner, if you don't already have it.
2. Extract the mod and double-click SaveTool.exe to run it.
3. Click the Open button at the top right of the window.
4. Locate your save from above and click open.
5. In the Scripts textbox at the top left, type in "HCScrollHolder" (without the quotes).
6. In the pane below the textbox, expand the Scripts 1 tree.
7. Select the HCScrollHolder script.
8. Click the "Delete selected" button above the pane.
9. Repeat Steps 5 through 8 above for the remaining scripts listed below:
- QF_HCJaggarsfeld_05088B64 (if present)
10. Now, at the top right of the window, ensure the "Auto backup" checkbox is ticked and click Save.
11. Click Okay to the pop-up and then close the program. Your saves are now clean of the scripts which required resetting.
1. Now install the latest file for Jaggarsfeld.
2. Sort with LOOT, letting it decide the placement.
3. Load your cleaned save from the steps above in "Clean the scripts from your saves...".
4. Open the console [~] and type in TGM. Tap the run button if you're walking slow.
5. Travel to Jaggarsfeld.
6. Complete the quest.
7. Replace all your items to their proper locations.
8. Open the console [~] and type in TGM.
9. Save your game. You've completed the update! Game on!
To uninstall Jaggarsfeld:
- Collect anything you do not want to lose from the Cabin, Exterior, and Trophy Hall.
- Save your game outside of the Jaggarsfeld worldspace (preferably in an interior space).
- Exit the game and remove Jaggarsfeld.
- Reload your save from step 2. Click "yes" to the warning.
- Once loaded, re-save and exit once more.
- Your game is now clean of Jaggarsfeld.
Thank you to Gopher for showcasing our little mod on his channel!
The following are mods we recommend using with Jaggarsfeld.
- BethINI by Vuud/DoubleYou ([url]http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787/?[/url]) - Okay, so this one isn't a mod. It's a tool that will clean up your INIs and make sure there aren't any erroneous edits which could cause issues in the game. You should try it out! If you ask for support, you're going to be asked to run this tool to make sure the issues aren't in your INI files.
- USLEEP by Arthmoor and Team ([url]http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/?[/url]) - If you're not running this, you should be. This fixes hundreds of issues left in by Bethesda.
- Unlimited Bookshelves by da5id2701 (link) - This mod allows you to store a lot more books on the shelves for you collectors.
- Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture by Arrioch (link) - This brings some great freshness to the textures of the Trophy Hall and the textures are excellently done. If you use it also pick up a fix for it here.
- Bethesda for making Skyrim, making it moddable, and providing the tools to do it.
- Nexus for providing the best sharing platform for modders.
- xJACKTHERIPPERx and DarthXile for creating Jaggarsfeld.
- TechAngel85 for continued maintenance and willingness to keep Jaggarsfeld alive.
- kryptopyr and RobinHood for helping track down the answers to the elder scroll display issue.
- Big thanks to Sjogga for the sorting system resource and the claw holder script. It can be found here.
- Windaddict for the tutorial on potion racks
- IsharaMeradin for helping to finally sort out the scripts for the Daedric Display area.
- Finally, a thanks to the community and users who have tried Jaggarsfeld! We're blown away by all the comments and compliments from you guys. Thank you!