Last updated at 4:52, 17 Jul 2016 Uploaded at 19:39, 29 Jul 2013
See installation instructions below to upgrading to v2.0.0.
See installation instructions below to upgrading to v2.0.0.
Welcome everyone! This is Jaggersfeld, a unique player home for the hunters out there which has some awesome features.
Either a strange impulse to explore the mountains southwest of Whiterun or just your adventures lead you to discover a cavern nestled within the mountains. What is this hidden valley? Who owns this cabin? What strange force drew you here? What challenges will you face in order to claim it as your own?
This home comes with a mod compatible sorting system for all your items, as well as, fairly unique crafting stations. Every crafting station in Jaggersfeld does not require you to have the materials in your inventory. As long as they're in the proper chests from the sorting system, the materials will be available for use with their related crafting stations.
We've also added a functional potion display shelf. It's like a bookshelf, but replace the word book with potion, and the word shelf with...shelf.
We have custom decorations in the home made by Oaristys and Tony67 which can be found here as well as rugs made by Insanity, found here.
Oh, we also have bookshelves and a fully functional, 100% wooden framed, authentic Dunmer bed. This cabin has plenty of storage for all your needs and also includes a custom scroll storage shelf.
The valley is also home to an armory that's "not of this world", inspired by our previous house mod, Lair of The Crimson Scar. It was such a popular feature that we decided to bring it back, slap a new coat of paint on it, and build an addition that houses all your favorite Daedric artifacts and trophies from your hunts. We also feature unique displays for your Elder Scrolls, dragon claws, Dragon Priest masks, Black Books, and even a place to put those pesky paragons from the Vale.
CAUTION: When adding items to any of the display areas, don't add and remove items rapidly, as it can cause problems.
We hope you enjoy this house and all of its features, and be sure to have a look around the valley. You never know what the previous occupants may have stashed.
July 16th, 2016
Although this might not seem like a big update on the user side of things, I ensure you this was a fairly large update to the mod behind the scenes. Creating a quest for obtaining Jaggarsfeld involved a massive about of both learning and work. As a result, Van is now much closer to a full-fleged NPC. He is currently not voiced, though. I will be getting him voiced in a future update; however, there are still some things to add to the dialogue before I am ready for that stage. With that said, this initial stage is now complete and you can successfully obtain Jaggarsfeld from Van in a manner than is lore-friendly to the lore surrounding Hircine...which is the original intend of Jaggarsfeld.
On top of the quest, several other smaller things have changed. Most notably is the garden area that has been converted into a player-plantable garden. Other things were corrections to object positions to fix floating flora and objects falling off shelves, and better blending of some of the landscape. See the changelog for all the details.
Finally, I highly recommend a clean install of the mod when updating to this version. I make full effort to attempt to keep the updates as friendly as possible for you all; however, with the addition of the quest and the updating of part of the scripts I'm unaware of how these changes will affect a game in-progress. Therefore, the safest option is to simple do a clean install for any save that is for an on-going playthrough. Please follow the instructions below for doing a clean save when updating to this new version. This also allows you to experience the new quest and to provide me with some feedback. :) I would also be interested to know if the recreation of the auto loot for the crafting stations fixes the issues with some users losing items after crafting.
Update: Hotfix (v2.0.1) uploaded to resolve issue with the player not being added to the JaggarsfeldFaction upon quest completion. Sorry for any inconvenience! >_<
June 5th, 2016
Hotfix version released. I've patched up some holes that it seems no one ever noticed until Darth decided to look up. :P I also took the opportunity to tweak Van's AI a bit. He's no longer a crazed killer killing every animal in sight. He'll now act more like the hunter he is and only "hunt" the prey that come into his range...including you. His attacks will still be as frenzied as before once his prey is within his sights.
Update: So the fix for Van's AI didn't work out. I'll work on setting him up as a proper NPC rather than what he is now. It might take some time, tho. I'm learning some of this as I go. :)
June 4th, 2016
Released another update. Version 1.2 includes all the fixes for the navmeshes which I previous did for Jaggarsfeld Extended, now incorporated into this mod. Floating vertices, cell borders, water marked as such, and general navmesh optimization throughout exterior and interiors. Nothing special to updating this time from v1.1. If you already have v1.1, just download v1.2 and install.
May 14th, 2016
If you're returning because you received notification of an update, welcome back!
I'm TechAngel85. Most will know me from STEP where I am an admin or as the author of the Jaggarsfeld Extended mod. If you haven't caught the news yet, Darth has handed me the reigns to Jaggarsfeld! This means I'll be maintaining Jaggarsfeld for the foreseeable future!
As my first gift to you all, I have update Jaggarsfeld with all the fixes I did in Jaggarsfeld Extended. The only thing I haven't fixed yet are the navmeshes, which I will have to completely redo those fixes by hand. This will be done over time in future updates.
I also opened up the Bug Reports section for everyone to use. Please report any bugs you think you've found so that I may address them. I know it's going to be asked so I'll put it out there here and now...the scripts have not been altered. They are the same as they have always been so if you come across some issues with them, please post a bug report. I'll see what I can do, but no promises.
Well, that is it! Download an enjoy the updated Jaggarsfeld, but be sure to check the installation instructions below for those of you which are upgrading!
- Dawnguard DLC
- Hearthfire DLC
- Dragonborn DLC
Supported Mod Managers:
- Nexus Mod Manager - latest stable version only. Alpha builds are not supported.
- Mod Organizer - latest stable version only. Alpha/Beta builds are not supported. This is the recommended mod manager.
- Wrye Bash - latest stable version only.
Users installing Jaggarsfeld for the first time or users creating a new game can simply install the mod and play. Nothing else to it!
Users who already have Jaggarsfeld installed or are updating Jaggarsfeld to v2.0 must do the following:
CAUTION: Backup your save before continuing!
Completing a save...
1. Load your save game and travel to Jaggarsfeld.
2. Open the console [~] and type in TGM. This allows you unlimited carry weight for the update.
3. Collect EVERYTHING from the Cabin, Exterior, and the Trophy Hall. Don't come complaining that you've lost your items because you didn't do this!
4. Now, leave Jaggarsfeld and travel to any interior outside of Jaggarsfeld worldspace (e.g. Dragonsreach, Riverwood Inn, etc.).
5. Save and exit the game completely.
1. Now uninstall Jaggarfeld using your mod manager.
2. Re-load the save from Step 5 above. Click Yes to the prompt about missing content.
3. Once the save is loaded, save the game again using a new save.
4. Exit the game again. You've save is now clean of most of Jaggarfeld. Continue below to clean the scripts.
Clean the scripts from your saves...
1. Download Save Game Script Cleaner, if you don't already have it.
2. Extract the mod and double-click SaveTool.exe to run it.
3. Click the Open button at the top right of the window.
4. Locate your save from above and click open.
5. In the Scripts textbox at the top left, type in "HCScrollHolder" (without the quotes).
6. In the pane below the textbox, expand the Scripts 1 tree.
7. Select the HCScrollHolder script.
8. Click the "Delete selected" button above the pane.
9. Repeat Steps 5 through 8 above for the remaining scripts listed below:
- QF_HCJaggarsfeld_05088B64 (if present)
10. Now, at the top right of the window, ensure the "Auto backup" checkbox is ticked and click Save.
11. Click Okay to the pop-up and then close the program. Your saves are now clean of the scripts which required resetting.
1. Now install the latest file for Jaggarsfeld.
2. Sort with LOOT, letting it decide the placement.
3. Load your cleaned save from the steps above in "Clean the scripts from your saves...".
4. Open the console [~] and type in TGM. Tap the run button if you're walking slow.
5. Travel to Jaggarsfeld.
6. Complete the quest.
7. Replace all your items to their proper locations.
8. Open the console [~] and type in TGM.
9. Save your game. You've completed the update! Game on!
To uninstall Jaggarsfeld:
- Collect anything you do not want to lose from the Cabin, Exterior, and Trophy Hall.
- Save your game outside of the Jaggarsfeld worldspace (preferably in an interior space).
- Exit the game and remove Jaggarsfeld.
- Reload your save from step 2. Click "yes" to the warning.
- Once loaded, re-save and exit once more.
- Your game is now clean of Jaggarsfeld.
Thank you to Gopher for showcasing our little mod on his channel!
- Bethesda for making Skyrim, making it moddable, and providing the tools to do it.
- Nexus for providing the best sharing platform for modders.
- xJACKTHERIPPERx and DarthXile for creating Jaggarsfeld.
- TechAngel85 for continued maintenance and willingness to keep Jaggarsfeld alive.
- kryptopyr and RobinHood for helping track down the answers to the elder scroll display issue.
- Big thanks to Sjogga for the sorting system resource and the claw holder script. It can be found here.
- Finally, a thanks to the community and users who have tried Jaggarsfeld! We're blown away by all the comments and compliments from you guys. Thank you!