Last updated at 5:29, 22 Mar 2015 Uploaded at 5:12, 5 Jul 2013
Ever see an armor you really liked, but felt it was missing something under it? Are you one of those users who don't like skimpy armor because it exposes too much? This mod may be for you. Modesty Chainmail and Undergarments aims to solve the problem of armors exposing too much skin and not enough armor with a simple texture overlay using Racemenu's new Body Tattoo functionality. You will be able to mixmatch different types of materals that will serve as skin tight undergarments. When done, any armor that exposes the selected parts of the skin will instead be the texture.
Currently. there are three textures that can be used as an under armor: Chainmail, Latex, and Wool. Each come can be used as a full body suit (one tattoo) or in individual pieces. There are individual downloads for UNP, CBBE, and Male body types that make the textures fit better. This mod will feature more textures as it is developed further.
The latex texture is highly dependant on the lighting you use in your Skyrim set up since there is no other texture that tell Skyrim how reflective it is. It is just a solid color that allows light to reflect off of it. This is being looked into.
Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) version 1.6.15 (or newer)
Racemenu by expired6978 (Download optional Overlay Plugin for more textures)
ShowRaceMenu Alternative by Seb263 (for easier constant character editing)
1. Download RaceMenu by expired6978 ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624/ ). Be sure to get the main file and Overlay Plugin.
2. Download zip file from downloads section of this mod.
3. Extract the files to the Skyrim data folder ( C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSkyrim ) or use your mod manager.
4. Verify files were correctly extract to the right location.
How to use
1. Open up Racemenu in console with showracemenu command or use another mod such as ShowRaceMenu Alternative by Seb263.
2. Navigator to the Body tattoo tab (third to the last icon shaped like a person).
3. Select a slot and Press T to go to texture you would like to use.
4. Repeat for each slot you want to use.
5. Go to Glove tattoo tab (second to last shaped like a hand).
6. Repeat step 3 and 4 as needed.
7. Go to Foot tattoo tab (third to last shaped like a foot).
8. Repeat step 3 and 4 as needed.
9. Exit Racemenu and view your results with different equipment.
1. Uncheck ModestyChainmailAndUndergarments.esp from your mod manager.
2. Delete the follow files/folder associated with this mod:
Compatibilities & Incompatibilities
Should be compatible with any and all mods that work with RaceMenu. Textures were made by me and does not replace any files.
-When in certain lighting, textures will not show properly.
Please leave me a PM here if you wish to contact me. It will be the best way to get in contact with me. I am looking for help in developing this mod future since my artisitc and texturing skills are very poor.
Please contact me if you want to use any of my resources! Like I said before, I am looking for help, so I will be willing to allow use if you show interest. Note that the textures are made by me (except the fur,unp and cbbe normals), so please contact me before using.
Bethesda - for making the great sandbox that is Skyrim
expired6978 - for the incredibility awesome mod RaceMenu which makes this possible with his wizardry
Caliente - for the ever awesome CBBE body that is constantly growing and changing (literally)
dimon99 - for the great realistic body mod UNP
Angelica from sharecg - for the fur texture...could not make one that was nearly as good and seamless (http://www.sharecg.com/v/14060/related/6/Texture/long-straight-fur)
If this mod catches on, I will continue to improve it and hopefully get someone who is familiar with textures onboard to help make better options for undergarments. Please check the Posts section to see what I am currently working on.
Plans for future release:
Mods Using This
PI Texture replacer for Modesty Chainmail and Undergarments RaceMenu by PaulImposteur