Last updated at 21:57, 30 Sep 2014 Uploaded at 6:45, 3 Jun 2013
For every great hero, there is a side-kick of equal greatness but less renown.
Batman's Robin. The Lone Ranger's Tonto. Sherlock's Dr. Watson. Aquaman's dolphins. And now, at long last, the Dovahkiin has...
OHNOVAHKIIN, THE NORMALBORN. Also known as Anebriate, the Drunken Paladin. Also known as Annie by those panda cubs back at paladin academy.
Anebriate is a fully-voiced follower with over a hundred unique lines of dialogue created by a writer and game designer and voice-acted with studio-quality recording equipment by a pro. He's a belligerent drunk with one-too-many adventures under his belt, and he's not afraid to give you his informed opinion. Or insult you for no reason. You can find Anebriate in his favorite Tavern, just north of the Riften stables.
This is first official release, but there's still more to come, including a labyrinth, some hobos, and a couple of quests. Also be sure to check the "Book of Pledges" in Larry's Tavern to scope out who made this project possible.
If you want to know more about the Tales of the Drunken Paladin, head here to play the story of his origins:
Ohnovahkiin's (Anebriate's) specs:
- Player level x1.2, minimum level of 5, maximum of 60.
- Custom "Paladin" class, wielding heavy armor, excelling in two-handed swords and restoration magic, competent to a lesser degree with destruction magic (lightning) and blocking.
- Advised for mid-level play, but not completely unbalanced at low or high-level, either.
1. Possible Incompatibilities:
- Any mods that visually affect the forest region north of Riften Stables, where the tavern is located
2. Current Release:
- V.1.2 as of September 30, 2014
* (Greatly enhanced compatibility with other follower-related mods, especially AFT. Fixed a weird issue with the Black Briar Meadery. Balanced Anebriate to be a bit less powerful, with a lower minimum level and level multiplier. Removed his destruction perks and reduced his mana so that he's less dependent on lightning spells than before.)
- Latest release of Skyrim. No expansions necessary.
- Q. Where is Ohnovahkiin?
- A. In Larry's Tavern, just north of the Riften Stables.
- Q. What is "Tales of the Drunken Paladin?"
- A. A free RPG released originally in '09 and worked on continually since then as a side-project. It tells the story of Anebriate, the Drunken Paladin, who eventually found his way to Skyrim and became Ohnovahkiin. You can learn more about that at www.drunkenpaladin.com.
- Q. What else does this mod have?
- A. At this time, very little beyond the follower (which is the mod's primary purpose). In time, it will add a labyrinth, some unscrupulous new vendors (which will be voice-acted), a magical hobo and a couple of small quests requested by the people who helped make this project possible.
- Q. Is this content adult-only?
- A. There is some adult language, but it is not the especially offensive kind, nor is it unsuitable for teens. I do not think it constitutes being an "adult" mod, but likewise, I do not think it is appropriate for children. Skyrim IS rated M, after all.
- Q. Where is the cheese knife?
- A. The Winking Skeever.