Last updated at 17:07, 26 Mar 2016 Uploaded at 13:36, 17 May 2013
Defeat your enemies from afar using more than just spells and arrows with
This mod requires SKSE and SkyUI in order to use all of its features. The links to these files can be found under "Required Files".
This mod adds a whole new style of combat to Skyrim, Throwing Weapons. No longer do you have to rely on only using arrows and spells to engage your opponents at a distance. These include Throwing Axes, Throwing Knives, Javelins and Grenades.
The throwing weapons are simple to use, just aim and throw. Equip them and swing them like any other handheld weapon and the weapon will be thrown towards the target. They can also be dual wielded with both conventional weapons and other throwing weapons.
To get hold of these weapons you can craft them yourself at any forge providing you have the correct smithing perks for the job.
If your impatient then use the the console command 'Help' to find the console codes of the weapons using the following format 'Help "
Each type of throwing weapon is governed by a particular skill, using the weapons will train you in that skill as well.
The Potion Grenades are governed by your Alchemy Skill
The Throwing Axes/Knives/Javelins are governed by your Archery Skill
This mod makes use of MCM and therefore requires SKSE and SkyUI (or SkyUI away). The menu is pretty self explanatory but here is a brief breakdown of the menu system.
General - This menu allows you to turn certain features of the mod on or off. These include the different weapon types and also the quivers. By default they are all set to on. By turning a particular weapon off you will remove it from vendors, loot and the crafting menus. By turning off quivers they will no longer be automatically equipped when you equip a throwing weapon.
Axes - This menu allows you to individually tweak the damage of the axes if they are enabled in the general menu.
Knives - This menu allows you to individually tweak the damage of the knives if they are enabled in the general menu.
Javelins - This menu allows you to individually tweak the damage of the javelins if they are enabled in the general menu.
Grenades - This menu allows you to individually tweak the damage of the grenades if they are enabled in the general menu. The oil and gas trap grenades are not in this menu as they work differently.
Perks - This menu offers an alternative to unlocking perks through the skill tree. If the perk tree plugin is active then this menu will be disabled.
Detailed Weapon List
This is current weapon list. It will be expanded soon.
- Iron Throwing Knife
- Steel Throwing Knife
- Orcish Throwing Knife
- Dwarven Throwing Knife
- Elven Throwing Knife
- Glass Throwing Knife
- Ebony Throwing Knife
- Daedric Throwing Knife
- Dragon Throwing Knife
- Iron Throwing Axe
- Steel Throwing Axe
- Orcish Throwing Axe
- Dwarven Throwing Axe
- Elven Throwing Axe
- Glass Throwing Axe
- Ebony Throwing Axe
- Daedric Throwing Axe
- Dragon Throwing Axe
- Iron Javelin
- Steel Javelin
- Orcish Javelin
- Dwarven Javelin
- Elven Javelin
- Glass Javelin
- Ebony Javelin
- Daedric Javelin
- Dragon Javelin
- Frost Potion Grenade - Causes an explosion of ice with a chance to freeze enemies
- Incendiary Potion Grenade - Causes a large explosion of fire
- Poison Potion Grenade - Poisons enemies caught in its blast range, slowly sapping there health over several seconds.
- Gas Trap Potion Grenade - Leaves a cloud of explosive gas behind when used, can be ignited with fire.
- Oil Trap Potion Grenade - Leaves a puddle of explosive liquid behind when used, can be ignited with fire.
- Flame Potion Grenade - Splashes the are area with burning liquid
- Fragmentation Grenade - High damage explosive
- Shock Grenade - Causes a blast of lightning which damages health and drains magicka
- Stun Grenade - A non-lethal grenade which emits a blinding light which staggers those caught in its radius
- Throwing Torch - Use to light up distant places
The perks below are all available in the main file. If you want to use them in the perk trees you must download the perk tree plugin file also.
An alternative to using the perk trees is to add them via the MCM perk menu. Each of the perks has a skill level requirement and also requires a number of hits with that particular weapon. These requirements can be found below.
Archery Perks - Axes
- Balanced Axes - 3 Rank(s) - Each level reduces the amount of stamina used for power attacks Requires - Archery Lvl: 30/60/90 Hits: 150/300/450
- Force Throw - 1 Rank(s) - Power attacks cause stagger Requires - Archery Lvl: 50 Hits: 450 Perk: Balanced Axes Rank 1
Archery Perks - Javelins
- Impede - 3 Rank(s) - Each rank increases the chance to slow an enemy when hit Requires - Archery Lvl: 30/60/90 Hits: 150/300/450
- Impale - 1 Rank(s) - Chance to cause knock enemies down Requires - Archery Lvl: 50 Hits: 450 Perk: Impede Rank 1
Archery Perks - Knives
- Piercing Wounds - 3 Rank(s) - Adds bleed damage, each rank increases the length of bleed time. Requires - Archery Lvl: 30/60/90 Hits: 150/300/450
- Paired Blades - 1 Rank(s) - Throw two knives at a time. Requires - Archery Lvl: 50 Hits: 450 Perk: Piercing Wounds Rank 1
Alchemy Perks - Grenades
- Chain Reaction - 3 Rank(s) - Each rank increases the chance to cause a second explosion. Requires - Alchemy Lvl: 30/60/90 Hits: 75/150/225
- Shell Shock - 1 Rank(s) - Chance to cause fear in enemies caught in the blast Requires - Alchemy Lvl: 50 Hits: 225 Perk: Chain Reaction Rank 1
Download and install SKSE and SkyUI (or SkyUI away)
Download and install the Throwing Weapons main file.
Step 3: (Optional)
Download and install the Throwing Weapons Perk trees plugin
Step 4: Use the MCM menu to configure tailor the mod to your own preferences.
Thanks to PrivateEye for use of his hatchet and short spear models. You can find his Heavy Armory mod that they came from HERE