Last updated at 19:23, 7 Sep 2013 Uploaded at 5:32, 6 May 2013
Brodual was kind enough to post a video review! Thanks!
A very small mod that lets you know when you are near the borders of a hold.
Versión en español aquí! Todos Aegeons granizo!
Requested by daventry, may his castle never end up in a bottle.
Request thread: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/832148-landscape-ouline/?p=6667902&fromsearch=1#entry6667902
1.3 Updated Release - Bounty notifications added!
This mod notifies you when you are getting close the border of a hold, and again when you actually cross that border. Optionally notifies you of any bounty you may have in the hold you have entered.
A note on accuracy
This mod relies on the Bethesda-provided location identifiers being accurate. Some of them aren't, and I'm fixing them as I go.
If you encounter an obviously wrong location notification, please let me know by posting! I can't fix it if I don't know about it. You should post:
Fixed misidentified Bethesda-provided locations that were causing inaccurate notifications:
* Wilderness cell 1,-15 (SW of Riverwood near Embershard Mine) belonged to PurewaterRunLocation, changed it to None. This was pretty clearly a mistake.
* HillgrundsTombLocation belonged to PaleHoldLocation, changed it to WhiterunHoldLocation. Hillgrund's Tomb is pretty clearly WAY south of the Pale, and it was triggering bogus notifications when crossing the Eastmarch/Whiterun border.
* SnaplegCaveLocation belonged to EastmarchHoldLocation, changed it to RiftHoldLocation. This one is a border case (yeah yeah) but since it's between two locations that are definitely in the Rift and it's at a much higher elevation than Eastmarch, I'm calling it the Rift.
Fixed a bug where a bounty notification would be displayed even if your bounty was 0.
Special thanks to Kirilov13 here at the Nexus and SJR on Steam for pointing out the bad locations!
Added optional bounty notifications (on by default).
Several different levels of notifications have been added.
* Immersive (Default) - Tells you not only which hold you are nearing/entering, but how the player knows that (landmarks, weather, smells, vegetation, etc).
* Detailed - Tells you what hold you're in, and what hold you just left. Optionally, tells you which direction the border is from your location.
* Basic - Minimalist notifications that tell you what hold you just entered, nothing more. When border proximity notifications are disabled, this behaves almost exactly like Oblivion's location system.
Added the ability to turn off border proximity notifications, so you are only notified when you actually cross a border.
Completely rewrote much of the location detection script to be a bit more reliable, and infinitely easier to manage from a coding standpoint.
This mod monitor's the player's location and compares it to all loaded hold locations. DOES NOT require SKSE to run, but requires SkyUI/MCM (and therefore SKSE) to use the settings page.
This mod uses the SkyUI MCM. Options are available to turn on directional notifications and
disable notification sound effects.
Unless a mod alters or destroys the vanilla Hold Locations, it should be fine.
Only works in Tamriel. Doesn't break elsewhere, just doesn't work.
Known Issues or Bugs
Sometimes the detection will be a bit off. This due to how the game keeps track of location data. Since most wilderness cells do not have a parent location, the script tries to guess where you are by looking at nearby named locations. Usually this works fine, but sometimes a location is miscategorized, which will result in the wrong hold being displayed. I have fixed this where I've found it: please report any incorrect locations and include a screenshot of your map location!
* Alert you when a nearby NPC reports to a Hold other than the one you're in. This is actually implemented already but disabled due to a bug.
* Add support for Dragonborn/Solstheim
* Possibly use SkyUI Widgets for notifications or bounty tracking
* Possibly improve detection of player's location.
Sources are included.
1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Skyrim's Data folder.
2. Start Skyrim, click Data Files, and enable the BorderSense.esp file.
Or simply use Nexus Mod Manager.
1. Start Skyrim Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the BorderSense.esp file.
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
Or just use Nexus Mod Manager.
Just overwrite everything, no problem.
1.31, 2013/05/19 – Minor bugfixes. Changed several Locations to more accurately reflect their... well, location.
1.30, 2013/05/13 – Added Bounty notifications.
1.20, 2013/05/12 – Added Immersive & Basic notifications. See What's New and the Changelog. Initial Steam release.
1.10, 2013/05/06 – Made notification sounds more audible.
1.01, 2013/05/05 – Yeah, I forgot the ESP. Go me.
1.00, 2013/05/05 – Initial beta release to Nexus.