Last updated at 18:36, 7 Jul 2014 Uploaded at 3:41, 23 Mar 2013
Agent of Righteous Might (ARM) is a fully-voiced and lore-friendly quest mod for TES5: Skyrim. ARM offers player a new opportunity to get involve in the service of Stendarr, the God of Righteous Might and Merciful Forbearance. The player will be given a series of high risk missions to bring down a cult who once doomed the world of Tamriel at the end of 3rd era.
The mod is built with high compatibility in mind --- during the 10 months of development period, only 2 interior cells and 4 exterior blocks have been altered from Skyrim.esm. Check with TES5Edit if you are in doubt. (Not a single record of Error/Circulator Leveled List reported from TES5Edit 3.0.29)
Since the beginning of the 4th era, holy knights and brave warriors have united under the banner of Stendarr to eradicate the enemies of the Nine --- calling themselves Vigilants of Stendarr. The Vigilants uphold the will of the Nine by slaying any and all who show disregard for life and mercy.
Many decades ago, prior to the event of Skyrim, an old imperial veteran named Nirtius Pontanian and his five shield brothers joined the Vigilants and engaged in the most dangerous missions. They raided encampments of witches, cleared caverns inhabited by necromancers, and purified fortresses crawling with werewolves and daedras.
It wasn't long before Nirtius saw that battling these foes resulted in large numbers of casualties amongst his comrades. It seemed to him there was a better way to carry out the mission. Instead of full-on combat he would disguise himself, infiltrate the enemy --- and then destroy them from within. Quickly. Quietly. Safely.
Nirtius, his shield brothers, and those others who trusted him left the Vigilants of Stendarr and founded their own faction, calling themselves the Agents of Righteous Might. Since then, the Agents have successfully used their tactics to infiltrate and destroy numerous unholy factions while suffering the rare casualty within their band of followers.
However, not everything has gone as Nirtius expected. A particularly critical mission against a remnant of the Mythic Dawn went disastrously, resulting in the mortal injury of his most trusted shield brother. Since then Nirtius regularly plots missions to infiltrate the Mythic Dawn but has yet to taste success.
Notwithstanding that he has, nevertheless, come to learn two important facts:
These remnants of the Mythic Dawn are not ordinary daedra worshipers like the ones he had hunted in the past. They are much more organized and disciplined. And, to make matters worse, it also just so happens there is a traitor among the Agents.
Nirtius has started looking for an outsider --- someone with the skill of an assassin and the heart of a martyr...
Youtube: Nirtius's Introduction
What to Expect
- Epic adventure requiring both exceptional skill and will to sacrifice.
- Approximately 3-5 game play hours involving a role of an undercover agent. (16 new quests)
- 5 new dungeons with challenging enemies.
- Over 25 new fully voiced NPCs including merchants and trainers.
- Fair amount of (definitely-not-overpowered) loots.
- 6 new unique reward perks/abilities that can be earned throughout the quests in this mod.
- The returning faction from TES4: Oblivion --- The Mythic Dawn, with a populated underground fortress.
Manual Installation / Uninstallation
- Download the mod. The file should have name "ARM 18.104.22.168z".
- Unzip and extract the downloaded file using unzip software such as 7z. WinZip, or WinRar.
- Copy both AgentOfRighteousMight.esp and AgentOfRighteousMight.BSA files into
- Also, copy the 2 included folders (Meshes and Textures) into the same directory
- When the game launches, check AgentOfRighteousMight in launcher's Data File menu.
- Play the game :)
- Play the game and make a save file where player is not in any of the ARM location.
- Make a save file.
- Go to .../steamapp/skyrim/data/ folder and delete AgentOfRighteousMight.esp and AgentOfRighteousMight.BSA
- Also delete AgentOfRighteousMight.esp folder in both
- TES5: Skyrim with its latest update (1.9 is the official version as of today).
#Version 1.1.0 (6/14/2013)
- The compiled script source codes are now included in separate /script folder.
- Fixed the bug that forced the main quest to fail when attacking Arethans in Paradise.
- Domas and Tarene moves toward to Xarxes at much faster speed during MQ04.
- Disabled the floating trees/leaves outside of Temple of Stendarr.
- NPCs in Mythic Dawn Library no longer break the main quest when Cocius's magic anomalies go hostile.
- Fixed the bug that prevented player to report Nirtius about Hawker's death.
#Version 1.0.9 (4/1/2013)
- Recreated BSA without compressing archive.
- This version forces certain main quest to start at the end of each quest's previous end stage.
#Version 1.0.8 (3/31/2013)
- Player cannot get exposed while roaming the paradise.
- Player can leave the Heretic tower as long as he/she has the Xarxes.
#Version 1.0.7 (3/31/2013)
- Optimized scripts on essential NPCs.
- Fixed the bug that made Cocius die instantly when starting "Covert Action Part II".
- Nerfed the quality of loots: Daedric, Ebony, Glass, and Orcish loots are replaced by Iron and Steel loots.
- Nerfed the stackable melee damage with Hawker's armor set.
#Version 1.0.6 (3/30/2013)
- Player does not get exposed when Vaden and his bodyguards attack other enemies.
- Adjusted the light setting in the fuel depository.
- Player can access "My Journal" after Urzob is dead in MQ03.
#Version 1.0.5 (3/29/2013)
- Fixed the bug that made Volemu to go hostile on player.
- Set Volemu's default level to 1.
#Version 1.0.4 (3/28/2013)
- Improved the voice file qualities for Nirtius and Waylas.
- Fixed the bug that made Salms keep following player isntead of heading toward to MD hideout.
- Added acoustics sound effects to each interior cell.
- Ma'Dato now sells 3 Daedra Hearts in the beginning.
- Added Extra Inkwells in player's dormitory room.
#Version 1.0.3 (3/24/2013)
- Replaced the message popping up saying "The quest has failed" during the last quest.
- Expanded the list of items Waylas Hawker can give in exchange for a bottle of Skooma.
#Version 1.0.2 (3/23/2013)
- Included minor spelling fixes.
#Version 1.0.1 (3/22/2013)
- Added missing files into BSA archive.
- Fixed the bug that kept failing the quest "Infiltration" when Salms attacks any hostile NPCs.
#Version 1.0.0 (3/21/2013)
- Initial Release.
Mod Team Members
- Kyung-Bum Lee (Dree74) - Mod Author
- Chris Gaughf (Aranas) - Sound Editing and Assistance
- Keagan Bryson - Warden Speech and Journals
- Matthew Wade (Lomekian) - Dalamus Arethan, Vaden Arethan, Domas, Snadmund and the Guard Captain.
- Chris Gaughf (Aranas) - Fedave Arethan, Ma'Dato, Grand Apostate, Sabinuni and Volemu Camoran
- Ben Britton - Gaban Aurielle, Garcol and the Warden
- Ed Waldorph (Ed) - Nirtius Pontanian
- Kliban Katz - Helanu Arethan
- Chris Wielink (Sheogorath19) - Lorbul Bogadb and Salms Arethan
- Elijah Lucian - Irbrand Bienne
- Reed Scholz - Walyas Hawker
- Lynn Kay - Tarene
- Martin M (NextMastermind) - Oranius the Chef
- Brendan Leigh (Soulstealers) - Vigilant Leader
- Ethan Kellogg - Messenger
- Lila Paws (Ellen) - Oleeme
- Hanaises - Oblivion Gate and Clutter Meshes/Textures
- Creation Kit by Bethesda Softwork
- TES5: Skyrim by Bethesda Softwork
- 3DS Max 2011 by Autodesk
- Photoshop CS 2 by Adobe
- NifSkope 1.1.0 by NifTools
- Audacity by Audacity 2.0.3 Development Team
- Skyrim Audio Converter by JohnB
- NPC Name Generator by Tamriel Rebuilt Teamer)
- TES5Edit 3.0.29 EXPERIMENTAL by ElminsterAU