Last updated at 16:05, 24 Jun 2016 Uploaded at 16:49, 21 Mar 2013
Caranthir Tower is a mod inspired by the official plug-in for The Elder Scrolls Oblivion called Frostcrag Spire. The plug-in added a wizards tower just outside of the city called Bruma, which the player had inherited from a long lost relative. Caranthir Tower was created to bring a wizards tower into the world of Skyrim, as it seems to be one of the things missing from the vanilla game. Upon entering Caranthir Tower, you will notice that much like Frostcrag Spire, it is an empty husk which you will be required to slowly fill as you play through the mod. You will first restore the tower to its former glory, and then you will have the ability to recruit members and access many of the towers great features.
No DLC is required to use this mod, however I do recommend that you have the latest version of Skyrim running on your machine. The mod will look at its best while using the Realistic Lighting Overhaul mod by Sydney666.
- Massive player real estate with plenty of storage
- Restore the tower from rubble back to its former glory
- Customizable decoration including statues
- Over 40 new spell tomes
- New staves and the ability to craft existing ones (Vanilla game only)
- The ability to recharge staves (This mod and vanilla game only)
- Hire your own staff including merchants and a personal bard
- Hire Guardians to keep watch over your tower, including a dragon for the balcony
- New followers all with their own unique abilities, including the ability not to set off traps
- Conjuration Altar for creating animal followers including Spriggans & a Wispmother
- Portals to major cities in Skyrim
Caranthir Tower can be seen from anywhere in Skyrim with a clear view of the Winterhold area. To gain access to the tower you must first gain entry to the College of Winterhold and it is best that you become the Arch-Mage, however it is NOT a requirement. You need to make your way into the Arch-Mage quarters and find a strongbox on the table oposite the bed at the back of the room. Once you open the strongbox and retrieve the key and deed, you will be able to read the deed which will show the tower's location on your map. You are now free to head over to the tower and use the key you received to gain entry.
To install the mod without the Nexus Mod Manager, download the file and use some archive software like WinRAR or 7zip. Next you will need to unzip the folder and follow the folder structure though until you get the Data folder. Drag and drop the Data folder into your Skyrim directory and let the process overwrite any files or folders it wants. Now make sure the mod's esp is ticked in your load order through the launcher you use for Skyrim, and you're good to go. If you have NMM, it is recommended you use it to install the mod rather than doing it manually.
If you wish to send me a long detailed bug report or anything like a full TESEDIT error log, then please be sure not to post it in the comments as you will clutter the page with content others do not wish to see. Send the bug report via PM on the Nexus forums or use my websites contact form. Only I need read bug reports so I can fix the issues. Thank You.