- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
- img 25 loading...
- img 26 loading...
- img 27 loading...
- img 28 loading...
- img 29 loading...
- img 30 loading...
- img 31 loading...
- img 32 loading...
- img 33 loading...
- img 34 loading...
- img 35 loading...
- img 36 loading...
Last updated at 9:07, 11 Dec 2014 Uploaded at 15:19, 20 Dec 2012
Since I started modding the first time ever with my 'Ultimate HD Torch' mod, I am infected! After retexturing the fire effects of the torch, I thought it would be nice to have better fire textures for the whole game. So here is the next step getting better fire textures in Skyrim:
The Ultimate HD Fire Effects!
If you recognize a "missing texture", bugs or you simply have suggested improvements feel free to contact me or just leave a message in the comments!
- Built the whole mod from scratch including 23 textures & 5 meshes!
- Improved smoke for fires caused by magic spells (replacing the ugly vanilla smoke loop!)
- Increased the resolution up to 4K-8K, depending on the vanilla texture resolution.
- The new files include improved textures for sparks!
- Deleted vaportile01.dds because it didn't make sense to scale it up!
- Built the candle flame with a real photo for a more realistic and sharper look (512x512px).
- Low and Medium Resolution files uploaded (rescaled textures based on the Ultra Version)
- Deleted the SMIM compatible patch. You don't need it anymore. Simply install the actual SMIM version and overwrite conflicting files.
- Edited the three included meshes for compatibility with "Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB" by mindflux which you can get here!
- Added optional 'SMIM 1.38' compatible campfire meshes! Thanks to Brumbek!
- Updated the low-res package for v1.81
- Fixed the pixelated campfires and, for example, the main fire in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun by retexturing fxfirecolumnanimloop.dds into an extra file (reduced the framecount/pictures of the loop for higher resolution)!
- Added two edited campfire meshes to get the retextured fxfirecolumnanimloop02.dds working properly!
- Updated the low-res package for v1.8
- Retextured magicicewisps.dds for a much better look (texture is also used for frost spells!)
- Retextured fxfirescrolltile02.dds & added completely new fxfireatlas02.dds for greatly improved body fires!
- Updated the low-res package for v1.7
- Reworked the whole project again, using different textures for some effects.
- Alpha Channels have been adjusted for some texture files.
- Added a low-res version of the mod. Only use it, if you have a very old machine...it improves the vanilla game, but compared to the hi-res version it doesn't look good at all!
- To fix the flickering issue of the old versions I used edited .nif files to do a workaround. The fires didn't flicker anymore but the burning animation looked bad compared to the actual version. The old meshes made the fire effects look kind of stuttering/not very fluently burning. So I did the complete rework of the textures. The mod doesn't need the old .nif files anymore and looks great!
Thanks and kudos to Brodual for presenting this video on youtube!!
Simply unzip the Main Files or Optional Files into your Data Folder.
If you are updating from a previous version please delete the following meshes:
Delete the following files from...
Here is a list of my Project ENB & CoT settings, just for those, who want real looking fires instead of oversaturated high contrast fires!
- ENB Series v0.119
- Project ENB Final Edition for Climates Of Tamriel v3_1 (April 3rd 2013!)
- Project ENB - Custom SweetFX Injector Mix for Realistic Preset (April 5th 2013!)
- Climates Of Tamriel - V3-1 (April 11th 2013!) INSTALL:
- Project ENB using the installation instructions on the modpage (install performance options as you like)
- Custom SweetFX Injector Mix for Realistic Preset, by unpacking the files into your /Skyrim folder (overwrite when asked)
- Climates of Tamriel (install via NMM / FOMOD)
- Choose - Dungeons Hardcore, Interiors Cold and the vanilla nights level of your choice
- Take your time to follow the installation instructions on the "Project ENB" and "CoT" mod pages step by step! Your fire effects should now look like the ones from my screenshots...
- If you use 'Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB' install it first and then install my mod overwriting all conflicting files.
- Some users reported a problem concerning thin black lines around the fire effects (fire magic, campfires etc.). It is a problem from the vanilla game and there is nothing I can do about it. You have to change Anti Aliasing to 4x or less to fix it or switch to Sweet FX and use SMAA instead.
- If you have orange/red fires which seem to be oversaturated make sure you didn't change gradients files in the /data/textures/effects/gradients folder. Only use vanilla gradients with this mod for best visual fire experience! Some mods change the gradients which are responsible for the color palette of effects, and make them much more saturated.
Climates of Tamriel
SMIM - Static Mesh Improvement Mod
New Animation for Magic Casting
Deadly Spell Impacts
Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB
I highly recommend the use of Project ENB, which is the best looking ENB on the Nexus in my opinion.
- My special thanks go to 'Obsidian Dawn', the artist who made the brush sets I downloaded for creating the new Fire Rune style! Thank you very much for these superb brushes!!!
- Thanks to Brumbek for allowing me to edit his campfire meshes for doing a SMIM compatible mesh version!
- Thanks to mindflux, the creator of 'Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB' for his great work!