Last updated at 21:21, 17 Jan 2015 Uploaded at 1:41, 6 Dec 2012
*** Falskaar Support Added ***
*** Optional Full Level Scaling Version Added ***
*** Added an Optional File to Scale Ilusion, Raise Dead, Summon and Other Spells so They Don't Lose Effectiveness in High-Level Play. ***
- Adds 874 new enemies starting at level 10 to Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Falskaar!
- Now includes an optional version with full level scaling so all enemies (even Vanilla enemies) will scale to your level!
- Each of Skyrim's main enemy types are covered including Bandits, Draugr, Dragon Priests, Falmer, Forsworn, Thalmor, Dwarven Constructs, Vampires, Warlocks, Trolls, Chaurus, Spriggans, Hagravens, Spiders, Skeletons, Witches, Ice Wraiths, Mammoths, Dremora and Wild Animals!
- Each of Dawnguard's main enemy types are covered including Vampires, Vampire Hunters, Falmer, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls, Death Hounds and Chaurus Hunters!
- Dragonborn Cultists, Rieklings, Ash Spawn, and Dragonborn Bandits Included!
- For each enemy type the highest level variant scales with player level so the game doesn't get too easy!
- Countless hours were spent customizing the Stats, Skills, Perks, Spells, Damage Done and Armor Rating of each added creature to ensure that the difficulty stays consistent as the player levels!
- The scaling is non-linear and takes into account that high level players invest in at least 1 crafting skill (Smithing, Enchanting or Alchemy).
- Includes an optional file that increases difficulty at all levels.
- Includes an optional file that increases armor cap to 90% and max magic resist to 90% encouraging high-level play.
- Includes an optional file that scales Illusion, Raise Dead, Summons, Turn Undead Spells and Werewolf Howl so they are still viable in high-level play.
High Level Enemies Russian (Warning: Link Leads Away from Skyrim Nexus)
High Level Enemies German by ww13
There are a number of great mods available that effect creature level and scaling. Some make the game harder at low levels and some harder at high levels but in each case there are difficulty spikes. Mods that delevel creatures usually render the game very difficult at low levels but easy at high levels. Mods that introduce level scaling don't properly account for the fact that the player's growth is non-linear so the game gets easy at high levels. Finally, mods that add high level creatures do a good job keeping the difficulty up at higher levels but still get easy when the player outlevels the added creatures.
High Level Enemies is designed to bring the best features of these different leveling systems together. It adds high level enemies as well as level scaling and at each step the enemy stats, perks, spells, damage done and armor rating were tweaked through rigorous testing to make sure the difficulty remains steady at high levels.
Don't hesitate to give feedback. Please endorse if you enjoy! It will help others find this more easily!
Thanks for you donations and endorsements they're appreciated!
High Level Enemies
This mod adds new enemies starting at level 10 for almost all of Skyrim's enemy types. New variants are added for Bandits, Forsworn, Draugr, Falmer, Warlocks, Dragon Priests and more (see the details section for a full list). The stats, skills, perks, spells, damage dealt and damage mitigated of each variant were adjusted to keep enemies in line with the player's natural progression so that the game continues to provide a challenge at higher levels.
To give an example of what's been added, in Vanilla the highest level bandit was level 25 (28 for a boss). This mod adds bandits at levels 30, 40, 50 and 60 (66 for a boss). However, once you pass lvl 60 the game won't suddenly get easy. The top level enemies of each type will scale with your level. This means you'll still get the same variety of enemies you expect from Skyrim but you'll never outlevel everything ensuring the game remains challenging.
So for example at level 70 you'll encounter the usual bandits from Skyrim as well as the added level 30, 40 and 50 bandits, but the highest level bandit (originally level 60) will scale to match you at level 70.
Includes all the enemies added in High Level Enemies - Main and scales every enemy to your level. This includes the original Skyrim enemies as well as the ones added by High Level Enemies!
*** Install High Level Enemies - Main OR High Level Enemies - Main Scaled ***
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard
Adds new enemies starting at level 10 for almost all of Dawnguard's enemy types including Vampires, Vampire Hunters, Falmer, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls and Chaurus Hunters (see the details section for a full list). The stats, skills, perks, spells, damage dealt and damage mitigated of each variant were adjusted to keep enemies in line with the player's natural progression so that the game continues to provide a challenge at higher levels. The top level enemies of each type will scale with your level.
Includes all the enemies added in High Level Enemies - Dawnguard and scales every Dawnguard enemy to your level. This includes the original Dawnguard enemies as well the ones added by High Level Enemies!
*** Install High Level Enemies - Dawnguard OR High Level Enemies - Dawnguard Scaled ***
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn
Adds new enemies starting at level 10 for Cultists, Rieklings, Ash Spawn and Dragonborn Bandits. The stats, skills, perks, spells, damage dealt and damage mitigated of each variant were adjusted to keep enemies in line with the player's natural progression so that the game continues to provide a challenge at higher levels. The top level enemies of each type will scale with your level.
Includes all the enemies added in High Level Enemies - Dragonborn and scales every Dragonborn enemy to your level. This includes the original Dragonborn enemies as well the ones added by High Level Enemies!
High Level Enemies - Falskaar
Adds new enemies to Falskaar. Only new Bandits and Necromancers are added since all other enemies from the High Level Enemies Main file are compatible with Falskaar. The stats, skills, perks, spells, damage dealt and damage mitigated of each variant were adjusted to keep enemies in line with the player's natural progression so that the game continues to provide a challenge at higher levels. The top level enemies of each type will scale with your level.
Includes all the enemies added in High Level Enemies - Falskaar and scales every Falskaar enemy to your level. This includes the original Falskaar enemies as well the ones added by High Level Enemies!
Increased Max Resists
Most high level players hit the armor and magic resist caps. This removes the incentive to keep leveling since you feel you can't get any stronger. Since High Level Enemies is for high level play and adds more challenging enemies the player should also have the chance to keep getting stronger. With this in mind this optional file:
- Increases the armor cap from 80% to 90% but you have to work for it! Hitting the armor cap now requires an armor rating of 1000. Since Skyrim gives you a hidden 25 armor rating bonus for each equipped piece of armor (helm, chest, gauntlets and greaves) this means you need 900 armor rating when wearing full armor.
- Increases the maximum magic resistance from 85% to 90%.
This file increases the challenge at all levels by raising the average level of encountered enemies. This was done since the average enemy in Skyrim is lower level than the player. Difficulty settings have also been rescaled:
Player Damage Done.........100%.........75%.........50%.........33%.........25%.........20%
Enemy Damage Done.........100%........150%........200%.......300%.......400%.......500%
Raised Ability Caps
One of the biggest problems with high-level play is that some spells become unuseable. Illusion spells, raise dead, summons, turn undead and werewolf howl (fear effect) only work on enemies up to a certain level (even with dual casting). This optional mod scales these spells to work on higher level enemies.
- The scaling only starts at high levels so this will not effect low-level play at all.
- Compatible with all Perk and Spell mods.
- Turn Undead spells will start scaling at level 35.
- Illusion spells will start scaling at level 40.
- Raise Dead and Atronach Thrall spells will start scaling at level 40.
- New Dremora Lords will replace the Vanilla Lord at level 56 and 66. The level 66 version scales with player level.
- Werewolf Howl starts scaling at level 25.
New Enemies Added:
- 199 Bandits
- 104 Draugr
- 60 Witches
- 24 Forsworn
- 20 Warlocks (Necromancers, Conjurers, Pyromancers, Cryomancers and Electromancers)
- 20 Thalmor
- 18 Skeletons
- 13 Falmer
- 10 Dragon priests
- 10 Vampires
- 9 Dwarven Constructs
- 6 Dremora
- 6 Spiders
- 6 Mudcrabs
- 4 Ice Wraiths
- 4 Hagravens
- 4 Skeevers
- 3 Atronachs
- 3 Giants
- 3 Mammoths
- 2 Chaurus
- 2 Trolls
- 2 Spriggans
- 2 Bears
- 2 Saber Cats
- 2 Wolves
- 28 Vampire Hunters
- 13 Vampires
- 12 Death Hounds
- 6 Falmer
- 2 Gargoyles
- 2 Armored Trolls
- 2 Chaurus Hunters
- 88 Dragonborn Bandits
- 28 Rieklings
- 21 Draugr Hulks
- 12 Cultists
- 6 Ash Spawn
- 2 Seekers
- 1 Lurker
- 136 Falskaar Bandits
- 6 Necromancers
None of the enemies in Vanilla Skyrim have been changed in the unscaled version! Only new enemies were added. The new enemy names are consistent with the naming convention in Skyrim.Bandits may now carry glass weapons but their armor has not changed.
Compatible with most mods including anything that effects companions, perks, weapons and armor, the UI or the environment.Here is a short list of recommended compatible mods (presented in primary colors!):Ace - Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10037)
- A well balanced perk and skill tree overhaul.
- Modular so you can pick and choose which modified skill trees to play with.
- Lets you edit a lot of game settings from in game menus.
- Adds perks, spells, potions, improved AI and customizable spawn levels to the game AND to the NPCs added by High Level Enemies.
- This mod and High Level Enemies complement each other very well!
- Run the Asis patcher after installing High Level Enemies.
- Redesigns each race changing starting skills and abilities.
- Lets you pick or define your own class and respec any time you want.
- Each class has favorite skills that level at a slightly increased rate (similar to the Oblivion leveling system).
- Adds a huge variety of new dragons to the game, everything from undead to magma dragons.
- New dragons are more challenging and have a vast array of new spells and attacks.
- Makes combat more challenging and rewarding.
- Improves enemy AI and even lets them use team tactics against you.
- Revamps stamina usage and stagger chance.
- Changes just about everything in the game.
- Is highly modular so you can pick and choose changes you want to use.
- Adds dozens of new and original creature types to the game greatly increasing encounter variety.
- Versions 5.1 and up are designed to work well with High Level Enemies.
- Requires a bashed patch for full compatibility (Relev tag).
- Completely redesigns the perk system.
- Adds perks with high skill requirements (over 100) encouraging high level play making this ideal for use with High Level Enemies.
- Redesigns Races, Standing Stones, Enemy AI and more.
- The unscaled version of HLE is compatible with SkyRe Module 6 (enemy scaling module) with a bashed patch (Relev tag).
- The scaled version of HLE isn't compatible with SkyRe Module 6 (they do the same thing so you shouldn't need HLE and Module 6 anyway).
- If any mod encourages high level gameplay it's Elys' Uncapper.
- Lets you raise maximum skill levels and customize progression rates for each skill separately.
- You can also customize the rate at which each skill contributes to your overall level.
Q. Some enemies are frozen or naked and don't move properly.
A. This is a bug that's been reported in Skyrim since at least patch 1.6 (before HLE came out). It seems to happen when animations aren't properly loaded when the player enters a cell. In some cases temporarily removing animation mods has fixed the problem. Otherwise reverting to an earlier save can help. Here are some links to topic discussing the problem:
Q. At what level will I start seeing the new creatures?
A. New enemies will start showing up at level 10. After that more and more will show up as you reach higher levels.
Q. What is the highest level enemy added by this mod?
A. The Dawnguard Vampire Boss at lvl 75. However, level scaling was added so that the player can never out level the highest tier enemies. These will have the best perks and spells (just like the player at this point) and will continue to provide a chalenge.
Q. Why add bandits at lvl 30 40, 50, 60 and then autolevel the level 60 bandit instead of simply making 1 bandit and autoleveling it?
A. This allows enemies at each level to be tweaked individually allowing for a more consistent difficulty throughout the game. Also it adds variety to the game. If you only make 1 then all the enemies in the game will have generic names like "Bandit", "Draugr" and Vampire". I think it adds to the gameplay experience when you run into a cave and fight a group with a "Bandit Highwayman" "Bandit Plunderer" and "Bandit Conqueror" in it.
Q. How do I use Wrye Bash and what tags do I need to add?
A. Add -Relev tags to "High Level Enemies.esp", "High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp" and "High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp". You shouldn`t need -Delev tags. To use Wrye Bash follow this guide by Demonasius:
Skyrim Bashed Patch Pictorial Guide by Demonasius
For NMM Versions
1. Download High Level Enemies Installer and follow the instructions.
- Download High Level Enemies Installer.
- Unzip and copy the contents of "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\00 Main" or "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\00 Main Scaled" to your Skyrim\data folder.
- Copy the contents of "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\00 Bsa" to your Skyrim\data folder.
- Skip to step 7 is you don't have Dawnguard. Copy the contents of "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\01 Dawnguard" or "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\01 Dawnguard Scaled" to your Skyrim\data folder.
- Copy the contents of "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\01 Bsa" to your Skyrim\data folder.
- Make sure Dawnguard file is loaded after the Main file in load order.
- Skip to step 10 if you don't have Dragonborn. Copy the contents of "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\02 Dragonborn" or "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\02 Dragonborn Scaled" to your Skyrim\data folder.
- Copy the contents of "High Level Enemies Installer\HLE\02 Bsa" to your Skyrim\data folder.
- Check the added files in your Skyrim Launcher.
I'm open to suggestions.
QUOTEAbsolutely outstanding mod you created here. I finally loaded up the scaled version and this is easily the finest High Level mod out there. The normal version would be nice for normal play, but for a level 80 toon with some nice weapon and armor mods, the scaling version is the best. Every enemy will give some degree of a fight.
Thanks for the hard work on this mod and thanks for posting it for all to enjoy. - Kodiak412
QUOTEHi Dalquist. I use this mod +(Hardcore) with Skyre, without Skyre's enemy scaling module. The game becomes perfectly interesting, more intense, and character builds do matter! Now I have to kite enemies, as they tend to flank and archers shoot me from behind.
Thanks. Kudos for you :) - JimmyDalton
QUOTEOh THANK YOU. This is exactly the mod I was looking for. I only needed to clear one hole of bandits to tell that this is just perfect for me, and to rush here to endorse (which I can't do yet, I just realized!). I'm running deadly combat as well, which was doing a great job of keeping fights fun for the first 30 or so levels. But then the difficulty started to drop, and I found myself gimping myself too much on purpose just to have fun fights, because most enemies were just too weak, and the strong enemies were so very rare. And that was just slowly ruining my interest in the character. Now I'm back to the way early levels were: fighting for my life every single fight and getting 1-2 shot by even the more basic enemies (running this AND deadly combat with hardcore too). A trillion thank yous, this just saved my Skyrim. -Zikako
I love you so much. You are a god among modders. -Tyrmundi
QUOTE@ Dalquist..First off Kudos given...Second this mod really makes Skyrim a hell of a lot more challenging for sure..I ran away from a fight earlier and had to regroup..I haven't had to do that in forever..lol..I absolutely love this mod and would endorse 100 times if I could!!! -Joshx336
QUOTEUpdating from my previous post. You've truly done an amazing job thus far Dalquist. The additions and modifications done to the leveled lists feels damn near perfect. Your mod has easily found a permanent place on my... rather extensive mod list (I'm an addict for increased difficulty and immersion). I think from here the mod can only improve, and just like the aMidianborn armor texture overhauls, I'll await each update with eager anticipation. Endorsed! - Retsumaru
QUOTEThis mod is awesome! Keep up the good work.
P.S. Try not to stray too far off the path of skyrim and keep doing what you are. -Dingy08
QUOTETruly an awesome mod, being level 90 just got a whole lot better, thanks for all your hard work. Endorsed -Softail4life
QUOTEI have been using your mod for awhile. It really spices up the game for me a lot. Appreciate your efforts. - Reapy0069
DL'd the orginal version a few days ago and finally got to play and have to say.. GREAT JOB!
the few area's i have run round in (pinewatch / Treva's) have been just amazing with the new tweaks to bandits, pilferers etc are rocking my world, and for whatever reason (maybe other mods, im not sure) the Archer types are now just plain evil - freaking loving the fact that combined with ASIS, you really have to think out your stratagy.
please continue onward good sir. -Valakov
QUOTEThats the mod I was looking for. I dont like asis idea messing with spawns. I need the same amount of foes but tougher. Thanks. -Andro11
QUOTEWish i could double endorse this mod. it has made hte game so much more fun. a few encounters from it so far..
1. at the tower's over the white river, bandit chief comes charging at my lvl 75+ nord.. and 1 shots her. like Owwwww!
2. finally join the Imperial Legion and get sent after the crown, I carry the lot of them thru to the final room, where we encounter a Draugr Reaver and 2 Immortals. those poor soildiers, thye got owned so bad. took me a good 5-8 minutes to kill all 3.. and a lot of arrows.
Cant wait to have ASIS back and running along with this, should make it even more epic. (not using asis atm due to spawn stacking) -Jeffreylane
QUOTElove this mod! -Connorandlachlan
QUOTEDamn it! Now you did it. This mod is just big!!! The Spiders! I love it. You must have work all day on this. Thank you! A new must have for me. -JamesTG
QUOTEFor the first time in my playtime, even my heavy armor character must learn to hide from those archers with bullseye perk ... and this making them the worst nightmare for my other pure mage character >_<
Job well done! -Btyop
QUOTEI think this is the best enemy mod made. I am using this mod with leveled enemies and am having no issues.. The vanilla enemies are still using the leveled enemies mod and the new enemies this mod adds are also working
thank you...kudos for you :) -Mymgrimm
High Level Enemies - Main File
1.6 - Slightly reduced stats and damage of added Skeevers and Mudcrabs to keep them in-line with the lore.
- Removed Bullseye perk from added Dremora.
- Added a new unscaled version of High Level Enemies.esp without any Draugr for compatibility with Skyrim Immersive Creatures' Draugr armor. Note: HLE and SIC are still compatible without this file. you only need it if you want to use the Draugr armor from SIC.
1.5 - Added Dragonborn scaled version to NMM installer.
1.4.5 - Added Dragonborn Support with 134 new enemies. The highest tier enemies scale to the players level.
1.4.1 - Fixed an issue where the unscaled version for Dawnguard was missing from version 1.4.
1.4 - Added 3 Atronachs.
- Raised the level cap for Adventurers, Assassins and Thieves in the wilderness.
- Raised the level of Stormcloak and Imperial soldiers.
- Added level scaling for enemy casters to the scaled version (includes Spellswords).
- Fixed a bug where high-level Draugr casters wouldn't attack.
1.3 - Added 48 Draugr Casters.
- Added Level Scaling and perks to Unique Dragon Priests and some bosses.
- Updated several leveled lists.
1.2 - Added a NMM installer.
- Updated Scaled version of Main File.
1.1 - Added 60 Witches and 6 Dremora.
- Fixed Skeever, Mudcrab and Dwarven Sphere damage.
1.0 - Added 3 Mammoths.
- Fixed the added Hagravens so they will now appear in-game.
- Rebalanced animal and creature damage output to scale more smoothly.
- Animal and creature damage was increased overall.
0.9 - Added 18 Skeletons, 6 Mudcrabs, 4 Ice Wraiths and 4 Skeevers.
- Updated more leveled lists.
- Increased damage for added Trolls slightly.
0.8 - Added 28 Dawnguard Vampire Hunters, 2 Armored Trolls and 2 Gargoyles (Dawnguard Version).
- Slightly reduced melee damage of high-level Bandits.
- Reduced magic damage of high-level bandits and Dragon Priests.
0.7 - Added Dawnguard version.
- Added high level variants for Dawnguard Vampires, Falmer and Chaurus Hunters (Dawnguard Version).
- Added another tier of Dwarven Constructs (Spiders, Spheres and Centurions).
- Cleaned the esp using Tes5Edit.
0.6 - Added FaceGen data for Bandits, Forsworn, Warlocks, Thalmor and Vampires.
- Added level scaling to highest level animals.
0.5 - Added Frostbite Spiders, Chaurus, Hagravens and Spriggans.
- Increased Health of highest level Vampires.
0.4 - Increased Armor for Draugr, Falmer and Vampires.
- Added 2 more tiers for animals (level 50 and 60).
- Added 1 more tier for giants (level 62+) which scales with player level.
0.3 The top enemy in each tier now scales with player level.
0.2 - Added Necromancers, Conjurers, Elementalists and Vampires. Increased spell damage for casters level 40 and up.
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard
1.6 - Added more Chaurus' to one of the leveled lists for compatibility with Skyrim Immersive Creatures.
1.0 - Added 12 Death Hounds.
- Rebalanced Gargoyle, Chaurus Hunter and Armored Troll damage output to scale more smoothly.
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn
1.6 - Added High Level Seekers, Draugr Hulks and a Lurker.
High Level Enemies - Increased Max Resists
1.1 - Changed scaling of physical damage reduction with armor rating. Max damage reduction of 90% now requires 900 armor rating. Damage reduction of 80% requires 789 armor rating.
High Level Enemies - Raised Ability Caps
1.4 (coming soon) - Conjured Thralls should no longer be absorbed by spells/perks.
1.3 - Dremora Lord summon should no longer be absorbed by spells/perks.
1.2 - Fixed the summon cost of the Dremora Lord.
1.1 - Added higher level, scaling versions of the Dremora Lord and the Flame, Frost and Storm Thralls.
High Level Enemies - Hardcore
1.1 - Updated to include Legendary difficulty.