Last updated at 16:44, 28 Sep 2014 Uploaded at 14:34, 10 Nov 2012
Adds a spell that summons all current followers.
Compatible with Extensible Follower Framework, Ultimate Follower Overhaul and
Amazing Follower Tweaks. (Updated versions released in 2013 or later might not be compatible.)
My other mods
Also available on the Steam Workshop.
Ever gone up or down a tiny cliff and your follower decides to walk around half of Skyrim to get to you? Find it annoying to have to wait or fast-travel all the time to get your followers to appear? Followers never want to show up because they're stuck somewhere? This mod will make you able to summon them all to your location. No more, no less.
Before I often had to resort to console commands when trying to find where a follower was stuck, it took time and could be very frustrating. With this, just using the spell should handle those issues and save me, and hopefully you, time and effort.
* Skyrim 1.8 is recommended. (You could try earlier version of the mod for older versions)
To work with EFF and UFO
* SKSE. At least version 1.5.7 is required.
How to get the spell
A spell tome can be found at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, on the table where Uthgerd the Unbroken usually is sitting. It teaches a spell that summons all non-waiting followers.
In the optional downloads section you can get a version where the spell works by asking for each follower if he or she should be summoned or not. You will be asked about waiting as well as non-waiting followers.
* I would include this as a separate spell if there weren't problems with having multiple spells using the script.
* You might get asked about the same followers twice under certain circumstances.
* Without SKSE, you will not be able to see the name of the follower you're asked about (you could know who it is who by remembering the order).
Nexus Mod Manager
- Press the "Download with manager" button for the files you want to download.
- When downloaded, activate the mod in the "mods" tab. Choose any options you want and press finish.
- Make sure that the added .esp file is checked in the "Plugins" tab.
- Download the archive.
- Copy over the contents of the "Data" folder to the Skyrim data folder.
- Make the game loads the mod by opening the Skyrim launcher and pressing "Data Files" and check the box next to the newly added esp file.
Nexus Mod Manager
- Deactivate the mod in the mod manager.
- Optionally remove the mod archive by pressing the X.
- Remove the ".esp" file(s) from the "Data" folder in your Skyrim directory.
* There should be no issues with any mod, other than that the spell won't work for all custom followers, and possibly a few vanilla ones.
* Summoning followers to locations where they aren't suppose to be might cause issues. Use this mod at your own risk.
Todo/Ideas (No promises or ETAs)
* Summon followers where you point at, instead of on the player.
* Make it work with more follower mods, if possible.
How it works
Gets the follower alias from the DialogueFollower quest and gets an actor reference from that, which is then moved to the player.
To work with the Extensible Follower Framework it uses a couple of its functions to get the number of followers and the actor references. It simply loops through the list and moves them to the player. Similar things are done for Amazing Follower Tweaks and Ultimate Follower Overhaul.
I'm definitively a novice of the Papyrus scripting language, this is basically the first script I've done. Looking at the example posted by Expired here was helpful in making this work for EFF.
1.2.2a - 27.02.13
* Added an alternative version in the optional downloads section. (See above)
1.2.2 - 05.01.13
* Should hopefully work properly on newer versions. Only the regular spell is available though.
1.2.1 - 13.11.12
* Should now work on pre 1.8 versions of Skyrim. Can't properly test it though.
1.2 - 11.11.12
* Works with Amazing Follower Tweaks and Ultimate Follower Overhaul.
* Summons current following animal.
* Doesn't summon waiting followers.
* Added a second spell that only summons waiting followers. (In case one forgets where the follower is waiting.)
1.1 - 10.11.12
* Now works without EFF.
1.0 - 10.11.12
* Initial release.
You may distribute, modify, and use this mod and the attached files in the making of other mods IF you properly credit it to me (AeonVita).
Expired (expired6978) - For making the awesome mod Extensible Follower Framework
Bethesda Game Studios - For making Skyrim and the Creation Kit