- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
- img 25 loading...
- img 26 loading...
- img 27 loading...
- img 28 loading...
- img 29 loading...
- img 30 loading...
- img 31 loading...
- img 32 loading...
- img 33 loading...
- img 34 loading...
- img 35 loading...
- img 36 loading...
- img 37 loading...
- img 38 loading...
- img 39 loading...
- img 40 loading...
- img 41 loading...
- img 42 loading...
- img 43 loading...
- img 44 loading...
- img 45 loading...
- img 46 loading...
Last updated at 9:39, 1 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 18:21, 3 Nov 2012
Now ver 3.02
Character, story, dialog and voice by Emma
Main Coding and AI by Amgepo
Textures, models and coding by Lycanthrops
Additional voice acting by SirCharleytheKhajiit, Lycanthrops, Jezdamayel, Anna Fernlund (Qod Ho), Thynar and Majamikol
Most of the bard performance music is medieval music recorded by the german music ensemble Musiklustgarden
Also features Special music for Vilja by Adrien Ortone (KindaInappropriate) (lute) and Bosa123 (flute) and more than 50 lines of chatter dialog written for Vilja by Discworld author Sir Terry Pratchett.
Comprehensive Wardrobe Manual available here
- Don't start the mod from a save game where your character already is inside the Bannered Mare in Whiterun! This might prevent the mod from starting properly!
-Use a game patched to the last update. Depending how outdated your Skyrim version is, all the scripts, meshes, textures and sounds of this mod could not work (she will be naked, bald and irresponsive, or simply non-existing).
- VERY IMPORTANT!!! If you are starting a new game, you MUST!! meet Vilja with her default looks before you add any cosmetical change to her. If you are upgrading to a new version, you MUST!! disable all cosmetical changes before you install the new bsa and esp! Else you won't be able to access her inventory! Go into the game and meet Vilja with her default looks. You will see a message in the upper left corner about "Upgrade to ver 3). After approx 30-90 seconds, you will get a new message that the upgrade is complete. Check that her inventory is working - if you did disable all changes of her, it will work. Now you can save game, exit, enable the cosmetical changes and return to your game. Her inventory should work properly.
Vilja ver 3 introduction by CollinMacLeod
First meeting with Vilja - introduction and voice sample.
Vilja in Swedish means willpower, guts, determination. And that is something Vilja has got lots of!
When she inherits a mysterious bottle from her grandmother, the young Solstheim girl decides to go to Skyrim to find out the truth about its content. But, things haven't turned out as Vilja has hoped. After travelling the hostile roads of Skyrim for months with her horse Bruse, she still hasn't found the only person who can help her, and now someone has stolen the bottle! She may be brave, but now she needs help!
You'll find Vilja in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. Will you help her? Will you let her come along with you, and will you help her in her missions? Yes, over time it will turn out that she also has another, secret, reason to be in Skyrim. In fact, if you let her tag along with you, you will find that her quests will mingle with your quests for a very long time to come, and you will learn to know quite a few interesting and fully voiced side-characters.
Vilja is a companionmod with quests, rather than a questmod with a companion. So, what is the difference? Well, you should never feel "forced" to play Vilja's quests instead of your own. They should be a natural, integrated part of your life in Skyrim, but last for a long time.
Vilja doesn't only have her own agenda - she also has her hopes and visions, her thoughts and opinions, and a background story that she will share with you over time.
Her dream is to become a bard, but as all women in her family traditionally become alchemists, this is what her family expects also of her.
She isn't the best fighter in the world (why would she then need your help?), nor the best marksman, and when it comes to spells, she starts with only a teleport spell and basic healing. However, this will surely change over time, and she will become more and more efficient. She also has a broad range of other features, and she will certainly change your lonely life in Skyrim, as she is talkative, curious and very unpredictable.
Vilja Original Lute Compositions by Adrien Ortone (Kindainappropriate)
- A new system for players to configure her ability to deal and receive damage so that it fits their own playerstyle and the mods they are using (in the previous version, some people claim she is way too invicible whereas others say she is too weak).
- A new, optional, "following-style" for Vilja that makes her more lively and independant. Can be turned on/off as you please.
- Full interaction and scenes and other features with your adopted children from Hearthfire. If you don't have Hearthfire, you will be able to have children living with you anyway.Talk to the kids in the Riften Orphanage and two of them will follow you to your home. Just don't expect these kids to have all the features or topics that are part of the Hearthfire expansion.
- Vilja and the player can play music together, with a number of new tunes that are not included in the Become a Bard mod (I absolutely recommend that you also use the Become a Bard mod for broader variety; these mods interact well and there is no reason not to use them together)
- A new "questline" with performance assignments for the Bards College. This is for roleplayers, so don't expect any hack-and-slash!
- A new optional bonus-follower - the bard girl Sindra from Vilja's lute quest - will make it possible to perform a broader variety of music that requires more instruments than two. She can also be a babysitter for your adopted kids and has full interaction with them! She will be able to join you shortly after you have started to do the performance assignments for the Bards College.
- You will meet at least three members of Vilja's family again; one of them can stay with you for a while if you like, and you will do a quest for one of the others. If you are not romancing Vilja, you will still meet these members of her family.
- Scenes and interaction with followers with voicetype Male Young Eager, for instance Erik the Slayer, Sven, Onmund (Mages college) and also every modder made follower with this voicetype.
- Some new functionality features, among them sitting on the ground together with the player.
- Her "Tell me your thoughts" dialog has been divided so that you can discuss specific subjects with her rather than just listen to what she randomly wants to say.
- Some new habits... for instance, she will now get drunk if you give her too many drinks. She'll also "remember" some of the things you have said and done.
- You can show her your "favorite places", she will remember them and later be able to lead you back to them.
- One more song where Vilja sings with Kindainappropriate on the lute has been incorporated.
- better setup to make her say the right things at the right time, and I fixed up the "combat alert"-comments (they didn't work earlier because of a mistake I made in the whole setup of them).
- an alternate dungeon-crawl way to do the Donkeytail-quest.
- It will also be possible to "do shopping" in smaller places like Riverwood, Falkreath, Winterhold (i.e. now all places that have general traders)
- She can now summon the player's horse.
- Better tent, with cooking-pot, for Vilja.
- Vilja recognizes and can comment on a few custom-made companions and followers from expansions like Cerwiden, Serana, Inigo, Rayya. This is mostly a framework to build on; currently Vilja will make comments to and about Cerwiden and Serana, but they are unable to reply. The others are in this version only recognized. Please understand that this is currently "just" a base to start from, not a full-fledged feature.
- better looking engagement rings (by Gamwich)
- and many smaller changes, upgrades, fixes and improvements, including re-recording of another approx 80 of the original voicelines that were done with a simple microphone.
Changelog ver 3.01-3.02:
- Made a change to two scripts to ensure that Vilja would follow the player from start in a new game.
- Added a special brawlscript that was missing in previous bsa and caused problems with Vilja not following and odd behaviour from other followers.
- The settings for Vilja's sturdiness/vulnerability will now show up correctly.
- Minor cosmetic changes; removed a message "tic" that would occasoinally show up ingame, changed some dialog filters (among other things a couple of battle-cries where Vilja mistook a male player for a female one).
Vilja walkthrough by Morann MacKay. Morann MacKay have made + 20 parts of his walkthrough serie for Vilja. You'll find them all on Youtube.
With multiple quest lines (including a romance-track for romance and marriage), unique abilities, 28 custom music pieces and over 9000 lines of voiced dialog, the Vilja-mod should keep you entertained for many, many game-hours to come. But the dialog and features have evolved so far that even her creators can't keep track of it all. There are many surprises tucked away in Vilja's dialog topics and we encourage you to just try them all. This is just a brief overview of her features and what differs her from other companions/followers.
- The mod includes more than 9000 lines of voiced dialog, and almost 6000 of these lines are for Vilja. Vilja is by default very talkative, but if it is too much for you (which would be understandable), you can easily adjust the settings in her dialog (Main topic: Travel together). She won't be upset with you even if you tell her to keep completely quiet.
- Improved following behaviour. In order to make Vilja follow as well as possible, she will warp to you whenever she gets stuck. This will only happen when you are not watching, so if you notice she is stuck, just turn away from her and continue to walk. (The warping can now be toggled on/off for situations where you don't want her to follow). Vilja also has a summon spell that you will have access to as soon as you have completed the very first part of her quest. (It is activated with the shout-key). If you should lose track of her, you will be able to find her by activating her quest - a questmarker will then show you where she is.
Vilja has the Lightfoot perk, so she is unlikely to be the victim of common traps.
By default, Vilja will follow you with a behaviour similar to other followers, but through dialog you can choose to allow her to sandbox while following (similar to the Dawnguard companion Serana), which will make her a little more lively. The sandbox behaviour can be toggled on and off in dialog (Main topic: Travel together)
With ver 3 of Vilja, we are also using another alternate following behaviour, which can be combined with the sandbox, where Vilja acts more lively and sometimes run ahead of you.
- Disposition system. Her disposition towards you will change over time and depend on your actions towards her and towards the rest of your environment. If she is really mad at you, she will surely let you know, but you will also spot that her current disposition towards you will be mirrored in what she says and how she responds.
Of course there are also ways to improve her disposition. For instance, she enjoys a sweetroll or something to drink. You can give her a compliment, thank her or give her a gift, and sometimes this will lead to an increased disposition. And as a bard-wanna-be, she will of course like it if you care to listen to her music.
With ver 3, Vilja has started to build up a "long-term-memory" which we are hoping to expand on. Certain things you say and do will be stored in her "memory" and it might affect her responses towards you.
- Optional wardrobe system with several possibilities: a) Decide exactly what Vilja should wear b) Predefine what she should wear during different situations (adventuring, city life, at home etc) and tell her to auto-change depending on the situation c) let her totally decide on her own (like in ver 1.5). (Manual for the wardrobe is included)
- Detailed fighting instructions. You can tell Vilja if she should participate in fights or stay out of trouble. You can also tell her whether her fighting style should be ranged or melee. Later on she will learn to use different spells and chants, and you will then be able to finetune which of these spells and chants she should use. As soon as you finished the very first part of her quest, you will receive three "commands" (activated with the shout-key) that you can use to give Vilja quick-instructions during battle: Vilja Attack!, Vilja Stop Fighting!, Vilja - Stop Fighting and Follow me!
- Configurable features. Within her topic "Travel together" you can configure various things regarding her behaviour, her
wardrobe, her chatter, essential/protected, warp/not warp etc. You can also configure a number of her habits. If there are things with her that irritates you, have a look and you might find that you can easily get rid of this habit.
- Healing. From start, Vilja can only heal herself during combat, but later on she will also be able to keep you healed.
- Sparring. You can practice your fighting skills together with her in a friendly combat. You can also let her practice fighting skills with your housecarls, or you and your housecarls can practice sparring.
- Crafting. Different from vanilla followers, Vilja can actually use crafting stations! Provided, of course, that you give her the correct material. She may not use them for the same purposes as you, though. Here is a list of what she will do:
[Cooking pot: Vilja will cook various meals for you, depending on what ingredients she has in her inventory
Alchemy station: Vilja will make various potions, depending on what ingredients she has in her inventory.
Enchantment station: Vilja cannot do anything useful at enchantment stations.
Forge: Vilja can use the forge to create lockpicks for you, provided that she has at least one Iron ingot
Workbench: Vilja can use the workbench to fletch arrows, provided that she has at least ten pieces of firewood and an ingot of iron, steel, silver or dwarven.
Tanning rack: Vilja will use the tanning rack the same way as you do. Give her pelts, and she will turn them into leather. If she has leather but no pelts, she will turn leather into leather strips.
Sharpening wheel: Vilja cannot do anything useful at the sharpening wheel.
Smelter: Vilja can use the smelter the same way as you do, provided that she has ore.
Chopping block: Vilja can, like other followers, use the chopping block to chop wood.
Mining: If Vilja has a pickaxe, she can help you mining.
(Note that the crafting stations have to be correctly set up and using the vanilla IDnames in order for her to use them; some modded stations might not work)
Vilja can also do some simple crafting on the fly, without any crafting stations:
- Simple potions. If you can provide one ingredient, Vilja can make simple potions like healing, restore magicka, restore
stamina and cure diesease without having access to an alchemy station. She can also learn to make new potions if you give her a recipe.
- Cooking. If Vilja has appropriate ingredients in her inventory, she can cook you a meal on the fly. Once you are married, she will also offer not only the "Homecooked meal" but also a special bonus dish that is else not available in Skyrim.
- Torches. If she has firewood and linenwraps, she can make torches for you.
- Playing music. Vilja wants to become a bard, and is always happy to play for you. From start, she can only play the drums, but after completing some of her quests, she will be able to play flute and lute as well as sing for you. Thanks to Adrien Ortone (KindaInappropriate) (lute) and Bosa123 (flute) she also has her very own music that she can play.
- Playing for the audience. Once you have completed some of Vilja's quests, she will be able to entertain the audience in some of the inns, and she will actually even earn some money on it! It is up to you to decide when or if she should play for the audience.
- Playing music with you. with ver 3, Vilja can play music together with you - see section new in ver 3.0.
- Horseriding and Mounted combat. Vilja is not a standard follower but an unique stand-alone companion. She has her own horse, which she will summon and use whenever you are riding. You can also tell her to ride when you are not riding. With ver 1.4, we incorporated mounted combat and dynamically speed adjustment for Bruse. It has since then been improved, but we are well aware that it should be further improved, and we are intending to do this.
- Lead the way. Vilja doesn't always have to follow your lead. YOU can also go adventuring with HER. Yes, you can actually be her companion. She might suggest it, or you can suggest that she takes the lead. She might show you places you've never seen before! It's a very different and rewarding roleplay-experience to travel side by side instead of having a companion always five steps behind you. This feature was originally introduced with Oblivion Vilja, but Skyrim Vilja will do the same thing.
- Teamleader. You can ask other followers to follow Vilja instead of you. That way, you can act more strategically in a dungeon. Or you can simply use it to send Vilja and other followers to wait for you in a different location. Or just let them go on a stroll together.
- Quest-related chatter. Vilja knows what is happening around her, and will, once you have travelled together for a little
while, start to comment on some of the vanilla-quests you are doing. This will be further expanded on in later versions. (She is still rather oblivious of what is going on within the Thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood).
- Place-related chatter. Vilja will always have opinions on the places you are visiting. She will often tell you spontaneously, but you can also ask her through dialog.
- Interaction with other followers. Vilja interacts with many of the vanilla followers on various levels, from basic to quite advanced. For the best experience, I suggest that you go exploring with Vilja and either Lydia, J'zargo, Jenassa, Jordis or Brelyna, Marcurio, Aela, Farkas or Argis, Sven, Erik or Onmund, and you will soon find that Vilja not only interacts with them - they will reply, and sometimes they will be involved in quite lenghty discussions. Similar but more generic interaction will happen also with Iona, Ria, Benor, Stenvar, Ahtar, Illia, Uthgerd, Adelaisa, Anneke Crag-Jumper, Kharjo, Aranea, Faendal and with any modder-made follower that use one of the following voice-types: Female Eventoned, Female Commander, Female Darkelf, Female YoungEager, Male Brute, Male Khajiit, Male Eventoned, Male Young Eager.
With some other popular vanilla followers, Vilja has simple interaction, i.e. Vilja will know that they are there and sometimes comment on them, but they will not respond and there will be no discussions between them. These followers are Mjoll and Calder.
With ver 3, we have incorporated a very basic platform for interaction with modder-made companions with unique voices. It is currently very basic, although when introduced to them, she will at least talk *to* Serana and Cerwiden, although they will not reply.
- Creating a home. You can tell Vilja where you want her to live, and when she is in this location and in wandermode, she will adapt a daily schedule that involves everything from cooking and cleaning to playing music, reading books, discussing with other followers and going for walks, or even to an inn. She will of course have special dialog for when she is at home.
- Making a campsite. Since ver 1.4 Vilja has her own tent and can make a Frostfall-compatible campsite and campfire. In version 3, her tent has been improved and includes cooking facilities.
- Reading books. Vilja will be happy to read books for you. From start, she only has one book that she can read, but she will tell you about other books that she'll read for you once she has them.
- Collecting and cleaning. Vilja can help you to collect various items like arrows, weapons and, of course, ingredients. You can also tell her to "clean up the mess" and she will then appear to use a broom to do so.
- Spellcasting. From start, Vilja can only use some simple spells for healing and teleporting. As her quests progress, she will eventually learn a range of other spells. Nothing really fancy, though, as she is not supposed to be a spellcaster. You will be able to finetune through dialog what spells you want her to use. New in ver 1.4: Once Vilja has learnt the first basic spells through her questline, you will be able to teach her more spells (although not every spell) by giving her spelltomes.
- Chants. Once Vilja has become a "real bard", she will be able to use completely new bard chants that affect either the player or the enemies and can be used to improve battle tactics.
- Shopping. You can tell Vilja to go shopping for you, and either determine what kind of wares you want her to buy or leave that decision to her (good way to raise her disposition, although you might not always be so impressed with what she drags home). She has a special container in her inventory where you can place things that you want her to sell for you - the outcome of her bartering will depend on her speechcraft skill. Vilja will sometimes go shopping spontaneously. This will only happen when you are in one of the main cities and she will always tell you in advance.
- Skills report. In the main topic "Let's just talk for a while" you can ask Vilja about her current skills. This will also expose how much she currently likes you.
- Play games. Vilja is childish and she enjoys playing games. You can race her to various destination, you can play rock, paper, scissors and you can practice sparring with her.
- Roleplaying features. To enhance the gameplay for roleplayers, there are many features included that aren't vital functionality-wise. You can for instance buy her drinks at inns, thank her if she has been of great help, you can tell her when you give her something precious, you can give her compliments, give her a hug (after you have learnt to know her better), and if you are romancing her, you can tell her that you love her. She will also occasionally ask for your opinion on more serious and in-depth matters, where you can pick choices according to your character's personality (or, of course, the choice you hope will please her). Since ver 2.0, you can also "reply" to what she just said (topic in the main menu) and in ver 3.0 you can also ask for her thoughts on specific subjects.
- Introducing an infamous Solstheim tradition. I think those who played Oblivion Vilja will grin and immediately guess what we have been up to... For those who haven't got a clue, we suggest that you head for one of the inns, buy Vilja a few drinks and give them to her through the special dialog option that show up only inside inns. It shouldn't take many drinks before she will show you what the Solstheim people do when they are celebrating.
- Romance and marriage. Vilja finds the whole idea of using a silly amulet as some kind of advertisement quite repulsive. To her, love is about friendship and trust. If you want to romance her, you will be able to do so, eventually, but only after you have learnt to know her better and her main mission in Skyrim is completed. The romance will eventually lead to a wedding ceremony and wedding party, and you will meet and interact with Vilja's whole family.
- Cyrodiil Vilja. Through e-mails, forum-posts and PMs, I have learnt that there are many players who want Vilja to be the very same person as in Cyrodiil. Therefore, I have added in a special option for those who want to roleplay this. At the end of the very first part of her quest, you will have a dialog-option that allows you to decide that she is your long-lost friend or lover, and if you choose this option, her backgroundstory and some other aspects and comments will change accordingly.
The Jessa Channel featuring Vilja
Adrien Ortone (KindaInappropriate) - Unique Lute music for Vilja. Overview over his original composions for Vilja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6mxi2fBFc
Bosa123 - Unique Flute music for Vilja
Musiklustgarden - Bard performance music, including weddingparty dance "Trotto" www.musiklustgarten.de/index.htm .Permission by Dr.Michael Mészár.
Rhytm Bazaar - the Elswheyr Bazaar music
SirCharleytheKhajiit - voice acting
Jezdamayel - voice acting
Thynar - voice acting and testing
Anna Fernlund (Qod Ho) - voice acting
Majamikol - voice acting
Salkavalka - writing a number of chatter entries for Vilja.
Matchstik23 - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
MrDarkSim - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Croc - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Obliviotter - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Elite403 - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Jet4571 - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
Dovahklon - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
Mike Sierra - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
CollinMacLeod - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
ArathornTV2 - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
SirGallyhave - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
Seyheb - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
Falion - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions
Concepts2a - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Alt3rn1ty - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback, valuable suggestions. Reduced textures, additional eye-types
Princess Stomper - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Eend123 - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Crashpilot - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Manleysteel - playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Loriel - proofreading, playtesting, trouble shooting, feedback and valuable suggestions
Apachii - Vilja's hairstyle is based on one of the wigs from her mod. skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168
Runspect - food resources from his modders resource packs. skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26132/?
Xtudo - noise reduction of voice files
Spookyfx.com (Duke Patrick) - brainstorming, feedback and valuable suggestions
Gamwich - improved engagement rings, and of course also the alternate Wolfcry armor available as an optional file on Vilja's Nexus-page.
Arkngt X - feedback, proofreading, valuable suggestions
Jep - valuable suggestions
Phinix - Components from the No Friendly Fire mod skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22538 have been reworked and used for Vilja.
CDCooley - for his innovative work on Oblivion Vilja, which has been a corner-stone when working out how to implement her great-granddaughter.
Terry Pratchett - Approx 50 unique chatter entries, as well as numerous valuable suggestions for Oblivion Vilja (among them Vilja Leading the Way) that we have re-used for her Skyrim great-granddaughter.
Vilja guest-stars in the latest Skyrim web-comic!
Want to give Vilja a new hairstyle or haircolor? There are several optional versions available in the files section - for screenshots, see screenshots section.
Vilja The Blacksmith song by KindaInappropriate
Vilja The Riften Bard song
Mods that will add to Vilja :
Campsites in Skyrim by Jet4571.
Follow That Actor by Spooky.Fx.
The Hairstyler by Lycanthrops.
OCR - Omnisway Clothing replacer by Wavion2 has a special optional Vilja in Skyrim-patch.
Alt3rn1ty has included smaller textures for Vilja, available in Vanilla reduced textures thread
You can ask and comment also in Bethsoft forums