Last updated at 3:09, 24 Feb 2014 Uploaded at 16:41, 18 Oct 2012
Object Fade under advanced options in your Skyrim launcher (or fLODFadeOutMultObjects in SkyrimPrefs.ini) must be set to at least 10.
- Removed unneeded cold region checks.
- Fixed issue with rainbows appearing after using Wait.
Compatible with all mods. Will work in any current and future location as long as there is a sky.
One of nature's most beautiful light shows makes it to Skyrim. From partial rainbows to the elusive full lunar rainbow these visual effects will appear in the direction of the sun/moonlight if the following conditions are met:
- Rainbows A weather transition from rainy to clear/pleasant and low sun position (8:30 to 10:15 AM and 4:00 to 5:45 PM).
- Lunar rainbows (moonbows) A weather transition from rainy to clear/pleasant and low full moon position (8:00 to 10:00 PM and 2:00 to 4:00 AM).
To simulate morning water vapor, faint rainbows also have a 5% chance to appear each morning from 8:30 to 9:00 AM in non-snowy regions.
A rainbow's luminosity depends heavily on what weather/lighting mods you have installed. It will last anywhere from 30 to 120 real time seconds but moving too far away or getting too close will cause the illusion to dissipate prematurely until you've moved back to an appropriate position.
Due to the above conditions rainbows are rare. If you are impatient or if you enjoy cheating then follow the instructions below to make a rainbow appear.
- Wait until the sun is low (check times above).
- Open up the console and type "fw 10a242" without the quotes. Close the console.
- Open up the console again and type "sw 81a" without the quotes. Close the console. After a few seconds a rainbow will appear opposite to the sun.
To adjust morning vapor rainbows via console: "setpqv _rbquest vaporchance X" without quotes. X is an integer. By default X = 5.
To enable notifications via console: "setpqv _rbquest notifon true" without quotes. To turn it off, set it back to false.
- Unofficial Patches General bug fixes, which improve game stability and in effect this mod's stability.
Scripts have been optimized to the best of my knowledge and tested for save game bloat.
Manual installers drop the files into your Data folder. NMM/BAIN: download the main file and add to your respective programs.
This mod automatically refreshes itself with each revision. Just remove the previous version and install the new version.
Make a save when there is no rainbow present AND when it isn't raining and then remove all installed files.
Deathless Aphrodite and oc3 for inspiring me with Rainbows in Tamriel and Better Rainbows.
SparrowPrince for creating the meshes over and over again until my OCD was satisfied.
Myself for spending weeks attempting to get the color and fading right.