Last updated at 0:16, 15 Feb 2014 Uploaded at 8:30, 28 Jun 2012
Perks Unbound - With DLC Support
Perks Unbound is the replacement for ClassicNoodle's "No Perk Prerequisites", which is a Pre-CK mod, and pre-CK tools have been proven to corrupt mods (TESVSnip specifically), so I decided to make the mod from the ground up with the Creation Kit.
Perks Unbound allows you to skip past perks you don't want or need, so that way you are not wasting precious perk points. The only requirements that have been maintained, with some minor exceptions, are skill level requirements.
E.g. If you are only interested in "Dragon Smithing" you don't need to take all of the perks in-between.
There are some minor exceptions:
- Perks that have a Novice to Master progression have not been changed.
- Steady Hand was left alone as it requires Eagle Eye to function, and Disarming Bash requires Power Bash for the same reason.
- The Impact perk still requires Destruction Dual Casting, and Deadly Bash does not require Power Bash (In practice it seems to work fine without it).
Official Skyrim patch 220.127.116.11.8 or greater.
And of course: DLCs are required for the DLC-specifc patch files
Install Perks Unbound with your favorite mod manager (Wyre Bash, Nexus Mod Manager, etc).
For a manual installation: Extract the archive to your data folder in your Skyrim directory.
If has not done so already please download and install BOSS, which is linked below, you will save yourself a lot of headaches in the long run by doing this.
BOSS for Skyrim: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6
BOSS should be used to manage your load order. If you decide to sort normally, the mods should at least go after the unofficial patches, but before any perk overhauls so that their changes take precedence (Unless of course you want my mod to take precedence).
The load order should be:
Perks Unbound - Dawnguard.esp (If you have Dawnguard)
Perks Unbound - Dragonborn.esp(If you have Dragonborn)
Perks Unbound - Merged.esp - Merged version of the base mod plus the DLC patches, it is for those who want to reduce the number of ESPs in their load order, and is offered as an optional download.
Load Order for Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior as of v18.104.22.168:
Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior.esp
Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior - Dawnguard.esp (If you have Dawnguard)
Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior - Dragonborn.esp(If you have Dragonborn)
If you have both Dawnguard and Dragonborn, then only use "Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior - Merged.esp", as it merges the all the Helmless Warrior plugins together.
Uninstalling Perks Unbound
Nothing special, so just remove as with your mod manager of choice, or remove the files manually if installed manually.
Optional Download: Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior
This is a version of Perks Unbound where a Helmet is not required for Armor perks to function.
This needs to be used in the place of "Perks Unbound.esp", as the mods are mostly the same, except for the differences noted below:
1) Helmets are no longer required for armor perks to function.
2) The perks modified are: Cushioned, Well Fitted, Matching Set, Reflect Blows, Custom Fit, Matching Set, Wind Walker, and Deft Movement.
3) The Abilities "PerkWindWalkerStamina" and "PerkAbReflectBlows" also needed to be modified for this mod to work as intended.
4) The Spells "DBFullSet" and "TGFullSet" have been modified. Effects Shrouded Armor and Nightingale Armor matching set bonuses.
5) Like "No Helmets Required" you won't be able to mix armor types. Wearing a light armor helmet would negate all heavy armor perks above except for the matching set perks.
As of version 1.2.4 I have modified additional "SPEL" entries in the creation kit that I had previously missed, so that way all the armor set perks work as expected.
As of version 22.214.171.124 I have modified 3 DLC specific perks (DLC1DawnguardItemPerk, DLC2MatchingSet, DLC2MatchingSetHeavy) so that DLC armors get the matching set bonus.
This also eliminates the need for you to download the main file for the DLC patch files as they are now bundled with the Helmless Warrior download.
A thank you to thor4506 is in order, if not for pointing out the lack of Matching Set bonuses for Stalhrim armor, I would not have discovered the DLC specific Matching Set Perks.