Last updated at 3:46, 9 Mar 2013 Uploaded at 23:48, 31 May 2012
This mod adds a book with information regarding Quest Timing. What is Quest Timing you ask? Well, quest timing refers to the best times to perform certain quests, in order to get the most out of them (good treasure, benefits, better development of events, etc).
This IS NOT a walkthrough, and should not be treated as such. It's also not an exhaustive list of every quest in the game (far from it), if you are looking for that check the awesome Ultimate Skyrim Quests Overview and Checklist mod, by Dexmachina.
The information included has been gathered from the UESPWiki (specially Quest-Timing) and The Elder Scrolls Wiki as well, and re-touched a little bit to include additional details (it may still contain minor errors, let me know and I'll try to fix them). I also edited the text instead of just copy-pasting it, to help achieve a more enjoyable reading.
The book is divided into different categories:
- Quests to Do Immediately
- Quests to Do As Soon As Possible
- Quests to Start but not Finish
- Quests to Save for Later
If you've ever done a quest and later you found out it had conflicts with other quests (through a wiki, or even in-game while playing), or you've advanced in a quest and later realized it made the story of the game redundant, or maybe you got a lot of gold but you could have gained an ability if you had done another quest before (who needs gold when you can get an ability!?)... then for those cases quest timing should help. Basicaly it's a go-to guide when you have doubts and need some orientation regarding certain specific quests. It's not a perfect guide, but it may help you make some decisions during the game.
The book contains some spoilers, though information regarding the main quest was reduced to the minimun when possible. The ending of the game IS NOT included in the book, so you should be fine reading it if you haven't finished the game (heck, I myself haven't finished it yet, so I'm not going to spoil it for everyone out there).
I've included different options to choose from in the installer, so that you can select the location you think fits better for this kind of book. The available locations are:
- Bleak Falls Barrow
- Sleeping Giant Inn (Riverwood)
I also included different textures for the book cover as well. The available textures are:
- Flower-looking book cover.
- Encyclopedia-looking book cover.
- Padded-looking book cover.
It's the first time I mod custom-made books and make retextures for them too, so I may have missed a few things. Let me know and I'll see what I can do about fixing them.
Two alternatives, choose one:
1st. Click the DOWNLOAD WITH MANAGER button. Then activate with the NMM. That's it, enjoy the mod. :)
2nd. Manual installation:
1) Copy the 'Meshes' folder to your Data directory.
2) Select a texture from folder A, B or C, and copy the whole 'Textures' folder whitin to your Data directory.
3) Select a location for the book to be placed in-game, and copy the selected .esp file to your Data directory.
4) Activate the .esp file with NMM.
5) Enjoy :)
- Reaper9111: for allowing me to upload my version of his mod, as well as use his meshes.
- MelbuFrama (@ DeviantArt): for providing the title's background image for this mod.
- Midhras: for letting me use his awesome The Mind's Eye screenshot.