SKYRIM
Christchex Perk Overhaul by Christchex
Skyrim » Overhauls
Added: 19/03/2012 - 09:18PM
Updated: 20/03/2012 - 11:42PM

2 Endorsements

0.6b Latest version

324 Unique D/Ls

672 Total D/Ls

7,492 Total Views

Uploaded by christchex

Description

Last updated at 23:42, 20 Mar 2012 Uploaded at 21:18, 19 Mar 2012

[UPDATE]
3/20/2012
- Removed speech temporarily... also considering removing archery as I'm currently updating it.
- New version of speech esp.
- Considering trying out the Uncapper, finally. Though, I have a hard time seeing any reason to have skills go beyond 100. I use a leveling speed reducer (by 50%) and part of the reason why I'm doing this is because I felt there were too many perk points and not enough perks in any given skill. My characters continually became generalized.

[DESCRIPTION]
This current version has only expanded the Archery and Speech skill trees. I plan to release each skill tree as a separate esp file for modularity.
The next skill tree I'm working to expand is one-handed.

[SKILL SPECIALIZATION]
Each skill tree now has a new perk associated with that skill referred to as a "Major Skill" choice. Each of these perks increases the speed in which you gain levels in said skill by 35% while lowering all other skill rates by 4%. These effects are cumulative; or if you prefer, "Stacking." What this means is that if you choose two major perks, you get a 31% increase instead of the 35%, and all other skills will level 8% slower. In addition, the best perks in each skill tree require their related "Major Skill" perk in addition to their vanilla requirements.

I have uploaded an optional skill specialization file, this will only be around until I complete expanding all 18 perks. It's so that all the skills have their associated major skill perk.

[EPIC PERKS]
On top of being able to choose your major skill, you can also become a veteran, which has no bonus other than unlocking epic perks in the skill trees. Your character can only ever have one epic perk.

[ARCHERY SKILL TREE]
I have added an additional 20 new perks and ranks, bringing the total number of points to complete the archery tree to 36.
I have also moved some of the vanilla perks around to offer two distinctive skill trees, one intended as a sniper and the other as a combat archer. In many cases I modified the vanilla perks to require a lower/higher skill and benefit in line with additional ranks or all around balance.

The new perks I have added are:
Combat Archery (3 ranks): Gives bonus damage if target is within a close distance.
Knowledge of the Land: Grants a 10% movement speed bonus if outdoors.
Seasoned Huntsman: Grants a damage bonus against animals. OooOo, scary.
Stalker: Grants a damage bonus against creatures if sneaking.
Trick Shot (2 ranks): Chance to disarm an opponent.

Vanilla perks with added ranks:
Overdraw: Two additional ranks, the last of which is epic class and triples your damage.
Eagle Eye: Two additional ranks
Hunters Discipline: Two additional ranks
Power Shot: One additional rank
Quickshot: Two additional ranks.
Critical shot: One additional epic class rank that trades off 100% of critical hits with half bow speed.

[SPEECH SKILL TREE]
I've added an additional 15 perks, bringing Speech's total to 28.
Moved some vanilla perks around.

New Perks:
Classy Buyer: 10% discount on buying if wearing rich clothes.
Patron: 10% better prices at Inns.
Trained Voice (5 ranks): Reduces time between shouts, has epic rank perk, too.

Added ranks:
Haggling: 2 additional ranks, including an epic class rank that betters prices by 50%.
Intimidation: 2 additional ranks, however the first two give lower bonuses than vanilla.
Persuasion: 1 additional rank.
Allure: 1 additional rank.

[COMPATIBILITY]
Will not be compatible with any other perk mod. However, if you wish to use a different perk mod for a specific skill tree that I have yet to expand, just place that mod below ccPerkOverhaul_SkillSpecialization.esp and you'll only be missing my major perk for that tree.

[INSTALLATION]
Use 7zip, unzip contents into your data folder, including the script! It should be in Data/Scripts or else this mod will not work. Also be sure to keep a backup save.

[LOAD ORDER]
I'd recommend placing them at the bottom of your load order... it should look like this as well
ccPerkOverhaul
ccPerkOverhaul_SkillSpecialization.esp (optional)
ccPerkOverhaul_[Skill Name].esp

The individual skill files can be in any order as long as they come after ccPerkOverhaul and the optional Skill Specialization.

[UNINSTALL]
You will likely lose any perk points spent on any new perks added by this mod, but should keep the vanilla ones just fine. You have been warned!

[VERSION HISTORY]
V0.60b
- Created and added the required master file ccPerkOverhaul to centralize recurrent entries.
- Expanded the Speech skill tree.

V0.50b
- First release
- Only expanded the archery skill tree.

[FUTURE PLANS]
Expand the remaining skill trees! Of course.