Last updated at 10:32, 22 Apr 2014 Uploaded at 19:07, 19 Mar 2012
A mod by SparrowPrince AKA OpticShooter.
Video by RichardPellets
This mod enhances Skyrim's water with all new textures, meshes, effects, general fixes, cosmetic fixes, and also new content.
No more pixelated water, higher resolution textures for things like foam and rain, enhancements to waterfall flow and visual
effects, blacksmith trough animation fix (compatible with SMIM) and much more! A continuation of previous work by isoku this
mod will achieve regular updates and expansion.
- Oceans, lakes, rivers, marshes, and creeks each with a unique ebb and flow.
- Rivers that flow in the correct direction for the most part, ocean waves that flow towards the coast.
- Added effects to waterfalls like more foam and splash effects.
- Foam, rain and water drop ripples replaced with high resolution textures.
- More transparent shorelines during clear weather.
- Various water textures to choose from.
- ENB water parallax compatible.
- Reduced excessive splashing of objects in water. (Optional)
- New wetter looking rocks near and in water. (Optional)
- Animated blacksmith trough water. (Optional)
- Water plants and water-based ingredients. (Optional)
- Frozen water puddles. (Optional)
- Animated row boats. (Optional)
- Dragonborn add-ons with waves. (Optional)
- Dawnguard add-on. (Optional)
- Falskaar add-on. (Optional)
- Bug fixes and performance tweaks.
1024x1024 uncompressed water surface normals, other textures are 4X the original
resolutions, waterfalls 2X. Medium Resolution halves the above figures.
From any older version please save your game, totally uninstall the mod and re-install it again.
Clean saves are recommended. To do a clean save just create a new save instead of over-writing
any of your current ones.
- Option for mist over and near certain bodies of water when it is raining. This effect attaches to the rain drops mesh, so it will only show up where these have been set-up.
- Optimized rain mesh (above) so new effects don't take up as much data. Fog is quite a cheap effect resource-wise for anyone wondering about performance.
- Splash gradient added back to player/NPC splash effect. This makes it more visible.
- Light wet rock option removed as it was bugged. Didn't look good anyway.
- Updated NMM pictures in the installer and added some new ones.
- Rapid rock splash effects should be fixed for ENB users (no glow). Didn't seem to be in the Particle Patch because I expanded the effects to make them more noticeable.
- Re-coloured the faked environment reflection texture for wet rocks.
- Mod now incorporates Realistic Needs plugins within the main file. No separate download!
- New foam textures for falls, rivers, and pretty much everything else.
- New water surface bump maps. The options have also been cut down drastically for less confusion.
- Tweaks to creek water so it fits the new bump maps.
- Tweaks to general parameters in nearly all plugins.
- Mist option is now loose in the case people unzip the BSA on install.
- Updated installer pictures.
- Because of an error on my part I included the second-to-finalized water bump maps in the last version. The ripples should now not look really tiled and the water surface should be more detailed
- Dragonborn compatible.
- Dawnguard compatible.
- Falskaar compatible.
- Realistic Needs compatible. No patch required.
- Skyfalls compatible (check Skyfalls page).
- Compatible with the water parallax effect for ENB users.
- SMIM compatible troughs and water rocks.
- Skyrim particle patch for ENB users included.
- Changes carried over from ESMs and USKP.
too. Sorry in advance to those who just downloaded the update. It is recommended you re-download
Versions 1.1 and up require Skyrim 1.5 or later. For previous versions of Skyrim, use WATER 1.0.
Install - for manual installations only:
Please see included "Read Me" file contained within the mod for detailed instructions.
Alternate Animated Blacksmith Trough by rolloLG.
This simply adds real looking water (with refraction ect.) to the blacksmith troughs. Some
people may also remember that W.A.T.E.R used to have this kind of real trough water in the
past. Currently W.A.T.E.R uses a different kind of animated water because it is fully compatible
with other mods and future updates to the game. I recommend this mod though if you are
REALLY adamant about your water. Check it out!
SparrowPrince - Main WATER developer.
isoku - Original implementation and base.
wr_berg - Support and NMM installer (no longer active).
Gruftlord - General help with various plugin related things I'm too thick to understand.
elliottgraniteo - For Sir Crabalot.
Natureboy7 - Sound file placement on the waves plugin.
DeadManPlaying - Managing this mod on Steam.
AstroCat - WATER Developer and support (no longer active).
MontyModMonster - Support (no longer active).
GraceDarkling - Cube map resource.
Everyone who has provided critiques and suggestions.
Use on a 'as is' basis unless I say otherwise. I give full permission for anyone to use or upload
this mod as long as full credits are given to me as the original author. Please do not steal or
claim my work as your own. It is very degrading to me and other people who put in hours of
their own time for the community. You can translate this mod and upload it as long as you give
me notice first.
As my inbox is closed at the moment, if you are a modder that wants permission to use anything in
this mod - please go ahead! All I ask is credits (as listed above). Best of luck with your mod. :)