Last updated at 21:12, 20 Apr 2015 Uploaded at 18:07, 19 Mar 2012
A mod by SparrowPrince
Try this Hairy Furry pelt add-on by Nazenn!
The Ruffled Feather is a collection of nearly all my mods. The mods and options for those mods have been hand selected to provide the best combinations. The collection brings with it an all-in-one installer and improvements to nearly all included mods. Many of the included mods have been re-built from the ground up and new mods have also been added.
Included in the collection:
- WATER + DLC: All water types have been re-made with new water textures and improved files. Now includes RND patches! All your favourite optionals are still included though (see note below).
Note: All optionals are included in the main WATER file bar a few (like water colours and ice, of which, is its own mod now). I feel this makes
WATER seem less messy and more complete. The plants plugin is now included in the main installation. You can remove it or simply untick the ESP if you do not wish to use it. Dragonborn Waves plugin is now included as default under the regular and legendary plugins which include Dragonborn. The resolution for WATER surface textures are now medium as it saves a lot of VRAM and the textures don't look much different from their 'high' counterparts. Colour and strength options have been balanced into the default plugins for the best combination. The Falskarr plugin and RND patches are now included, as well.
SMIM users should not overwrite this mod if you want animated blacksmith troughs and wetter-looking rocks.
- 3D-2D Fence: A 3D looking, high-quality texture replacer for woven fences. You must overwrite mods like SMIM for them to appear in-game. Performance + over similar mods due to the illusion of 3D.
- Argonian Access: Previously "Riften Canal Exit", this mod allows access in and out of Riften via both canal gates. Improved over previous versions and no performance loss.
- Better Dynamic Snow: Makes the snow that covers most architecture actually have a texture instead of being pure white. No performance loss. SMIM users need to overwrite BDS files.
- Decrease Those Plants: Reduces the meshes of a lot of plants and is compatible with mods like SFO. This is a performance enhancing mod. The mod mainly reduces grass, and dead foliage. It's main purpose is to reduce plants whilst keeping the visuals
intact so your game runs faster and you notice little change in density.
- Hairy Furry Pelts: Gives fur pelt rugs 3D hairs! Pelts are only used indoors so performance loss will be super low to not noticeable at all. Vanilla or HRDLC pelts much be used with this mod.
- I Hold Silver: A mod actually made by a 9 year old with some guidance, of course. Gives the silver bar a unique, softer looking texture and a new mesh. Slight texture size increase, but nothing crazy. Very very minor VRAM usage increase.
- Just-Ice: Fantasy-looking ice. Originally a WATER optional, but now separated into it own mod. 2k texture sizes with a 1k normal. Most other landscape files you use are this size or more so a slight VRAM increase, obviously.
- Moss Rocks: Covers some hand-selected rocks in moss for more nature! Uses SMIM files by default and 2k textures like the above ice mod.
- Smoking Hot Load FX: Originally "Smoking Hot Main Menu", this mod replaces the mist on all loading screens with fire. It has been improved over previous versions and has no performance loss as it only affects load screens.
- Terrain Bump: Mainly for vanilla textures, but can be used with other replacers. This mod makes the terrain look more 3D and comes with a reduced file size from old versions! No VRAM increase over vanilla.
- Suped-Up Stalhrim: Originally "Stalhrim of Skyrim", this mod improves the look of stalhrim deposits. This version now includes even better meshes than the previous versions! 1k textures with improved meshes over vanilla. Very very small performance loss if any at all.
- Sweetnuts: Thought up and partially textured by the same 9 year old from "I Hold Silver", this mod replaces sweetrolls with a donut-esque model. 512px textures and slightly more polygons. Very minimal performance hit if any at all.
- Vibrant Auroras: Increases the auroral colours by 2 fold. No performance loss.
- Sparrows Mountain and Rocks: Added a replacement to Bigger and Boulder. This mod adheres to the vanilla style in colour and tone, whilst adding a twist to the bump texture, giving the rocks a stacked-shelf effect. 2k textures with 1k parallax maps (parallax meshes not included). This may not be for everyone as it changes the look of the rocks quite drastically (tastes do differ though of course, so please try it out first).
- Red Mountain Particle Plume: This mod replaces the static slug-like eruption smoke of Red Mountain in the Dragonborn DLC. It adds dynamic particles which spawn in various sizes, making the gigantic plume of ash look somewhat more volatile. The mod contains no plugin, no scripts, and is compatible with other volcano mods such as Red Mountain Erupts. No performance loss.
- Enhanced Distant Terrain: Simply improves the look of terrain in the distance. Now also includes Enhanced Distant Terrain 2 files in the main mod and the Dragonborn files as an optional for those users. No performance loss bar a super microscopic VRAM increase. SFO also should overwrite EDT as I made it compatible. Now with A Quality World Map compatibility options.
See the bottom of the Changelog for all Enhanced Distant Terrain version changes.
From any older version please save your game, totally uninstall the mod and re-install it again.
Clean saves are recommended! To do a clean save just create a new save instead of over-writing
any of your current ones.
See HERE for details.
See the Changelog above for all version changes.
- FOMOD option for installing the entire mod compilation.
It is recommended you use a mod manager to install The Ruffled Feather. Stable versions of Mod Organizer, Nexus Mod Manager, and Wrye Bash are supported. This is not an all-in-one mod! The included installer will allow users to select and install only the mods wanted from the compilation.
The Ruffled Feather is known to be compatible with the following:
- Skyfalls (check Skyfalls page for details)
- Water Parallax effect for ENB users
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM)
- Skyrim particle patch for ENB users is included in all files
- Changes from the USKP have been forwarded