Last updated at 11:19, 13 Dec 2014 Uploaded at 4:07, 20 Mar 2012
A mod by SparrowPrince AKA OpticShooter.
Video by RichardPellets
This mod enhances Skyrim's water with all new textures, meshes, effects, general fixes, cosmetic fixes, and also new content.
No more pixelated water, higher resolution textures for things like foam and rain, enhancements to waterfall flow and visual
effects, blacksmith trough animation fix (compatible with SMIM) and much more! A continuation of previous work by isoku this
mod will achieve regular updates and expansion.
- Oceans, lakes, rivers, marshes, and creeks each with a unique ebb and flow.
- Added effects to waterfalls like more foam and splash effects.
- Foam, rain and water drop ripples replaced with high resolution textures.
- More transparent shorelines during clear weather.
- Various water textures to choose from.
- ENB water parallax compatible.
- Reduced excessive splashing of objects in water. (Optional)
- New wetter looking rocks near and in water. (Optional)
- Animated blacksmith trough water. (Optional)
- Water plants and water-based ingredients. (Optional)
- Frozen water puddles. (Optional)
- Animated row boats. (Optional)
- Water mist whilst raining (Optional).
- Dragonborn add-ons with waves. (Optional)
- Dawnguard add-on. (Optional)
- Falskaar add-on. (Optional)
- Bug fixes and performance tweaks.
LATEST UPDATESFrom any older version please save your game, totally uninstall the mod and re-install it again.Clean saves are recommended. To do a clean save just create a new save instead of over-writingany of your current ones. See HERE for details.Versions 1.1 and up require Skyrim 1.5 or later. For previous versions of Skyrim, use WATER 1.0.
If you are not running a mod installer like NMM!
Please see included "Read Me" file contained within the mod for detailed instructions.
Alternate Animated Blacksmith Trough by rolloLG.
This simply adds real looking water (with refraction ect.) to the blacksmith troughs. Some
people may also remember that W.A.T.E.R used to have this kind of real trough water in the
past. Currently W.A.T.E.R uses a different kind of animated water because it is fully compatible
with other mods and future updates to the game. I recommend this mod though if you are
REALLY adamant about your water. Check it out!
- Dragonborn compatible.
- Dawnguard compatible.
- Falskaar compatible.
- Realistic Needs compatible. No patch required.
- Skyfalls compatible (check Skyfalls page).
- Compatible with the water parallax effect for ENB users.
- SMIM compatible troughs and water rocks.
- Skyrim particle patch for ENB users included.
- Changes carried over from ESMs and USKP.
FULL CREDITSSparrowPrince - Main WATER developer.isoku - Original implementation and base.wr_berg - Support and NMM installer (no longer active).Gruftlord - General help with various plugin related things I'm too thick to understand.
elliottgraniteo - For Sir Crabalot.
Natureboy7 - Sound file placement on the waves plugin.
DeadManPlaying - Managing this mod on Steam.
AstroCat - WATER Developer and support (no longer active).
MontyModMonster - Support (no longer active).
GraceDarkling - Cube map resource.
Everyone who has provided critiques and suggestions.
Use on a 'as is' basis unless I say otherwise. I give full permission for anyone to use or upload
this mod as long as full credits are given to me as the original author. Please do not steal or
claim my work as your own. It is very degrading to me and other people who put in hours of
their own time for the community. You can translate this mod and upload it as long as you give
me notice first.
As my inbox is closed at the moment, if you are a modder that wants permission to use anything in
this mod - please go ahead! All I ask is credits (as listed above). Best of luck with your mod. :)