Last updated at 18:00, 28 Jan 2013 Uploaded at 23:34, 12 Mar 2012
Current Version 1.3
I found the default compass sizing to be rather large, so I decided to scale it down, but maintain the same length as Vanilla.
I manually resized all the HUD elements of the compass to 120% of their original length, and then scaled the whole shebang down 20% on both the X and Y axis. Now we have a smaller compass, but with the same viewing area.
*** NEWS ***
After an extended wait, I have finally removed the disappearing HUD while riding on a horse. Thank you for your patience!
A Note about Compatibility:
As far as I know, this mod should work with any mod that doesn't provide its own version of "hudmenu.gfx". I know Gopher's iHud uses the script extender and does not modify the HUD at all, and such is safe to use with this mod. I believe SkyUI is the same, but I have not tested it myself.
Installation with NMM:
Activate the mod, and enjoy!
Copy "Interface\exported\hudmenu.gfx" from the 7zip to your "Data\Interface\exported" directory. You'll most likely need to create the "exported" directory.
NO MORE HORSE BUG!
Look ma! I have a compass!
- Back to a standard version, as the iHud specific one is no longer necessary.
*** Please Note: ***
This version still has the disappearing HUD bug while on horseback. I'm currently working on a fix.
- Added iHud support!
- Now with NMM installer
- Initial release, after many frustrating Flash, SWiX, Illustrator, SoThink, and XVI sessions
Thanks and Credits:
- Gopher, for allowing me to edit his .swf file for iHud compatibility, as well as his coding advice. Check out his Immersive HUD mod.
- Orava for publishing his SWF and GFX Guide. This is what got me started.
- Everyone who tries it out, comments, endorses, or even just thinks about it at dinner - I appreciate it!