Last updated at 4:10, 29 Nov 2016 Uploaded at 18:18, 17 Feb 2012
IMPORTANT: If you use Better Sorting mod by Headbomb, switch to Sharlikrans Compatibility Patches version of Better Sorting, it fixes a few problems with that mod and diminishes/eliminates CTDs.
Yet another rename books mod. I know there are a couple of mods that do the same around the nexus, but I made this for myself and thought I should share. I liked the idea of Better Skill Books, but I'm also using SkyUI (which makes the inventory have smaller fonts), so I wanted the books to have the entire skill name at the begining.
Basically it renames books to show the skills asociated with them at the begining of the book's name, some examples:
- (Alchemy) A Game at Dinner
- (Alteration) Daughter of the Niben
- (Archery) The Gold Ribbon of Merit
- (Block) Death Blow of Abernanit
- (Conjuration) The Doors of Oblivion
- (Destruction) Horror of Castle Xyr
- (Enchanting) Enchanter's Primer
- (Heavy Armor) Hallgerd's Tale
- (Illusion) Incident at Necrom
- (Light Armor) The Rear Guard
- (Lockpicking) The Locked Room
- (One-Handed) The Importance of Where
- (Pickpocket) Purloined Shadows
- (Restoration) Withershins
- (Smithing) The Armorer's Challenge
- (Sneak) Three Thieves
- (Speech) A Dance in Fire, Vol. 6
- (Two-Handed) Words and Philosophy
- (Map Markers) An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim
- (Map Markers) Daynas Valen's Notes
- (Map Marker) Deathbrand *
- (Map Marker) Individual prefix for several notes and letters that add 1 map marker each.
- (Quest) The Legend of Red Eagle
- (Quest) Lost Legends
- (Quest) Boethiah's Proving
- (Quest) Sinderion's Field Journal
- (Quest) The Aetherium Wars **
- (Quest) Ahzidal's Descent *
- (Quest) Lusty Argonian Maid Folio *
** Available with Dawnguard
- Hearthfire: Note that Hearthfire is not required for this mod, none of the books added by this DLC are skill books, quest books, or map marker books.
What version of Better Sorting mod should you use?
I use Better Sorting mod so I made it compatible with it, but I also uploaded a vanilla version if you want to use it without that mod (though in vanilla the names in the inventory will probably be cut off for being too long). Be aware that the version of Better Sorting I use is the one fixed by Sharlikran, NOT the original one made by Headbomb (this one has some errors in it caused by the mod being made before the CK was available, which were fixed by Sharlikran). My mod will work fine with both Better Sorting mods, but you should use Sharlikran's, since it will help you diminish/eliminate potential conflicts and/or CTDs.
(Category: 130 - UI - Information)
Two alternatives, choose one:
1st. Fancy NMM installer! Click the DOWNLOAD WITH MANAGER button. Activate with the NMM. Includes two choices:
- Skyrim Only
- Skyrim + DLC (Dawnguard)
- Better Skill and Quest Books Names - BS (this one is compatible with Better Sorting, load it AFTER Better Sorting plugins).
- Better Skill and Quest Books Names (plain vanilla version)
Currently available in:
French - courtesy of Lokyeee
German - courtesy of Do8888
Polish - courtesy of Zohrokey
Russian - courtesy of ExImIeR (from RiotPixels)
Spanish - courtesy of DaniAlbrtSancEs
You have my permission to translate this mod if the translation will be uploaded to the Nexus. I only ask that you let me know, and that you send me the link so I can include your translation in this description (as well as credit you, of course). If you want to upload it to other sites, ask me first via PM, I'll probably say yes but don't take my permission for granted.
If any of the translations are outdated, please ask the translators to update them. If you know how to do it yourself, go ahead and then send me a link to the updated version.
As a general rule, any mod that changes or modifies skill/quest/map marker books names won't be compatible with my mod.
- Unread Books Glow (by duggelz): this mod is compatible with mine, the books I edited will show the (Skill), (Quest) or (Map Marker) prefix, and also the (Unread) suffix.
You don't like my version? No problem, here are a couple of alternatives:
- Grinmir (@ DeviantArt): for providing the old books image for the title.
- Kyujiko (@ DeviantArt): for providing the image in the title's background.
- LSiwora (aka Lunanella): for providing the image in the installer last page.