Last updated at 19:32, 11 Nov 2012 Uploaded at 13:12, 17 Feb 2012
Finding the normal torches a bit too dull to match your mood? Then this is for you. Liven up your dungeon exploring and monster slaying with some color! Remember that special occasion when you thought "oh man! some purple light would make my day."? Probably not, but that day might come, and you better be prepared.
My other mods
Available on Steam Workshop!
Currently these types of torches are added:
* Fire Salt Torch (Red light)
* Frost Salt Torch (Blue/cyan light)
* Void Salt Torch (Purple light)
* Glow Dust Torch (Greenish light)
They last twice as long as normal torches and should illuminate a slightly bigger area. The prefered thing would be to be able to craft them, using the ingredient that's in the name along with wood and linen cloth, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to make any light emitting item craftable. So instead they can currently be found inside a chest in the "Hall of the Dead" in Whiterun or in many places where there previosly would be a normal torch. Instead of finding a normal torch, carried by a guard for example, any of the new torches or the original one can be found. Which one is randomly chosen.
I put this mod together pretty quickly to try some things out and it isn't really a "serious" project. So don't expect that much updates or support. The mod is more of a "fun" addition if to the game, that hopefully someone might appreciate.
* Some people may need to add the line "bEnableFileSelection=1" in the [Launcher] section of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, in "My documents/My Games/Skyrim/".
Nexus Mod Manager
- Press the "Download with manager" button for the files you want to download.
- When downloaded, activate the mod in the "mods" tab.
- Make sure that the added .esp files are checked in the "Plugins" tab.
- Download the archive.
- Copy over the contents of the "Data" folder to the Skyrim data folder.
- Make the game load the esp by checking the tick-box next to the newly added esp in the Nexus Mod Manager. (There are several other ways to enable the plugin file, I recommend using NMM.)
Nexus Mod Manager
- Deactivate the mod in the mod manager.
- Optionally remove the mod archive by pressing the X.
- Remove the ".esp" and ".bsa" file from the "Data" folder in your Skyrim directory.
Todo/Ideas (No promises or ETAs)
* Try to make them Craftable.
* More types.
Recommended mods to use along with this
Realistic Lighting - For making torches much more useful by darkening many locations.
* Might conflict with mods that changes the guards' equipment.
* Currently not Craftable.
* Some guards seem to get the holding torch animation without holding anything.
Changelog (DD.MM.YY!) (GMT+1)
1.2 - 18.03.12
* Torches sometimes not being held by guards could be fixed.
* Loading screen should appear even less often.
1.1 - 26.02.12
* Alternative version that will cause less conflicts.
* Added loading screen should appear a lot less often.
1.0 - 17.02.12
* Initial release.
You may distribute, modify, and use this mod and the attached files in the making of other mods IF you properly credit it to me (AeonVita).
The NifSkope developers (corwin, Alphax, m4444x, tazpn, wz, Shon, amorilia) - For making NifSkope
TheFigment - For releasing an updated version of TESSnip made for Skyrim
Timeslip - For making FOMM and TESsnip
Bethesda Game Studios - For making Skyrim and the Creation Kit