written by migal130
8 October 2012 11:44:38
Installation Instructions for BBLS 5.1
All the instructions you see here are for installation using NMM (Nexus Mod Manager). If you think you are more fit than NMM to keep track of this mod's 1,326 files in 94 different folders (BBLSv5.1), then you don't need my help learning how to install a mod manually.
Get Nexus Mod Manager here:
=== Brand New Installation -- BBLS Never Installed Before
1. Go to the BBLS downloads page and in the Main Downloads section, choose either the Bathing Beauties version or the Bathing Beefcake version of BBLS. The Beauties version comes with seven female NPCs and one male guard. The Beefcake version comes with 7 male NPCs and the same male guard. An additional female guard can be hired in either version, after your character reaches a certain level and your Speech has surpassed 35. Her name is Hreiri and she visits the Suite as a female customer on Middas (Wednesday), sometime in the morning, through lunch.
If you want a mixed sex version of the Suite, download either the Beauties version or the Beefcake version, then tell an innkeeper to find three new NPCs to live in the Suite. You can also ask up to six followers to live in the Suite, in addition to housecarls and spouses. It is quite possible to create a very equally mixed sex version of the Suite from either the Beauties or Beefcake mod.
2. Download and install the version you chose using NMM.
That's all there is to it. If you want the Suite residents to use Apachii SkyHair, read the article posted here, "What Does Apachii SkyHair for Suite Residents Do?"
=== Upgrading BBLS to a Newer Version
1. From the download page, in the Main Downloads section, choose either the Beauties or Beefcake version, whichever matches what you are already running.
2. Download using NMM, but don't tell NMM to immediately install.
3. Uninstall your old version of BBLS (the red arrow button in NMM). This can be done while you are downloading the new version.
4. If you were running the Apachii Hair for Suite Residents Add-on, uninstall it using the red arrow in NMM. This can be done while the new version of BBLS is downloading.
5. Tell NMM to install the new version of BBLS.
6. Download and install the latest version of the Apachii Hair for Suite Residents add-on mod, remembering to tell NMM to install normally (say "No" when it asks if you want to upgrade), and tell NMM to overwrite all files. The Apachii add-on needs to overwrite the vanilla NPCs that were installed when you upgraded BBLS.
=== Uninstalling BBLS
1. If you are running customers in the Luxury Suite, tell an innkeeper to stop taking male and female customers. This shuts the customer quests and scripts down.
2. If you have invited a spouse, housecarls, or followers to live in the Suite, tell them to go back to their old homes (you can tell your spouse to go live in any vanilla home). If you don't perform this step, it typically won't break anything, but it is the cleanest method.
3. If you are using the separate mod, Music and Dancing in the Luxury Suite, turn the music off.
4. Take your character somewhere outside the Suite.
5. Save your game, then exit Skyrim.
6. Uninstall the Apachii Hair for Suite Residents add-on, if you were using it.
7. Uninstall the Music and Dancing in the Luxury Suite mod, if you were using it.
8. Uninstall rip88's Classier Luxury Suite, if you were using it.
9. Uninstall Urshi's Hot BBLS Guys, if you were using it.
10. Uninstall PlasmaJedi's No Ore Ingots, if you were using it.
11. Uninstall PlasmaJedi's Map Marker Pack, if you were using it.
12. Uninstall Andragon's Display Room, if you were using it.
13. Uninstall BBLS.