Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.
DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.
Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.
Others may be a factor as well.
Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.
If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?
The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.
We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.
You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.
Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.
PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!
First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:
1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.
If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).
2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.
3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.
This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.
4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.
5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
Not sure where this could be occurring but I have been having issues with Enthir and Faralda being stuck in the hall of countenance breaking Enthir from selling. Probably the scene where he's suppose to ask about the dragons with Faralda. Only occurred after the completion of MG08. Removing anything and everything except USKP results in the same situation.
I'm not sure what could be done to stop that scene, since all the usual console commands result in them returning to their positions.
I Killed Madanach and he's Gang before we're about to take Markarth in witch Thonar and he's Wife are Saved to give a little more Life at the Treasury House, hence the Girl at the Desk is Alive aswell. Anyway, now Thonar Constantly stands at the spot where the Assualt was suppose to happen, plus the Dead Escaped Miner Briarhearts never clears.
The Quest marker at the Collage always directs me through the Archmage quarters instead of to the Library, plus everyone keeps walking through the Archmage Quarters instead of going through the Door leading to the Library.
Investigate the Boehethia Cultist still stuck in my Journal, even though im done already. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25274/?
Just saw an Imperial Prefect with a bunch of Falkreath Stormcloak Guards in the Cave where im going to get the Ebony Mail
I have the patches all installed, and they worked as intended, perfectly. But now yet again my conjuration is failing as before with the Atronach stone active. As if the patch isnt functioning for that, or the Aetheral crown either. WIll deleting the old Skyrim unofficial patch and reinstalling it fix this or is there something possibly conflicting with it?
Hi can anyone help me about receiving a SUM error when unofficial patches installed? i receive an error and reproccer doesnt patch. any clue? thanks
sum link - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29865/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D29865%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D884486&pUp=1
Would this qualify as a bug? Outside Blue Palace in Solitude:
No mods that affect Solitude or Blue Palace. Texture mods that might do that that I have installed are Bethesda HD textures and Skyrim HD 2k textures. Actually the latter has some Solitude textures but haven't looked at them closer.
I am running into a bug while doing the "Message to whiterun" quest on imperial's side, when I return Balgruff's axe to whiterun and report back to legate Cipius, he doesn't give me orders to prepare for battle and only greets with generic dialogues, "disable" then "enable" him does nothing, save at the point and then reload doesn't help either. I can use console command to end the quest but it won't start the next "Battle for whiterun" quest.
I have no mods that alter the civil war at all. Can you look into what causing the problem? Thank you!!
Greetings sir, I have read that the SoljundsSinkholeLocation is missing a keyword to enable Stormcloak guard replacements after the Civil War questline is over and I was unsure if it had been brought to your attention before. I also wanted to suggest maybe renaming the "Markarth City Guard"s to just Markarth Guard"s for consistency. Again, if I should be posting this and my other two posts on the bug tracker, somebody do let me know.