Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.
DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.
Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.
Others may be a factor as well.
Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.
If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?
The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.
We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.
You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.
Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.
PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!
First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:
1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.
If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).
2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.
3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.
This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.
4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.
5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
i was going a speed test a skyrim the bug i posted is........ the game spawns a giant instead of the framer hearding his cow it happens in around whiterun but i have also seen the giant and the cow appear in winterhold too or around the winterhold area as well is its defo a scripting bug
This is so confusing to download yet alone have to fix the broken file itself. I have an idea, not trying to sound rude, but. Update your file with said patch, we don't need an Unofficial Skyrim Patch: Patch. Two patches at once, it's unbearable.
This might be dumb to say but the highres and dawnguard patches are causing my game to crash after the bethesda logo. I have deactivated all other mods and tried it with these two patches individually and together. when they are deactivated the game starts up just fine. Please help!!!
I'm getting spam from WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT and WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT scripts in papyrus logs. It doesn't actually do anything, but it bloats logs. I'm sure it comes from this patch. as modorganizer says, that its overwritten by Unofficial Skyrim Patch and bu no other mods. Does it do something? Is it known bug here? I'm using latest Skyrim Legendary Edition and unofficial patches versions.
Help?! i wasn't able to start up my game and kept getting CTD's at the start of the main menu so i changed the load order and a few other thing i thought might work but nothing did. Then i looked at the plugin for this on NMM and it said this: "WARNING: This plugin has the file extension .esp. but its file header marks it as an esm!" Im not sure about how to fix this issue or if its what is causing my CTD's. Does anyone know how to fix this?
lol you claim your patches are not the reason of CTD while CTD started IMMEDIATELY after installing said patches And yes, my download order is right and I have the latest version of the game. And no, I don't have any other global mod running.