If you are having trouble with the USKP being listed with the ESP files and other mods claiming they're missing a master, you need to update to MO version 1.3.8 or higher. OLDER VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK.
If you cannot update MO because your OS is no longer supported, this is 2015, get a copy of Windows 7. Or use another mod manager that doesn't have this issue, like Wrye Bash or NMM.
(Yes, I mean Windows 7. I may be a jackass, but I'm not evil and won't suggest you get 8, 8.1, or 10.)
Get the author of the SkyProc patcher you're using to update their patcher files. The issues with SkyProc have been fixed for over a month now and there is no longer any excuse for them not being updated.
If the author of your patcher is inactive or refuses to update their work, you should strongly consider dropping their mods from your load order and finding current alternatives that are being properly maintained.
The old workaround is no longer something we recommend people do as they are routinely skipping steps and corrupting their games by using it, then blaming us for their errors.
Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.
DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.
Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.
Others may be a factor as well.
Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.
If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?
The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.
We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.
You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.
Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.
PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!
First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:
1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.
If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).
2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.
3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.
This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.
4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.
5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
6. Rude, abusive, trollish, or just plain untrue posts where it's obvious the poster is LYING will result in an immediate download block. Pick your words carefully people. We don't have to put up with you, and from now on, we simply won't. Trolls will also be forwarded to the moderators for appropriate action as needed.
Since updating to 2.1.3a I have this bug where shouts like Unrelenting Force sometimes dont fire straight but go off in random directions like straight into the ground or the top left or bottom right of the screen. I managed to replicate this 3 times by using god mode (tgm), aggro whiterun guards and spamming unrelenting force in first person, third person, when crouched, at different areas and different NPCs lots of times until it wouldnt fire straight. I couldnt replicate it in 2.1. Anyone else experienced this? It's really annoying when in combat so I went back to 2.1
Been using this mod for quite a bit. I've noticed that after the last couple patches, hostile animals eg: Cave Bears, Sabre Cats and the like spawns near small villages/ stables and started killing off npcs, is there a bug causing it to do so? Other than all the unofficial bug fixing mods, I don't use any other mods.
I am unable to get the Greybeards to do anything once I start speaking to them in "The Way of the Voice" quest. I speak with the leader, I shout at him, I speak to him again, then he takes his position in the lobby and nothing else happens. I understand that this patch fixed this some time ago but it has apparently cropped up again. Or it is interference from another mod, possibly AI Overhaul.
Uh here's a suggestion for USKP and you can decide if it fit's into their job description. Anyway I'm at Riften and I'm chopping wood, I get a few extra so I drop them on the ground, a few moments later half the town is gathered around the 2 pieces of firewood I dropped, and they are arguing and preparing to fight over who gets to keep the firewood, suddenly Aerin and his friend pull out their blades and just start laying into Brand Shei and leave him crawling and bloodied on the ground.
Well I think this is a little extreme for 2 pieces of firewood, perhaps the value of items NPCs will fight over could be raised to something a little more believable, like 100 or 200 gold. Cause anything valued less is just so common it doesn't make sense why the NPCs would be fighting over it. Ok discuss among yourselves.
I have a weird issue where the AI after this mod has turned dumb. I did a new game and a guy riding on a horse ran over the cart to go in front of us (strange) and I had to restart because the horse aimed for a tree (the horse carrying the cart). When I got to the gate nobody opened the door. WTF?
In my recent playthrough my character got married and I've noticed their store dialogue never appears and I'm unable to make store money. For the life of me I can't understand why since I never had this problem in old playthroughs and I was wondering if there's any way one of the unofficial patches might cause it? (Like maybe fixing something that was broken before and let me get gold when I shouldn't have) If not, I guess I'll have to try to figure it out, somehow. =x
During the thieves guild quest where you go to Honningbrew Meadery, at the end of the quest you get the key to the upstairs and told by the new owner to help yourself to anything up there basically. But of course taking anything up there marks it as stolen (upon which case a bit later the same character that gave you the key and now own it will buy it back!. So can you mark the stuff up there as not beloning to Sabjorn or whatever, since the door is quest-locked until you get the key anyway?