Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.
DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.
Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.
Others may be a factor as well.
Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.
If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?
The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.
We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.
You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.
Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.
PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!
First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:
1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.
If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).
2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.
3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.
This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.
4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.
5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
6. Rude, abusive, trollish, or just plain untrue posts where it's obvious the poster is LYING will result in an immediate download block. Pick your words carefully people. We don't have to put up with you, and from now on, we simply won't. Trolls will also be forwarded to the moderators for appropriate action as needed.
First of all, thanks for all your work and dedication, this is an essential MOD for every player.
Second, I would like to report a bug that I managed to track into this MOD. In the quest "I'll met by Moonlight" (Hircine's Ring), using the version USKP 2.0.8, when killing Sinding, his body disappear leaving only the quest mark for skin him but without any body to interact. Even using console commands to stage advance, the spirit of Hircine doesn't appear after to finish the quest. Deactivating this USKP 2.0.8 in the load order makes the quest run properly.
I have read in the changelog that this quest was tweaked in this version: "Ill Met By Moonlight (DA05) was not shutting down properly if the player chose to kill Sinding and skin him for the Savior's Hide. (Bug #18175)", so there is a chance that the fix isn't properly implemented.
I'm sorry if I'm maybe being an idiot, but for me, the mod doesn't seem to work, using the NMM. The Markarth City Banner remains unchanged, and I'm still having the placeholder ones, from the original game. I am also still having the strange purple textures for some objects, like those logs in Riften eg. Does anyone have an advice for me? Thanks
The fix of Bug #16959 that causes afflicted refugees (WEJS14) to be encountered more than once is anoying as hell.
Why are you even doing changes like that?
I dont like to see 2-4 afflicted refugees everytime i go from whiterun to solitude ...
Can you please do something with that? It really breaks immersion of game.
I know Im a bit late to this party, was just googling those afflicted refugees. Im getting WAY too many of these in my current run, its like half my random encounters. Will it go away once I do Perytes quest?
Does this patch changes text lines? I am playing this game in Italian and I wonder if there would be changes to English. It happenes some times that certain mods changes the name of locations. I haven't spotted which does it. It's kind of immersive-breaking.
Does Brother Verulus have a schedule? In this version of USKP, he seems to just stand in the same spot all the time near the two guards as you come into the keep. Previous versions seemed to have him in or near the Hall of the Dead. The place is open now.
I'm having an issue with the USKP conflicting with another mod. I was going to report it on the bug tracker as listed in the description, but it seems to be messed up at the moment, as I was not permitted to report a bug even after creating an account (and no existing bugs showed up).
I use a mod from Steam Workshop called "Wear Circlets with Hoods" by BlueRadley. It used to do its job just fine, but after I installed USKP and the all the other unofficial patches, wearing both the Aetherial Crown and Nazir's unique Redguard Hood causes only the Crown to show up on my (Khajiit male) character. I still technically had both items equipped according to the items menu, but they no longer both showed up. I deactivated all the other unofficial patches when I noticed this to make sure it was the base USKP, and it was. Disabling the USKP caused the previous behavior of the game to be restored, where both the hood and circlet would show up at once. The Wear Circlets with Hoods mod was already being loaded after the USKP, but I tried putting it dead last in my load order to test, and still the problem remained.
I don't know what exactly in the USKP would cause this, as I don't see any fixes in the changelog related to this item either. There was something about the Mythic Dawn hood, I believe, being worn with a circlet, that's all I noticed. I hope the USKP can resolve the conflict with this mod. If not, maybe it's the responsibility of the author of Wear Circlets with Hoods; I don't know.
I have probably played about 2000 hours, and for a long time things have not been working like they used to when the game first began.
I don't get the khajjit caravan outside Whiterun anymore. Nor do I get salmon respawning in some river places anymore. I did have a problem with dragons not repawning in the usual places (until I installed the More Dragons mod). Plus, I am currently using the Flora Respawn Fix.
I don't know if any of it can be fixed, or even whether anyone knows what I am talking about, or that they should waste time trying out find.
Okay, this is going to sound like a rather newbish question, but when I download the new version, 2.0.8, what do I need to do to get it to replace 2.0.7? Do I need to do anything to remove the old one, or is it automatic? I'm not very tech savvy. Although if Hircine's quest is glitching, I may wait to download, since I need to do that quest on my current character.