Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.
DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.
Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.
Others may be a factor as well.
Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.
If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?
The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.
We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.
You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.
Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.
PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!
First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:
1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.
If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).
2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.
3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.
This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.
4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.
5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
6. Rude, abusive, trollish, or just plain untrue posts where it's obvious the poster is LYING will result in an immediate download block. Pick your words carefully people. We don't have to put up with you, and from now on, we simply won't. Trolls will also be forwarded to the moderators for appropriate action as needed.
Whenever I install the patches it makes the lip syncing of characters to be off. As in what they are saying doesn't match up with their mouth. Usually it's a small delay but it's definitely noticeable. Throughout a conversation the syncing will be correct but then will start to not match up and then eventually will match up again. Anyone else have this problem?
When I tried to get the Raven Rock Mine word wall, I hear sizzling and music, but instead of just one of the words being blue and coming off of the wall, all of the words are red and won't come off the wall.
I love the work you guys did, it's an awesome job, and i'm sure the whole community is very grateful! (And it made the game smoother for sure)
On my part, I had a problem with a quest, to become Thane of Dawnstar:
- I got the quest to kill a giant at level 21 from a innkeeper. - I finished the Waking Nightmare quest. - I killed the giant after leveling to level 22 and talked to the jarl.
Now he doesn't offer me the quest to help the people of Dawnstar/become thane, and I'm sure it is because I didn't take the quest directly from him. He does reward me and let me conclude the quest, but that's it.
I looked around the internet and it seems other people had the same problem...
Not enough paved road? People are opening that section now to look over with fine-tooth combs. Do you have any sound overhauls? I'm using the audio overhaul 2. I'll have to go by there.
I was able to spot the behaviour by fast travelling to the Sload, then following the dirt track to the left up until it joined the paved track. At that junction, the waves abruptly ceased, and the music faded out shortly after. I'm not so sure it occurs when approaching this spot from other directions.
You also followed this route near the end of your video, and I believe you reproduced the sound drop out just after 2:57. The waves just "stop", the last remaining wind sound effect finishes, then that's it until you reached the snow area further up the hill. I believe if you'd stayed put on the junction you'd've heard nothing more other than your own movements (though it's possible your sound overhaul might make a lier out of me, and... was that a bird standing next to your horse??).
I think you'd find it a lot easier to recognise the spot if you turned the game's background music on, as it also quickly fades out on the junction. You can walk away, let new music start, then walk back and it'll stop to be replaced with... nothing, at least, not until you go somewhat past the crossroad. If you're interested, there's some further discussion here.
Hello esteemed USKP peoples I have a bug report for you to see if you guys can fix this one... Just up the path from the Dainty Sload Bandit Ship docked just South of the Solitude Lighthouse, is a part of the map that receives no ambient sound or music until you move further up the hill or further toward Solitude Docks. It cuts out completely so you can only hear your character perform actions and nothing more. This can be duplicated regardless of my mods on any game.
Here is the location: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379738832
How can i merge this mod with appearance mods? Which should win in separate blocks like OBND, VMAD, Factions, QNAM, Tint Layers, Head parts, Face parts, etc? There is a lots of conflict in every appeareance mods like Ethernal Elven Overhaul.
There Is A Bookshelf To The Left Of The Ratway Vaults Door In The Raggon Flagon, which Prevents Npc's From Being Able To Go To Sleep And Prevents The Player From Walking Back To The Bedroom Area, that should be disabled, Pretty Big Messup On Bethesdas Part I Think, im surprised this hasnt been fixed yet this a pretty glaring horrible object placement
In The Blue Castle There Is A Piece Of Lavender That Still Says Steal, Even After Your Liked, In A Urn Right When You Walk In The Castle
There Is Hanging Moss Too Close To The Wall Making It Unlootable In Solitude, Right Behind Erikur's Basement Door
Maul In Riften, Repeats "Hey Get Over Here I Need To Talk To You, Even After You Talked To Him About Everything
When First Getting To Whiterun the guards repeats "Halt" and forces the character in dialogue even after talking to him and gaining permission to enter the city
Installing this now for some reason messes up lighting on mountain/rock surfaces. I have nothing else installed so it is definitely this. I have not noticed this in the past so what gives? The effect looks like shadows and dark lines moving quickly over the surface randomly.
Its worse when my character is moving btw. I consider this mod a must have but I cant play the game with this happening, so can someone please help me out?
After completing the companions quest line and becoming Harbinger, Aela gives me the Retrieval quest - find another piece of wuuthrad. She should give another radiant quest or give quest for Totems of Hircine.
If you're most skilled in light armour, the armour you get as a gift from the Jarl of Whiterun after one of the first quests for him, is always a piece of Studded Imperial Armour - at least in my game... Considering that Whiterun is supposed to be neutral, it doesn't seem right that he'd have Legion Armour in his armory (he says specifically 'gift from my personal armoury'). I dunno if this has to do With the Legion armour being added to leveled lists or something, but IMO it'd seem more realistic to not have it as an option in this case, given Whiterun's neutral status.