Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.
DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.
Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.
Others may be a factor as well.
Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.
If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?
The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.
We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.
You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.
Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.
PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!
First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:
1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.
If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).
2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.
3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.
This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.
4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.
5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
6. Rude, abusive, trollish, or just plain untrue posts where it's obvious the poster is LYING will result in an immediate download block. Pick your words carefully people. We don't have to put up with you, and from now on, we simply won't. Trolls will also be forwarded to the moderators for appropriate action as needed.
Arthmoor, you know I love your work, and that I'd marry you for making Skyrim amazing (as well as smothering you in your sleep for making it so addictive :-/) and you know I'm probably the most inexperienced and technology averse person you'll ever see, so I had some questions.
I'm pretty sure I closed my Yahoo account down and can't access my bug reporting account thingy, on the website I forgot the name of, so I have a few questions for you pretty please with a cherry on top. I'm not sure if some count as bug fixes that could be fixed as part of USKP or if some are CFR as additions/cuts etc?
- On every single play through, when I go to the Dead Man's Drink, Valga spams 'you need to leave' and 'you need to leave now'. She stops when I talk to her. I always have a follower. Sometimes Faendal and sometimes Jenassa. The last time she was looking at me, not my follower, so I think it's me she has a problem with . 0 bounty etc, she stops asking me to leave if I sell her some food or rent a room.
- I hate Njada Stonearm with a passion, and she annoys me even more by constantly saying 'I'm still trying to figure out why Skjor let you in in the first place'. Should she be saying this when you meet Aela, Ria and Farkas at Pelagia Farm, get told to report to the 'leader', speak to Kodlak, get tested by Vilkas, go to Eorland and then Aela, before being shown to your quarters by Farkas? Why does she act like Skjor made the choice when you could potentially have never spoken to him up to that point?
- At Anoriath's market stall, two of his items are not marked as 'steal' and can be taken freely. One salmon and one rabbit can be harvested (I think they're 0005B2B1 (second item from right, a salmon, and 000BEEB, first item from the right, a rabbit).
- I haven't done any research into it but are Belathor and Ysolda friends or something? I've never seen them interact but as soon as you complete Ysolda's rare item hunt (by stealing the mammoth tusk in the Bannered Mare and giving her it ), Belathor suddenly decides you can loot low value items from his store, even though he seems to have no connection to Ysolda. I tested it three times with new toons and he only allows this upon completion of her specific item request.
- I've checked on the same three playthroughs as mentioned and not once did my Whiterun Stormcloak Camp have a blacksmith. Is that normal? I was too low level for vampires and hadn't done any dragon quests and the full camp was intact bar the blacksmith. It has the gear, workbench etc, just no vendor. I checked the wiki sites and can't see any mention of it under a trivia or bug section.
- At low level you can steal Lod's private letter for Dengeir. At a higher level he will ask you to kill his ancestor-vampire Vighar. I've never had a letter or anything from Dengeir when I turn level xx (20?) to ask me to stop by Falkreath, but a new dialogue option comes up, however it doesn't make much sense, it just says something like 'what did you need from me?' or something, without him ever mentioning he has another job for me. Is that normal?
- Brill mentions different things about how Vignar saved him from alcoholism etc, however occasionally Brill will sound drunk and say he's down to the last of his spirits, asking you to do him a kindess and get him some, although you cannot give him a drink like the other drunks (and he probably doesn't have a 'my favourite drinking buddy' voice line recorded). Should he be saying the latter when he's been talking about Vignar saving him from the booze earlier?
- On my necromancer, I was approached by a 'challenger' just outside of Kraldar's House in Winterhold, who wanted a magic duel. I used a bound sword when he stopped using spells and came at me melee and he kept spamming 'you're cheating' or 'this is a magic duel, you know, with m-a-g-I-c', something like that...but he used an actual iron dagger and called me a cheat for using a spell :-S. On the complete flip side of that, if I use bound sword to smack Vilkas during Take Up Arms, he correctly shouts at me for using magic, although a bound sword is still a sword IMHO , but he recognises the difference between spell/actual weapon.
- Finally, and sorry for the long wall, can the thieving system be fixed in terms of stacks? If you steal from a crate that contains, say, 10 Honningbrew Meads, only the first of that stack of 10 will be flagged as stolen, meaning the other 9 can be sold to non-fences. I think I read about it somewhere and it might not be fixable, but I may also have just dreamt that, because I am senile.
Are you able to advise/log/fix pretty please? Thanks for your time.
As you can tell, I'm sad, have no life, and like this game far too much to be normal :-/.
From what I can tell I'm suppose to be able to invest in either Taarie or endarie in Radiant raiment, yet I never even get the option to buy, let alone invest in Taarie. The only way I am ever able to buy and invest in Taarie is if I've killed endarie, making it pretty much impossible to get her as marriageable without cheating or metagaming with assassination.
Not sure if this mod is the culprit, though according to the wiki it does change something in the way her shop is handled. Any suggestions or ideas what the problem is?
Hi, Arthmoor, maybe I don't know about how hard it is to make and modify this patch, but it'll be really nice to have the vanilla pickpocket trainer exploit back, because in real life a fat sack of gold don't just vanish in people's pockets, so it's not really a bug that needs fixing. If you can make another version of USKP that doesn't remove payment from trainers pockets, that'll be really great. Thanks.
I know that reanimation staffs were changed recently, so that reanimated dead from those staffs turn into ash after dying again. However, was something altered with the Ebony Blade recently? The quest won't update, either in the journal nor in Mephala's dialogue (she offers dialogue that friends have been killed, not that 10 have) even after killing 10 friends.
not sure if anyone still checks this but i have an issue. I have slowly started to mod skyrim and i found that when i have this mod installed and activated I lose sound of weapons striking stuff. Mod load order: Skyrim.esm Update.esm Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Dawngaurd.Esm Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp HearthFires.esm Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Dragonborn.esm Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp HighResTexturePack01.esp HighResTexturePack02.esp HighResTexturePack03.esp Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix.esp SkyUI.esp SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
I deactivated them one by one till my weapon sound came back and when i got my sound back after deactivating this mod i went back and activated all the other mode that was not dependent of this one and i have sound. Now the thing that has me scratching my head is that i have used this mod before with no issues with these mods. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks