Comments (10681)

Comments locked
The author of this mod has locked this comment topic for the time being

View forum thread Comments locked
  1. premium

Arthmoor 2110 kudos 11367 posts

USLEEP is now live. As was mentioned months ago, we are now closing the comment sections on the individual patch files as they are no longer being supported. Please direct all further inquiries to the USLEEP file entry.
  2. premium

Arthmoor 2110 kudos 11367 posts

Errors During NMM Installation

If you get the following error:

BOSS_API_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS: Master files must load before other plugins. The mod was not installed.

You need to perform the following steps:

- Uninstall and delete all the Unofficial patches in NMM.
    - Exit NMM.
    - Launch NMM again.
    - Download and install all of the updated Unofficial patches.
    - Run LOOT to sort your load order.

Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls

Make sure your load order is right!

Skyrim.esm
    Update.esm
    USKP
    Dawnguard.esm
    UDGP
    Hearthfires.esm
    UHFP
    Dragonborn.esm
    UDBP
    [Other ESMs]
    Official hi-res DLC
    UHRP
    [Other ESPs]

Use LOOT - you'll enjoy life more.

Loose Scripts in Data\Scripts

Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.

DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.

Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.

Others may be a factor as well.

Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.
  1. member

naviprostar 0 kudos 97 posts

Does this mod include bug fix from other mod like walking Mannequin fix, brawl bug patch, etc?

member

Capostrophic 9 kudos 515 posts

In response to post #30057945.

Spoiler

It doesn't for Brawl Bugs Patch, because there are some reasons for not including its scripts in USKP.
    There _are_ mannequin scripts in USKP's bsa, though I'm not sure if they fix mannequins walking.
    Anyway, these are recommended bugfixes in addition to UP series. Some fixes cannot be included in UPs 'cause, again, reasons.

premium

Arthmoor 2110 kudos 11367 posts

In response to post #30057945. #30058675 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Mannequins walking is generally a sign of one of two things:

1. The location they're in has bad navmeshes. (we fixed all the vanilla + DLC occurrences of this)
    2. Heavy script lag. (vanilla + DLC have no scenarios where this applies)

So the only real way you'd get this at this point is from a mod that either has poor navmeshing indoors under where the mannequins go, or has far too many of them in the cell.

It's also worth making sure you don't have house mods that included mannequin scripts thinking they were fixing the problem only to make it worse, not better.
  2. member

2ndWind 1 kudos 105 posts

I have 2 small things to report. Using patch 2.1.3b
    [edit] Scratch that, it's only 1 thing. [/edit]

For the civil war questline I was riding to the Winterhold Imperial Camp (I sided with the empire).

One)
    *removed -- was not an issue*

Two)
    Unlike in the previous missions in the civil war questline, this time there was no marker on the head of Legate Rikke. I believe it's a bug, as the marker was there in the previous 2 missions to regain the Pale first and the Rift then. And, I'm not too sure about it, but shouldn't there be a specific quest that would tell me to go to the Winterhold Imperials Camp?
    There isn't any this time -- and the missing marker on Rikke's head would be placed by this quest I reckon.
    Can I correct it in some way?
  3. member

daventry 28 kudos 5844 posts

I was killing off People just for fun, when i got a Journal Update that i must Report to Skulvar, yet theres no Dialogue or anything, but the Quest Arrow is stuck on him.
    premium

Arthmoor 2110 kudos 11367 posts

In response to post #30008055.

Spoiler

Quests that trigger that way only do so via courier notes. Not by spawning an arrow directly over the NPC without a reason. You would have known exactly why you were sent, and there's nothing in the vanilla dialogue that can be blocked when one of them is active.
  4. supporter

Faelrin 34 kudos 1066 posts

So I'm still using the USLEEP beta, and I've got some odd issues, that I'm assuming are vanilla bugs, and I'm not sure if they're strictly Hearthfire issues or not, or even vanilla bugs. Load order is small, but its this: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm, Dragonborn.esm, Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, SkyUI.esp, Footprints.esp, Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, and lastly Alternate Start - New Beginnings.esp.

So right after getting my start chosen, I go do the fetch quest for Sylgja and then marry her. After a bit of mining, fetch quests, picking crops for farmers, and saving enough I get Lakeview Manor built and go to her to move her in. When I go to tell her to move, she no longer has the dialogue for the homecooked meal (even though its been more then a day), and after her moving it has not returned. She's also constantly mining at the clay out front, but I'm assuming that's due to her packages. At least the store profit and the option to sell things work after moving her to Lakeview Manor. Though was she supposed to have these options at her house?

She's also doing this odd thing where it looks like she's walking slightly backwards to the side, but in place, all around the yard, and inside the house. I'm not sure what could have caused this. I can take a screenshot of it if needed. Those are the only things I've run into so far trying out USLEEP and minimal mods. Well, technically there's also the flora respawn bug, but that's because I decided to not use a fix for that on this new game, so that one's on me.
  5. member

ehchung7 1 kudos 41 posts

is there anyone has texture flickring bugs at the riften ratway? i have 3 places where have that bugs.
    http://imgur.com/iAYhlxn (ratway vault)
    http://imgur.com/5qwBxsJ (ratway warren)
    http://imgur.com/wlcVI4E (ratway)
    member

blackpete8427 13 kudos 576 posts

In response to post #30000070.

Spoiler

If you could provide RefIDs of an object near where the flickering occurs (in all three instances) we might be able to fix them, but with only screenshots it would more than likely be too difficult to locate the areas with the problem.
    member

ehchung7 1 kudos 41 posts

In response to post #30000070. #30025055 is also a reply to the same post.

thanks for replying

ratway - 000eabf6, 000eabf5

ratway vault - 000a3cb6, 000a3cb7

ratway warren - 0009fb61

member

blackpete8427 13 kudos 576 posts

In response to post #30000070. #30025055, #30028735 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Okay thanks. I've made a note in our bug tracker list and we'll take a look and see if those can be corrected at some point when our fixes resume after the New Year.
    member

ehchung7 1 kudos 41 posts

In response to post #30000070. #30025055, #30028735, #30032485 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

you're right i saw 0009fb61 is at the changelog so i thought that my skyrim has problem, but after i clean install vanilla skyrim, the problem just keeps happen. anyway thanks.
  6. member

Wrolly13 0 kudos 31 posts

Has the issue with the fence in the Greymane's yard been fixed in 2.1.3b?
    member

blackpete8427 13 kudos 576 posts

In response to post #30026530.

Yes, we fixed that a long time ago in USKP 2.0.1:

"Gaps, seams, and missing collision between the two large house platforms in the Wind District of Whiterun have been corrected. (meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrterrain\wrgreathouseplatform02.nif, meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrterrain\wrcommonhouseplatform01.nif) (Bug #891, Bug #14598, Bug #14676, Regression fix for Bug #13696)"
  7. member

2ndWind 1 kudos 105 posts

I completed the Companions questline and cured myself of lycanthropy.
    Now I'm left with 3 heads I can't ditch.
    I just learned that I'm supposed to be able to cure the twins of lycanthropy, and that I should talk to them to start this new quest.
    But I'm not getting such request from either one. And what if I cure both twins, won't this clear 2 heads out of the 3? What do I do with the 3rd head? Can Aela be cured too? I find no mention of it.

Somebody that knows for sure how this thing is meant to go, please tell me -- at the cost of a spoiler, I don't care.
    I don't want those ugly heads in my pockets.
    supporter

Thenryb 39 kudos 3084 posts

In response to post #29996915.

Spoiler

The quest to cure the twins has traditionally been buggy. It works best if you ask Farkas for quests first. Eventually, you will have a dialogue topic of "Is there any work to be done?" rather than "I am looking for work". His request to be cured of Lycanthropy will likely occur in response to that (although he may just want to hunt a dragon). You take him back to the tomb and go through the process you went through for yourself. After you finish with Farkas, start the same process with Vilkas. When you finish with both the heads will no longer be quest items and may be dropped. For some reason, starting with Vilkas makes the quest go haywire. Frankly, I am not sure the latest patch addresses that and it may have been addressed many patches ago, but I always start with Farkas to make sure it works.
    member

ShawnDriscoll 26 kudos 4418 posts

In response to post #29996915. #29997125 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

It's working for me. Seems to be a random quest they give out. They're not in any rush to be cured.
    premium

Arthmoor 2110 kudos 11367 posts

In response to post #29996915. #29997125, #29998660 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Shawn is correct. This quest is radiant, so it will generate semi-randomly and will become available once the faction quest line is over.
    supporter

Thenryb 39 kudos 3084 posts

In response to post #29996915. #29997125, #29998660, #29999940 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yes, you may have to do a few of Farkas' silly "beat up Maramal" quests before he will ask for a cure. Same with Vilkas.
    member

2ndWind 1 kudos 105 posts

In response to post #29996915. #29997125, #29998660, #29999940, #29999995 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

lol, it's exactly what he asked me to do! Maramal in Riften.
    So I'll stick with them, do what they say, and eventually they'll ask me to cure them. Fine. Thank you
  8. member

potNpans 0 kudos 2 posts

I thank those involved with this mod for the hard work and efforts that enrich the Skyrim environment.
    I have a request if you could explain the handling of the unofficial skyrim patch configuration settings file. I went through the post pages, but I must of missed the explanation.
    Best regards
  9. member

daventry 28 kudos 5844 posts

How does the USP handle Essential Quest Related Characters, i know there are Mods that Protects them, but lets say i have a Quest Item that i must give to said Perosn, but He/She dies right in front of me, will the Quest Break, or has USP made sure Quest Related People are Protected.

For Example Runil of Falkreath. Lets say Bera from the Skaal asks me to deliver the Amulet to him and Runil dies, can i give the Amulet to Kurst or does the Quest simply say Fail and the Amulet is mine or is Runil Essential now.

Another good example is Karthwasten Everyone can actually die in that Village where the UESP Website States the Village will Never respawn again as if you are walking into a Ghost Town, or has USP made them Essential or supposedly a Mod could be made so New People can take over the Town or Quest Item could be given to the Next Person.

I can understand its Immersion Breaking to make People Essential, but its Unrealistic witch is also a bad thing for when you can all of a sudden go willy nilly by Killing Children in witch i do not accept. Thanks on that one Bethesda.
  10. supporter

priceisrite 0 kudos 1 posts

Good Afternoon. Soooo I'm using MO v1.3.11, which is after 1.3.8 and I am still having the USKP not being recognized issue. Should I go back to 1.3.8 or is it something else? Thanks.

member

fuiery 3 kudos 251 posts

In response to post #29976650.

Spoiler

Are you using Dual Sheath Redux by any chance?
  11. member

fff_xcom 3 kudos 243 posts

I know the horses from Riften and Solitude is not free to take anymore.
    There is still a free horse.

Southeast from Winterhold on the coast. The camp of the two dead horker hunters (with the treasure map X).

Even if the hunters are dead, you just kind of can't take a horse for free.
    Shouldn't it be tagged owned and marked steal if you take it?
    member

blackpete8427 13 kudos 576 posts

In response to post #29955095.

Spoiler

Not really necessary to tag the horse near the horker hunter's camp because (1) the hunters are dead and can't do anything about it such as alerting the guards, and (2) from what I can tell you never can own that horse by taking it. In other words, I'm pretty sure it will path back to the camp location as soon as you have dismounted it. It is also in a spot that is really far away from any towns or populated locations, so it's safe to assume the horse not being tagged as owned was deliberate.
  12. member

daventry 28 kudos 5844 posts

Did Arthmoor fix the Missing Apprentices Quest, i mean that i just arrived at the Collage and its midnight where theres a Dialogue to Phinis about the Missing Mages, yet theres Dialogue but no talking, he just sits there looking at me. When i click to skip, he starts to talk, hence the Quest does begin. When i bring back the Objucts, he still looks at me with no talking, but the dialogue is there
    member

blackpete8427 13 kudos 576 posts

In response to post #29897920.

Spoiler

Missing Apprentices is a quest that was restored by Arthmoor's Cutting Room Floor mod [ http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47327/ ] and isn't even in the vanilla game so the USKP doesn't touch it.

BTW: The change log in his readme for CRF should detail anything he has fixed.
    premium

Arthmoor 2110 kudos 11367 posts

In response to post #29897920. #29900145 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

That said, yes, the dialogue issue was fixed but will only be in the Legendary Edition once USLEEP rolls out. Had something to do with the way the SEQ file system works.