Comments (7386)

View forum thread Add Comment
  1. premium

Arthmoor 1225 kudos 7149 posts

Errors During NMM Installation

If you get the following error:

BOSS_API_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS: Master files must load before other plugins. The mod was not installed.

You need to perform the following steps:

- Uninstall and delete all the Unofficial patches in NMM.
    - Exit NMM.
    - Launch NMM again.
    - Download and install all of the updated Unofficial patches.
    - Run LOOT to sort your load order.

Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls

Make sure your load order is right!

Skyrim.esm
    Update.esm
    USKP
    Dawnguard.esm
    UDGP
    Hearthfires.esm
    UHFP
    Dragonborn.esm
    UDBP
    [Other ESMs]
    Official hi-res DLC
    UHRP
    [Other ESPs]

Use LOOT - you'll enjoy life more.

Loose Scripts in Data\Scripts

Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.

DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.

Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.

Others may be a factor as well.

Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?

The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.

We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.

You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.

We will rescind this warning if and ONLY if these issues are resolved. Further details available.

If after reading the details available you still wish to use SMPC, please be sure to install the SMPC Overwrite Fix file that's listed on the optional files tab below the USKP's main file.

DO NOT INSTALL this file if you are not using SMPC - your game will crash.
  2. premium

Arthmoor 1225 kudos 7149 posts

Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.

PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!

First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:

1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.

If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).

2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.

3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.

This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.

4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.

5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.
  1. inamone 0 kudos 28 posts

Hi 2 all, the recent update on Unofficial patches for Skyrim and the DLCs, I have downloaded them. The patch for skyrim installed well but when i try to install the DLCs patches made by Sir Arthmoor using NMM, I gets the following message

A problem occurred during install
    Parameter is not valid
    The mod was not installed

if I tries to install them manually, my NMM crashes and does not starts...

Older versions of Unofficial patches are all running fine. just cant install the new updated patches for DLCs.... How to fix it pls,
  2. Quazar945 0 kudos 12 posts

Hi, i understand I shouldn't be posting a bug here, but the USKP bugtracker doesn't work for me. when doing the Civil War questline, Ralof mentions "I don't think Galmar even knows my name. Probably because I'm not the 'ragonborn'.", even if you haven't finished Dragon Rising.
  3. shadowuser07 0 kudos 16 posts

hi, i've recently installed without any problem the new versions of this mod using the mod manager, but now when i try to use the nexus manager it crashes and a message error pops out that says "invalid parameter" or something like that, i've read some threads in the forums and they said it's a problem from your mod series, is it true? doesn't matter if it is or not, can you tell me how to fix it please?

ShawnDriscoll 2 kudos 1052 posts

In response to post #19327939.

Post a screenshot of it. I never heard of this before.
  4. supporter

Justmeagain 4 kudos 335 posts

can not get this version 2.0.7 to load will there be a problem is this patch is 2.0.5 and all the DLC's are the 2.0.7a ? I tried the manual download to desktop then importing with NMM and I get the "out of memory" dong thanks for any help
  5. supporter

Amyr 3 kudos 117 posts

Hypothetical question:
    Is it possible to merge all of the unofficial patches into a single BSA and ESP/ESM file?
    premium

lmstearn 6 kudos 352 posts

In response to post #19215339.

Possible:

supporter

Amyr 3 kudos 117 posts

In response to post #19215339. #19226894 is also a reply to the same post.

Damn I don't follow that forum at all, if I did I would have said yes.
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19215339. #19226894, #19230354 are all replies on the same post.

Me too, I only come here though.

alt3rn1ty 107 kudos 1503 posts

In response to post #19215339. #19226894, #19230354, #19230554 are all replies on the same post.

Arthmoor posted the same topic just about everywhere ( probably a few more places than I recall )

6. Jamez88 0 kudos 68 posts

I donno if this has been ask yet or not. But Is it possible to make a merged version of all the USPs? I think It would make it easier and make the mod list look a little more cleaner. If not np great mod(s) btw!

NOTE: I still have the "Invincible Hawk" bug even with this installed!

cridus 5 kudos 304 posts

In response to post #19193429.

already asked, not possible because of the load order.

mindw0rk2 12 kudos 1582 posts

In response to post #19193429. #19204219 is also a reply to the same post.

nvm
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19193429. #19204219, #19205704 are all replies on the same post.

It is possible but they did a vote on AFK Mods and 25% of the users said they wanted individuals patches, so they opted not to alienate them and keep it as-is.

cridus 5 kudos 304 posts

In response to post #19193429. #19204219, #19205704, #19235099 are all replies on the same post.

oh, then I misunderstood. I'll stop saying it's not possible, in the future >_>
    premium

Arthmoor 1225 kudos 7149 posts

In response to post #19193429. #19204219, #19205704, #19235099, #19239209 are all replies on the same post.

The invincible hawk bug was fixed in the USKP. If that fix isn't working for you, another mod has overridden the fix and re-broken it.
  7. premium

szandor81 7 kudos 552 posts

two questions, although fearing for my life.

1. are these safe to update mid-game now? i've encountered problems with that before.
    2. why isn't the infamous 'trinity restored' bug fixed yet? (where karliah turns around and doesn't open the gate, breaking the quest)

UnbornCorpser 2 kudos 56 posts

In response to post #19158434.

I've never had any issue ever updating a mod in game so long as you always follow their instructions - if they have any. If you are really that afraid of uninstalling any mods but you really want to and don't want to restart your character search for the "save game script cleaner" here on nexus. That tool doesn't pertain to updating the unofficial patches but it has helped me uninstall mods without any issue.
    premium

szandor81 7 kudos 552 posts

In response to post #19158434. #19166994 is also a reply to the same post.

i use the script cleaner. i wanted to ask this since updating the official patches have caused troubles for me before since many mods directly rely on them. i guess there's no clear answer, really.

blackpete8427 0 kudos 24 posts

In response to post #19158434. #19166994, #19180829 are all replies on the same post.

1. Yes, it is safe to update the Unofficial Patches mid-game. A select few fixes are non-retroactive though and won't take effect on an existing game.

2. Most likely because it has never been reported or it has never been something that could be reproduced reliably. It is important to go into as much detail as possible when reporting bugs, otherwise there likely won't be any way to reproduce and fix them. If you are willing to create an account at AFK Mods, there is a tracker where you can report bugs.
    premium

Arthmoor 1225 kudos 7149 posts

In response to post #19158434. #19166994, #19180829, #19255234 are all replies on the same post.

1. Safe to update mid-game. There are scripts to do any retroactive work that needs done.

2. Apparently because it's not so infamous? Also as Pete says, either never been reported or it isn't a widespread problem. For instance, I've played through the TG twice now without encountering something that would break the quest.

2b. If we DID fix it, or Bethesda fixed it (they do have some TG related quest fixes in Update.esm), then it's possible you're using a mod which has overridden the fixes and re-broken it.
  8. Neversetinstone 0 kudos 1 posts

Regarding release 19-2-0-7, MO is reporting it as having missing masters. I did not activate it but reverted back to 19-2-0-6 as I intended to play today.

Edit: did a re-install of 2-0-7 same report, then had 2-0-6 activated at the same time as a test, then deactivated 2-0-6 to have 2-0-7 as the only active and the report went away. Game runs.
    premium

Arthmoor 1225 kudos 7149 posts

In response to post #19260489.

Then that's an MO problem and you should be taking it up with their support team.
  9. supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

Thank you so much for your continued hard work.

Just have a few minor things I noticed, but I don't have an AFK account for the tracker.

In Kynesgrove, there seems to be a dialogue confusion between Kjeld and his son, Kjeld the younger. On more than one occasion I have heard Kjeld (the father) saying (in his usual voice) something like 'Father, mother is trying to make me work again' and his son, Kjeld the Younger (in his own voice' says something like 'What did you say to her son?' to which he replies something like 'I said I didn't want to' and then Kjeld the Younger finishes by saying, to his father, something like 'That's it son, be your own man'.

It seems their roles are the wrong way around during this conversation. The correct voice actors seem to be in place, but the scripts/roles are the wrong way around :S. Why would Bethesda use the father's voice to speak as the son and visa-versa in that scenario :-S?!

In Lost Prospect Mine, there is a cluster of two mushrooms (Imp and Fly I think I can't remember) that cannot be harvested at all. This is a short bit after the waterfall ledge, en route to the gold veins.

Similarly, at Red Road Pass, there are two clusters of Namira's Rot, one in from of the chest that is in the felled tree and the other, which cannot be interacted with, is just behind the chest.

In Falkreath's Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, there are some mushrooms (Bleeding Crown I think...maybe Whitecap, I forget) where Festus is initially standing whilst they share their kill stories, which cannot be harvested.

On a weird note...I was in Sarethi Farm and dropped my own woodcutting axe...it became tagged as no longer mine immediately and went red and highlighted as 'steal'...it's happened a few times in various places...is it normal for my own items to no longer be considered mine if I drop them on someone's property?

Finally, my Blood on the Ice is still a bit...broken...

On two playthroughs, the guard has not appeared and I've had to skip that section...but there were no corpses anywhere in Windhelm, other than Susanna's , to indicate said guard had been killed by a vampire...there were no vampire corpses either :-S.

On all other playthroughs, the Butcher is bugged. After speaking with Wuun and him predicting the next kill, the victim stands in the marketplace as normal. However, previously the Butcher would walk to the Stone Quarter and murder her in broad daylight. Now, instead, he does not walk there but instead spawns immediately behind his victim, killing her the same seconds he's spawning, making her unsaveable. He also only does it at night now, which is more friendly to the discussions about him, I prefer his night-time only strikes...but instead of walking and stalking her there he just insta-spawn-kills her.
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19164549.

Am I the only one experiencing these warped weirdnesses ?

Selat 0 kudos 9 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824 is also a reply to the same post.

i have some issues, different from yours in some aspects, but harvesting and Blood on the Ice, very close.

After one year and half without play, i almost forgot how the lip sync in Skyrim is out of sync, but this is not a mod issue, is a forever condition after the oficial patch 1.9
    premium

akparkison 2 kudos 318 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474 are all replies on the same post.

@ yum2014yum: You should really get an AFK mods account (why not, it's free) and submit your bugs to the TracDown. They're likely to get lost in this thread and more likely for them to get fixed/checked out if they are submitted to the bug tracker.
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879 are all replies on the same post.

I might at some point, but I get lost as-is with all the various sites/emails etc I use now .
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879, #19230629 are all replies on the same post.

I don't seem to be getting random vampire town attacks anymore :'(.
    premium

akparkison 2 kudos 318 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879, #19230629, #19231479 are all replies on the same post.

@ yum2014yum: You're lucky - I use mods to turn off the vampire attacks. : )

As for getting lost with accounts, I keep all my info organized in a Notepad file backed up on my external hard drive and on a USB stick. Otherwise, I'd be a lost mess, myself. But using the TracDown works. I've gotten a few bugs fixed that way recently, because I know they'll get lost here really quickly with all the posting that goes on.
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879, #19230629, #19231479, #19234704 are all replies on the same post.

I shall do it now, I actually like the vampire attacks, but have not had a single random attack or dragons either since updating and making a new character .

ShawnDriscoll 2 kudos 1052 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879, #19230629, #19231479, #19234704, #19234779 are all replies on the same post.

That happens sometimes. Just like random encounters on the road. Sometimes you see the same guy over and over and never see other characters. The next game will never have that guy as an encounter.
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879, #19230629, #19231479, #19234704, #19234779, #19234984 are all replies on the same post.

But vampire attacks on towns are supposed to be regular and to some, annoying to the point were they have mods to stop them. I'm literally getting 0 since updating. I start a new game often and test the new patches and this is the first time ever I've had 0 and I've fast travel/waited/moved about 50 times to try and force an attack and had 0 .

Also:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Need Help?
    •Our help documentation
    •Contact the community administrator

(bug tracker)
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19164549. #19179824, #19181474, #19211879, #19230629, #19231479, #19234704, #19234779, #19234984, #19235034 are all replies on the same post.

Ah, I have to click a subheading, cool will get on it straight away.
  10. crisandleon 2 kudos 355 posts

I only use the unofficial patches because of the stability and because they are required for certain other modifications. I do not like the "fixes" to things such as Dremora and High Mer Vampires now using head tracking. Also the thing I do not like most is not being able to pick up weapons from a slain enemy, and how the weapons will be heavy and oddly attached to the body moving it about.. even though that fix can help bloat if you were to always leave weapons around.. -_-

I do wish I could revert those two or more changes.
    supporter

TehKaoZ 27 kudos 2133 posts

In response to post #19231204.

Learn to mod?
  11. bullgod13 1 kudos 141 posts

"audio fix: One of the female NPCs in Bthardamz mispronounces Orchendor's name.
    You sure that was a bug? People mispronunce names all the time in real life.
    supporter

yum2014yum 0 kudos 48 posts

In response to post #19228879.

The voice actor who does Farengar always mispronounces things...to the point it's annoying . Says ' Draging' instead of Dragon at one point, I forget the other.
  12. TheLostAngel 0 kudos 42 posts

I am following all said steps but after uninstalling and deleting all the Unofficial Patchs and restarting as told too when I redownload and go to install the Unofficial Skyrim Patch I am STILL getting the Error Message... Any solutions to that issue??

Please Help me understand what is happening here as I am attempting to update my Unofficial Patches and the fact that I am following every step told to do to solve this issue and yet when I reinstall the main patch I am hitting the same issue which the steps I followed should of stopped has me at my Wits end.

If you get the following error:

You need to perform the following steps:

- Uninstall and delete all the Unofficial patches in NMM.
    - Exit NMM.
    - Launch NMM again.
    - Download and install all of the updated Unofficial patches.
    - Run LOOT to sort your load order.

ShawnDriscoll 2 kudos 1052 posts

In response to post #19209609.

What program is displaying that error?