Comments (8803)

View forum thread Add Comment
  1. supporter

Arthmoor 1419 kudos 7984 posts

Errors During NMM Installation

If you get the following error:

BOSS_API_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS: Master files must load before other plugins. The mod was not installed.

You need to perform the following steps:

- Uninstall and delete all the Unofficial patches in NMM.
    - Exit NMM.
    - Launch NMM again.
    - Download and install all of the updated Unofficial patches.
    - Run LOOT to sort your load order.

Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls

Make sure your load order is right!

Skyrim.esm
    Update.esm
    USKP
    Dawnguard.esm
    UDGP
    Hearthfires.esm
    UHFP
    Dragonborn.esm
    UDBP
    [Other ESMs]
    Official hi-res DLC
    UHRP
    [Other ESPs]

Use LOOT - you'll enjoy life more.

Loose Scripts in Data\Scripts

Check for: dragonactorscript.pex and/or mqkilldragonscript.pex. Remove them if present. They are from dragon mods that came as loose files.

DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious, and Diversified Dragons are known to cause this. Those mods need to be updated with a Dragonborn patch that incorporates the fixes from the UDBP.

Skyrim Unbound (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=16937212 will cause this as well due to the script being unaware of the changes for Dragonborn.

Others may be a factor as well.

Note too that the offending mod may have the script packaged inside a BSA. That will need to be handled by that mod's author.

If you are using Mod Organizer and are here to report issues with dragon souls, sorry, but you're on your own as we do not support issues caused by incorrectly letting that program modify the BSA load order system the game has. Your post is likely to just be ignored. We don't have time to keep fending off false bug reports caused by people who insist on unpacking their BSA files using the program and thus subverting the entire system the game relies on for proper behavior.

I've seen something called the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon)? What is this? Do I need it? Is it safe?

The mod known as the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection (aka USKP_Addon) is not an approved extension and does not have the support of the Unofficial Patch Project. It's author has decided to make some deeply subjective design changes to the game and has chosen to market in such a way as to make it seem as though our project approves of its existence. We do not. This mod is not only full of subjective game design changes but also contains poorly implemented replacements for several fixes we've already made that in turn generate conflicts in the game and can even lead to save game corruption.

We have on several occasions attempted to contact the author, who has contributed fixes directly into the patches before and has ALSO provided Italian translations. He refused to address the issue, in fact refused to acknowledge our concerns at all and has continued to operate as though nothing is wrong.

You are strongly advised NOT to use this mod as it will be damaging to your game. We will NOT provide support to anyone who is using it in their games.

We will rescind this warning if and ONLY if these issues are resolved. Further details available.

If after reading the details available you still wish to use SMPC, please be sure to install the SMPC Overwrite Fix file that's listed on the optional files tab below the USKP's main file.

DO NOT INSTALL this file if you are not using SMPC - your game will crash.
  2. supporter

Arthmoor 1419 kudos 7984 posts

Alright, in light of the new sticky comment ability, let's trial reopening the thread.

PLEASE READ THIS STUFF!

First, some misinformation needs to be cleared up:

1. The patch is not the cause of your game crashing. Before each full public release, the patch enters a beta stage where several knowledgeable people put it through its paces. On only one occasion has there been any hint of a possible CTD, and that turned out to be due to another mod's influence.

If you're getting CTDs, you need to look elsewhere for the cause. Either you have outdated mods which need to be fixed, you haven't updated your game, or your save has reached a point of no return. Removing the patch because you think it caused the problem will only result in further damaging your save (see #3).

2. When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed. Continuing to report the same issues as still being broken indicates either a failed update on the user's part or another mod that is overriding the fix.

3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.

This is not something the patch broke. It's just the way Skyrim works. The old days of installing and removing mods at will and without consequences that people are used to from Fallout and Oblivion are gone.

4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work. While it is definitely true that bugs can be introduced, these are relatively easy to spot and they get fixed with the next update cycle. Not everything will be caught though. We're all human.

5. Scripts that log messages are not the cause of whatever is crashing the game. There's no guarantee that a script is even what the problem is. Reports of "this script crashed my game because Papyrus said so" will be ignored from now on.

6. Rude, abusive, trollish, or just plain untrue posts where it's obvious the poster is LYING will result in an immediate download block. Pick your words carefully people. We don't have to put up with you, and from now on, we simply won't. Trolls will also be forwarded to the moderators for appropriate action as needed.
  1. premium

ToyTrains1 3 kudos 134 posts

blackpete8427, on 16 April 2015 5:56:02, said:

In response to post #24381424.

If Bethesda had not set ownership on barrels or any other items at all in the exterior areas in the game that logic would probably make sense. However, they did in some areas and didn't in others which makes it an inconsistency and something that the patches should address.

For example - barrels outside of homes and near market stands in several towns (in the vanilla game) are set as owned while in several other towns they aren't at all. In case the previous post wasn't clear, we're not going to set ownership on every barrel and item in every town, because there's no clear indication of who owns some of these (e.g. if they are out in the middle of a road or other major pathway).

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.  Your mention of inconsistency reminds me of a quote regarding consistency by Emerson, but I will refrain.
  2. supporter

Attarik 0 kudos 8 posts

So even after running this mod (not that this mod is supposed to be infallible) I can't start the MQ106 quest, the script to ask for the attic room doesn't run to start the quest due to an issue with QF_MQ106_00032926, any ideas for a work around or a fix? Because until I do the entire main quest is broken.
    supporter

Arthmoor 1419 kudos 7984 posts

In response to post #24371794.

Your download history suggests you've installed SMPC since you're using the overwrite patch for it. You may have gotten yourself into a bind because SMPC's changes to MQ106 weren't necessary and looked to me like something that would cause problems rather than resolve them.

The vanilla game has no issue with this part of MQ106 so I'm not sure why they felt it was necessary to fix.
  3. premium

ToyTrains1 3 kudos 134 posts

amazingmrdonut, on 7 April 2015 23:07:17, said:

As of 2.1.1 USKP is causing barrels in riverwood to be marked as owned so the Dragonborn must steal from them rather than take the items scott-free. While I actually do like this little bit of immersion, I am concerned that this is the only location I have found so far that this persists. I assume this was part of the long list of IDs of references with missing ownership, but I can verify that the patch is what is causing it. Was this intentional and does the USKP team intend to make barrels in all towns and cities have ownership?

blackpete8427, on 8 April 2015 9:52:24, said:

In response to post #24155619.

Yes, it was intentional; just the ones that clearly should have had ownership settings (e.g. near buildings, homes and merchant stands) though. Bethesda for whatever reason did this in some towns but not in others which was the reason for the change. Not all of the changes made it into the 2.1.1 update which is why you may be noticing that this wasn't done in other areas yet. The rest of it should get sorted out in the next update.

I would prefer to believe that Bethesda left them unowned so that the player could take the various things and get a few septims to help out at the beginning of the adventure, much as they did in Fallout New Vegas.  To be honest, I would have preferred it if you had left it as it originally was.  This strikes me as more of an editorial opinion than an actual fix of a bug.

blackpete8427 5 kudos 178 posts

In response to post #24381424.

4. philllg 0 kudos 1 posts

Ok, so I downloaded this and the other two patches on a whim earlier today. I used the nexus mod manager and even put them in the correct order. However, none of my mods would load at all. So I uninstalled the patches and tried to load the same file, which i had saved twice before adding the patches, and still none of my mods will load. It's to the point that even the DLC's aren't being loaded. I don't know what happened but it was running just fine before I installed this patch. If someone could help me figure out how to get my mods loading again I would greatly appreciate it.
  5. premium

ff7legend 32 kudos 3815 posts

I don't know if this has been reported or addressed as of yet but a recent update to the USKP has caused all the Forsworn Briarhearts to have invisible bodies. If the player removes the briarheart seed from said enemies, their bodies become visible as they should be. Please investigate & fix in a future update, if not previously reported or being addressed in a future update. Thanks.

blackpete8427 5 kudos 178 posts

In response to post #24359844. #24365604, #24370944, #24372089, #24373784 are all replies on the same post.

This isn't something that is caused by the USKP. We've received a number of similar reports like this and it has turned out to be the fault of another mod.

Not sure if this is still the case or not, but at one point Cloaks of Skyrim had a conflict with the USKP that would cause this to happen. Apparently, COS has a USKP compatibility patch (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56922/?) but I'm not absolutely certain whether it is up to date.

Ambsy 1 kudos 79 posts

In response to post #24359844. #24364054 is also a reply to the same post.

I'm still using that patch with the updated USKP and it works.
    premium

ff7legend 32 kudos 3815 posts

In response to post #24359844. #24364054, #24365604 are all replies on the same post.

I don't use COS at all so I've no idea what could be causing this.
    supporter

Arthmoor 1419 kudos 7984 posts

In response to post #24359844. #24364054, #24365604, #24370944 are all replies on the same post.

It should be rather obvious if you load all of your mods into TES5Edit and then run the filter for conflict losers that's sitting below the one for normal cleaning.
    premium

badkrma 20 kudos 1022 posts

In response to post #24359844. #24364054, #24365604, #24370944, #24372089 are all replies on the same post.

...oops sorry nvm... what I was saying was said... disregard... cheers..
  6. JDegenerate 11 kudos 365 posts

How do you use armorbriarheart in a new OUTFIT to make it compatible with UskP? OUTFIT being the subcategory under ITEMS that you assign to an NPC at the top on the inventory tab. Please advise.
    premium

AaronOfMpls 36 kudos 2340 posts

In response to post #24329589.

Load the USKP as one of your mod's master files, probably. Failing that, I don't know.
  7. UV777 0 kudos 110 posts

Just curious.
    Has there ever been a bug in Vanilla game with the Headless Horseman ghost? And if there was, has it ever been fixed by any of the USKPs?
    Every time I happen to run into him, which is very rare, I follow him for more than 10 minutes just to have him stop o a random road and turn back. Then after just one minute or so he stops and turns back again to the spot he sopped at the 1st time. And he just keeps going back and forth like this.
    And other times I follow him for so long that my game just eventually CTD cos we go thru so many cells, loading all kinda things and events I'd imagine, with so many things chasing us. lol I know this doesn't have anything to do with him or the USKP, just throwing it in for lols.

But yeah, any idea about the ghost chap?

On the wiki it says he's meant to go to his place and stop there and you do w/e you're meant to do there. But whener I don't CDT during a long chase, he just ends up going back and forth bewteen a short distance.
    premium

AaronOfMpls 36 kudos 2340 posts

In response to post #24305489.

The Headless Horseman does indeed go to Hamvir's Rest eventually. I've followed him there before, though it's been quite a while.

As for USKP fixes: I don't know, but you can check in the changelog yourself if you want. On the description page, click "The complete changelog is posted here." Then use Ctrl-F to search the changelog page.

Also, you shouldn't be CTDing anywhere near that much. Something is wrong with your game or your computer, either corrupted game files, a wonky save file, too much running (mods, other programs in the background), or just a weak computer.

Do you still CTD as much if you start a new game via the main menu?
  8. JennieT 0 kudos 5 posts

Hello, In my playthrought the game doesn't let me sleep in any bed (owned ofc not but mine as well, in the companion's house)
    will it fix it?
    premium

AaronOfMpls 36 kudos 2340 posts

In response to post #24340969.

I don't know, but you can look it up yourself in the changelog. On the mod description page, click "The complete changelog is posted here." Then hit Ctrl-F and search the page for "bed" or similar.

That said, you can't sleep in owned beds anyway unless you're friendly enough with their owner (if it's owned by an individual NPC) or part of the owning faction (if it's faction-owned).

(Let me know if I misunderstood your question.)
  9. phoenixfyre2552 1 kudos 42 posts

Having a problem with USP right now. I started a new game with only the unofficial patches and skyui for the moment. I noticed that there was missing texture for the salmons. Only after I had taken out the USP did the missing texture problem disappear. I don't understand why this happened though. Can anybody help? I want to continue using this mod but that missing texture problem is too annoying for me...

phoenixfyre2552 1 kudos 42 posts

In response to post #24228164. #24246109 is also a reply to the same post.

Hmmm... I just checked back on this page and apparently this mod had been updated. I'll test out the updated version asap and see if the missing texture is still there.

If it is a case of incompatibility with old version, then it's my bad since I always forget to check the mods that I am tracking.

Edit: Downloaded all of the unofficial patches again. The purple salmon texture still persists.

Edit 2: Tried playing without this mod but with the unofficial patches for the 3 dlcs. No salmon purple texture. Turned on this mod, and purple salmon texture. So apparently the problem lies in the USKP mod.
    supporter

Elgar82 14 kudos 1157 posts

In response to post #24228164. #24246109, #24250004 are all replies on the same post.

@phoenixfyre2552

- In Steam, from the Library section, right-click on Skyrim and select Properties from the menu.
    - Select the Local files tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.

Also, if you use the official High Resolution Texture Pack, don't forget to install the Unofficial High Resolution Patch : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255/

I would not be surprised that these simple steps will solve your issue.

P.S. : Don't forget to clean the DLCs after the Steam verification process, because this process will restore them in their vanilla state and as you may know the DLCs plugins need to be cleaned : http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit

phoenixfyre2552 1 kudos 42 posts

In response to post #24228164. #24246109, #24250004, #24255424 are all replies on the same post.

Funny thing happened. As I was scrolling through for any salmon texture mods, I found one called PondFish and Salmon Replacer. Placed that into my game (just for experimentation), USKP still installed as well, and it fixed the purple salmon texture. Of course, if I end up encountering any other purple textures (which I hope I don't), then I will do a proper fix of this problem of mine.

Thanks for the reply though.
    supporter

Arthmoor 1419 kudos 7984 posts

In response to post #24228164. #24246109, #24250004, #24255424, #24272319 are all replies on the same post.

A missing texture for those would imply corrupted base game files. We don't touch the vanilla BSA files so they should always be able to load. Pretty sure purple fish would have been noticed by a lot of people by now

phoenixfyre2552 1 kudos 42 posts

In response to post #24228164. #24246109, #24250004, #24255424, #24272319, #24298519 are all replies on the same post.

Yeah its definitely corrupted base game files. I will fix it as soon as I have access to faster internet again.
  10. 999-jay-999 7 kudos 1856 posts

Skeevers are being spawned up as Silver Hand ... Bottom Right your see its relating to this patch some how.
    supporter

Arthmoor 1419 kudos 7984 posts

In response to post #24292019.

The patch modified the instance, but the actual base change is coming from Immersive Weapons. Strange as that may be. Notice the skeever is not textured as a vanilla skeever either.
    premium

MotoSxorpio 137 kudos 4332 posts

In response to post #24292019. #24297639 is also a reply to the same post.

Yep, reading helps.

999-jay-999 7 kudos 1856 posts

In response to post #24292019. #24297639, #24298779 are all replies on the same post.

Immersive weapons has never done this before though and I have always used it since it has been released, and I have replayed this game quest from start like 15 times before now... weird.

The skeever texture is probably due to variants mod I use.

11. TehNewbie 0 kudos 2 posts

I have a small problem. In Labyrinthian there is that Dragon Priest Shrine. When I put the masks on their respective places everything seems to be fine. However, when I try to take them back, they just disappear. They aren't added to my inventory. Is it because I'm using a mod that adds quest markers to the masks? If so, then it is strange, because I've been using it before without any problems.
    premium

MotoSxorpio 137 kudos 4332 posts

In response to post #24259719.

Install USKP as a new DLC...eg, make a new save. Applying any overhaul to a running save makes for inconsistencies. There is data saved to the save that cannot be unwritten without external help.
  12. Demonlord091 0 kudos 17 posts

I installed the Unofficial Skyrim and Hearthfire patches in hopes of fixing the bug with the building of the house in Hjaalmarch. That didn't work but I'll deal with that later.

My main problem is that I've been getting about 2 or 3 times as many CTD since installing these patches a day or so ago. My guess is that maybe I forgot a step when using TES5Edit to clean the original DLC files.

Any chance you have a link available for a proper tutorial or step by step explanation of how to use its different features? I'd rather not have to make an attempt at uninstalling these patches since that would likely cause even more problems due to so much crap being removed.

blackpete8427 5 kudos 178 posts

In response to post #23898539.

Try either (or both) of the links below:

Cleaning guide: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit

Cleaning tutorial (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3g_N1jcZQ

Demonlord091 0 kudos 17 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169 is also a reply to the same post.

Looks like that did it, fixed that particular problem anyway.

Next issue is: The Unofficial patches don't seem to play nice with a Mod called Immersive Patrols http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=274889839.

If the Unofficial Patches are installed the game will almost immediately CTD as soon as you get near a full scale battle caused by that particular mod.

Any idea as to the cause or do you think it has to do with a combination of other mods?
    premium

AaronOfMpls 36 kudos 2340 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219 are all replies on the same post.

Have you tried updating Immersive Patrols? The version of it here on the Nexus seems to be newer.

(Make sure you choose the right version of it for your game, too. There are a bunch listed on its Files tab.)

Demonlord091 0 kudos 17 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394 are all replies on the same post.

I actually hadn't thought of that, probably should have.

It's worth a shot, I'll try it and hope for the best. If it doesn't work I likely won't be much worse off than I already was.

Thanks for the info/idea.
    ________________

Well, it sort of worked. It took the game around a minute or so longer to CTD, so that's a start. Better than it being instantaneous as soon as you get within sight of the fighting.

Have any other clever ideas?
    premium

lmstearn 9 kudos 429 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394, #24113759 are all replies on the same post.

This tutorial covers most of the pitfalls in modding Skyrim.

Demonlord091 0 kudos 17 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394, #24113759, #24133244 are all replies on the same post.

Useful tutorial, lmstearn, but I fail to see how it applies to making the Unofficial Patches and the mod Immersive Patrols function correctly together instead of causing a guaranteed Crash to Desktop.

Thanks for the link regardless, also thanks to blackpete8427 and AaronOfMpls for your suggestions as well, both have proven to be quite helpful. I'm thinking I'll end up removing either the patches or Immersive Patrols to make the game function correctly, since I don't know nearly enough about coding to try and make them play nice.

Have fun and keep up the good work.
    premium

lmstearn 9 kudos 429 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394, #24113759, #24133244, #24183794 are all replies on the same post.

For what it's worth, I looked over on the comments on the Immersive Patrols page to find any info on other user CTDs. Nothing too illuminating.
    Try just the Vanilla IP version, see what happens.
    Or if you wish to delve deeper, use TES5edit to find conflicting records and pass the results onto Scrabbulor.
    Just because IP and USKP exhibit this behaviour, it's nice to assume the problem lies with one of these, where in actual fact it's been some other problem mod all along.
    There's another bunch of info at Project Stability worth checking out.

Demonlord091 0 kudos 17 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394, #24113759, #24133244, #24183794, #24199499 are all replies on the same post.

Worth a shot, I'll try it when I have some free time.

I've learned by now that even mods that should in theory have nothing to do with each-other can still conflict, though when that happens I'm completely clueless as to the cause.

I'll have a look over that expansive guide you linked. Any chance you know a way to remove the Skyrim background from this section of the nexus? It makes reading plain white text a bit difficult what with the snow and all.

chuckos8 3 kudos 545 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394, #24113759, #24133244, #24183794, #24199499, #24247534 are all replies on the same post.

I use Immersive Patrols with USKP without CTD's. Just saying.
    supporter

dark_wizzie 2 kudos 305 posts

In response to post #23898539. #23900169, #24039219, #24063394, #24113759, #24133244, #24183794, #24199499, #24247534, #24256829 are all replies on the same post.

Same here, immersive patrols, I've seen some pretty re-don-cu-lous fights with populated roads, cities, etc all over, and no crashes. Possible lag due to CPU bottleneck, but that's something else entirely.