Job Opening - .NET Developer
We are seeking a full-time .NET programmer to join the staff of Nexus Mods, one of the largest modding communities on the web.
You will help to develop the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) in .NET/C# and work together with our web developers to integrate site based services in to desktop applications. You will work closely with Robin, NMM developer DuskDweller and resident web developer Axel to improve on current code and features and develop new and intuitive features for users of the site.
This is a paid full-time position and you will be expected to work 8 hour days (9am - 5pm) five days a week, either from home or with Robin in the South-West of England. This position is open to residents of the UK, EU and North America. If you are in the UK you will be subject to UK tax, including income tax and national insurance. If you are outside the UK you will bear any tax responsibilities with your local authorities yourself. From time to time you will be expected to meet in person with Robin and the rest of the Nexus team. If you live within 3 hours of the UK your travel expenses will be included. If you live 3 hours outside of the UK we will make fair and appropriate arrangements.
Pay to be negotiated based on your work and programming experience. Minimum £24,000/pa before tax.
- Work with Robin, DuskDweller and Axel to plan, design and implement upgrades and new NMM features and functionality
- Develop, debug, implement and support these new features and services in full object oriented programming
- Advise on improving the quality of service and recommend any changes to the software, policies or procedures that would improve the overall quality of the program
- Work remotely and, at times, in person with Robin
- Help with providing technical support to users of programs you develop through our tracking system
- Foster good open source practises and help to generate interest in taking on help from volunteers within the open source community via our SourceForge page
- Be ready to jump in to a game at a moment's notice when Robin thinks you need a break!
- Excellent .NET and C# coding skills to a professional standard
- A passion for the games Nexus sites support
- A good understanding of the modding communities the Nexus sites support and a strong pulse on the requirements of the community including the users and the mod authors
- Good work ethic and ability to self-manage
- Professional attitude and ability to take on instructions
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL a major plus
- Knowledge of server admin and SSH skills a plus
- Ability to work with graphics in Photoshop or similar a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Interested in this position? Please send your resume/CV along with your Nexus username to firstname.lastname@example.org