We’ve been knocking out tiny updates and tweaks to the site since we changed the design around a bit a week or so ago. These updates tend to be small enough to not warrant a news post, but when they build up enough I like to smash them all out in a news post in one big list. But before we do that let's get NMM out of the way.
We released NMM 0.44.3 last Friday that contains some more bug fixes and some minor feature changes. Here’s the list:
1. New Feature: NMM will now prevent ReadMe files from being extracted in the mod folder (thus only installing them in the ReadMe Manager), you can set this behaviour on/off in the Settings menu (Default on).
2. New Feature: The user can now select the game mode by double-clicking on it.
3. Bugfix: Mods failing to deactivate on upgrade.
4. Bugfix: Category view failing to update after mod rename.
5. Bugfix: Mod list not re-sorting after mod/category name change.
6. Bugfix: NMM mods startup scan searching in the readme folder (causing some duplicate entries in the mod list).
7. Bugfix: NMM crashing when another instance of the program is already running.
8. Bugfix: "Yes to All" not working as intended.
9. Bugfix: Some OMOD crashes (comment lines and "misplaced" curly brackets).
We’ll continue to drill out some bug fixes in coming updates, and the next major feature we’re working towards is mod profiles; the ability to have different modding profiles for your games so you can have different mods installed and running in your games for different saves/instances. We don’t want to introduce a DLL hack to do this, though, so we’re exploring other ways of doing this with NMM so we can get profiling in every game NMM supports. We then hope to further expand on that functionality so you can share these profile setups with others on the Nexus sites, like Steam Workshop Collections, but done slightly differently. That’s the plan, anyway.
As always you can get the latest version of NMM from the download page
And now the site updates:
1. The arrow next to your account information in the top right corner is now clickable so as to be less confusing.
2. Changed the search button so it highlights the textfield, bringing the search functionality back to a one-click process.
3. Added the ability for advanced search options in the filename field, including using quotes to group words, the “OR” operator and the “-” operator. Instructions on this functionality can be found on this wiki page
4. If you have tracked a file the wording will change from “Track” to “Un-track”. If you have endorsed a file the wording will change from “Endorse” to “Unendorse”.
5. Fixed an issue with the vote, track and endorse buttons being a bit temperamental and sometimes not working.
6. If you have not voted for a file this month the vote button will be green. If you have voted for the file you are looking at the button will be orange. If you have voted for a mod, but not the mod you’re currently looking at, the vote button will be yellow.
7. Added a confirmation popup for voting to let you know you’ve already voted for a file this month, that you can only vote for one file in a month, and if you vote for the current file you’re looking at then your previous vote will be removed.
8. Adult-only files are now eligible for the hot files, provided the user has turned adult-only content viewing options on.
9. Added a “reply” link to every reply to a comment so that you don’t have to scroll up to the original comment in order to reply (replying to a reply is just treated as a reply to the original comment, however, and there’s no added nesting).
10. Replying to a comment will now bump the comment (and replies) to the top of the comments. If you don’t like this functionality you can turn it off in your preferences under “Replies to posts bump the original post”.
11. We have reduced the wait time between downloading a mod and endorsing a mod from 3 hours to 15 minutes.
12. The “Download with NMM” button no longer shows in the file header if a file has more than 1 main file. The user will have to go to the “files” tab and choose which file they want to download.