Last updated at 11:07, 22 May 2014 Uploaded at 11:04, 22 May 2014
Port of a mod for Morrowind.
Original mod made by Asirion.
Port made by Rytelier.
This is a port of great Morrowind mod named Excellent Magic Sounds for Oblivion. It features new sounds for all magic schools and unique sounds for certain spells. I've used a little diffirent sounds for some magic effects, because Oblivion spell casting looks diffirent than Morrowind (ex. drain health sounds for fire).
Compatibility and how to solve problems:
This mod will conflict with other mods, that introduces changes to magic effects. There's a solution for it. You need a program called Wrye Bash.
1. Open Wrye Bash and enable my plugin. Move it before your magic mod.
2. There's a box named "Bash Tags" in lower right corner of Wrye Bash. Select your magic mod and right click at mentioned box. Scroll up and uncheck "Automatic".
3. Right click again this box and scroll down this list. Find item named "SpellStats" and select it, if it's not selected. Excellent Magic Sounds has already attached Bash Tag, so don't touch it.
4. Find Bashed Patch, #.esp mod, right click it and select "Rebuild patch...". Make sure, that Excellent Magic Sound.esp is selected in "Import Sounds" tab and your magic mod is selected in "Import Spell Stats".
5. Click build patch and wait. Now these mods are imported into Bashed Patch and you can play the game without problems.
Remove Excellent magic sound.esp and folder data/sound/fx/magic.
Rebuild Bashed Patch!
As Asirion said, you can use sound effects. Add creator in credits.
Original mod: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-76-13473