Last updated at 13:34, 21 Jul 2014 Uploaded at 6:26, 1 Aug 2013
This will give you a better idea of what to expect and the variety available
Big thanks to StrelokTesla for taking the time to make this video.
NEW and some may also say ESSENTIAL, the IW Bashed Patch Fix is now ready to download. Created by Slangens, this file will correct overlooked bad edits (thanks to yours truly :P ) made in the last patch which caused problems with bashed patches.
If you enjoy this mod, you may want to try out Skyrim Immersive Weapons - the 2nd highest rated weapons mod on Skyrim Nexus
Overhauls and extends the entire weapons system by fully integrating hundreds of new weapons into the game, using many great mods and resources from the most talented authors on the nexus.
This mod also adds lots of off-hand variants to game to allow for duel-wielding. Off-Hand weapons are used as shields in this mod, but mods like Unnecessary Violence II can make them usable as duel-wield weapons.
The aim of this project is to add a lot more variety when looting, purchasing, and battling enemies as everything appears by chance through the levelling system, you will also find halberds, polearms, spears, rapiers, and other weapon types. I made it this way because it's just my personal preference, most mods used were initially available to obtain from one location usually a store but I prefer to have new weapons appear by chance during exploration.
I have also made a few as unique weapons to the game which can be acquired by completing existing quests, for instance new deadric weapons for completing the shrine quests or becoming the arch-mage.
Most weapons have been tweaked and balanced to avoid OP weapons and powers.
I have also enhanced the levelled lists, so players can continue to find better weapons past the original cap. One good example is the addition of Ayleid weaponry that will start spawning after daedric level, also I have introduced 'grand' magic staffs with new models and stonger enchantments to find at high levels.
The vendors will now sell ALL weapons - there were originally capped at lv.13 to sell elven weapons, now once you pass that level you will eventually be able to buy glass, ebony, daedric weapons plus all IW weapons at the same levels and higher. (Same as Skyrim)
And of course a great perk of this mod is that it merges lots of great weapon mods into one file to reduce your load order, using a single bsa to help the game run smoother.
I have provided a few images to give you an idea of what invluded, however there are lots more which I will make a lists of ASAP. For now check the credits to get an idea.
You may have noticed that I have even taken the liberty to provide a "Recommended by me.txt" file that lists other great weapon mods that would suit playing alongside this mod.
Oblivion with Shivering Isles (I have the 5th anniversary edition)
Unpack the .esp and .bsa files to oblivion's data folder. To ensure this works best, make sure to place this last in the load order
This mod edits weapon levelled lists, so if you use other mods that work the same run a bashed patch after installation. The most common tool for this is Wrye Bash - http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22368
I should point out that because this makes changes to a few vanilla quests and scripts, take care when making a patch as I hear this can cause issues so consider only merging levelled lists.
Otherwise if you are happy with my levelled list edits simply overriding your other ones just make sure this mod loads last.
Credits (in no particular order)
- gorgonzola3000 for The Forgotten Signs : Pegasus
- Addonay for Elven Weaponry
- Sangre for 11 Swords from Blade of Darkness, 17 Katanas, Redguard Weapon Mod
- Andragorn for Andragorns weapons and armors, Shadow Weapon Set, Shdw Weapon pack02, Shdw new expanded weapon pack01
- throttlekitty for Rapier Set
- trollf for Lich Gear, Artifacts, Mehrunes Dagons Outfit and Axe
- necrospawn for Slayers Sword Pack
- Nicoroshi and Hobbs for Nicos Gift, Kynareth Archery, Scimitars, Wyrmfang, Nicoroshi Creations (All his preceding weapon mods are included in this mod, check his page for the full list)
- zotman12 (Hentai) for Seraphim Blade
- severian1981 for Akaviri Imports, The Hessian Sword
- Madcat221 for Ayleid Meteoric Iron Weapons Mod Resource Pack
- rdjeke for Art of War weapon pack 1, Twohanded maces
- Sinblood for Nine Tongues Sword, Orthae Sword
- Vagrant0 for Misc Weapons Resource
- nateneurotic for Natures Arsenal for Rangers Druids
- Edocsil for Serpent Dagger Resource
- Imperator3 for Angel Slayer
- ThrillKill for Divine Swords
- rinzei for Crystal Staffs
- Kearsage for Defensive Staves
- yuravica (FLY) for FLY weapons
- Kastien, Hel Borne, and Loth DeBonneville for HelBornes Spear Set
- Mondstein and Gizmodian for Real Silver Swords
- Nemo of Calh and Jannix Quinn for Spartan Spears
- J3X for Saphire Ruby and Amethyst Staffs, Unenchanted Staves
- Dall for Dalls_Fireglow_Weapons
- LHammonds for Daedric Trap Weapons
- VanillaBeans for Order Weapons
- marcos armengol for Samurai
- IronicEcho for Animated Staffs
- Pipidrelin for Staff of Magnus Modder Resource
- pale_rider for Armory of the Berserker, Armory of the Nordic Warrior, Dragonhunter Reloaded, Paladin Equipment
- ElminsterAU for TES4Edit
- TeamGecko for TES4Gecko
Some of mods used in the creation of IW come with armours or other cool stuff so make sure to check them out :)
Disclaimer: All weapons included in this list have been included legitimately, with permissions readily given in the readme or personally granted by the authors themselves.
Wrye Bash for testing
As I mentioned earlier if you want to make an alternate esp to change or add features let me know via PM
Do not redistribute any assets from my BSA file, all weapon mods used have different permissions for usage so don't ask me if you can use any for your wip instead follow the links in the credits.
Try to leave all feedback and questions in the page comments section.
If you spot any bugs in-game please report them asap so I can get a fix worked out.
I am always open to suggestions for improvement so feel free to post your ideas in the comments for my consideration.