Last updated at 4:17, 16 Jul 2015 Uploaded at 19:31, 5 Jun 2011
Anvil Exterior Retex v2.0
This is a conservative retexture for Anvil's exterior architecture. My goal was just to get rid of the dirty white and replace it with something warmer and easier on the eyes. Nothing exciting here. ;-)
I didn't replace all textures. Most notably, the trim, doors, and roofs I left alone, as I didn't want to completely lose Anvil's style.
The new plaster/stone textures are the same size as their vanilla counterparts, and the brick textures are only twice the size (the originals were quite small), so the performance impact is trivial.
Benirus Manor's exterior has a "funny" texture arrangement, which becomes glaringly obvious with this texture pack installed, because there is more contrast in the colors. So I've included some optional replacement meshes: all brick, all plaster, or the current texture mix. All brick will be installed by default, as I feel it looks best. These meshes have already been pyffi'd. AWLS (Animated Window Lighting System) support is included for AWLS users.
The new textures somewhat affect interiors, as the interior meshes often use the brick textures, particularly around the fireplaces. This is unavoidable without editing the interior meshes.
I also traded out one floor texture for a landscape texture so the porch floors would blend better with their surroundings, and this carries into the interiors as well. If you have QTP3 or another similar texture pack, you may want to replace the textures in Textures\Architecture\Anvil\AnvilInterior with your higher-rez copy of Textures\Landscape\TerrainAnvilRoad.dds to keep them consistent.
New this version:
- Now includes matching LOD textures.
- Also added an option to have green copper roofs that match the existing green copper found throughout Anvil.
- Added a fix for Benirus Manor missing from Anvil's LOD. Leaving this optional in case it is later incorporated into the UOP.
NEED HELP? FIND A BUG?
Mod Installation Guide
Mod Troubleshooting Guide
Thanks to/for, in no particular order:
- cfrevoir at deviantART for the original brick texture
- Spiral Graphix for the stucco texture I baked into the new plaster textures
- the RAEVWD team for the LOD mesh for Benirus Manor & AnvilHouseGeneric01_far
- Qarl for the base roof texture and copper texture used to make the green copper roofs
- the UOP team & RAEVWD contributors/Arthmoor for resources used as a guide to make the Benirus Manor LOD Fix.
You may re-use any of this mod's content in your own Oblivion mods, as long as you don't charge money for it, you credit me for my work, and you credit anyone I credited for their work.
You may share this mod freely, as long as you don't charge money for it, and you include my original Readme.
Please enjoy. =)