Last updated at 19:13, 12 Dec 2014 Uploaded at 0:40, 2 Mar 2011
=====================================================I have been working on a major overhaul of SDR. Alpha testing is complete, and I am moving it into the Beta test phase. BEFORE you rush and install the new version, please make sure that you have read about all the changes and installation instructions on the SDR Beta Test page.
Just added - Modder's Resource Package for series 8. Available in the miscellaneous downloads section.
=====================================================Sneaking Detection Recalibrated (SDR)
Voted FILE OF THE MONTH on the Oblivion Nexus for April, 2012
Category: Gameplay Effects and Changes (Stealth/Detection/Magic/Combat)
This mod recalibrates the system for detection, sneaking, and nearly everything related to it. And by "re-calibrate", I mean a complete page one rewrite of the whole freaking system
- A completely rewritten detection formula that replaces the default Oblivion formula, built into an efficient OBSE plug-in.
- Immersive features, such as transparent sneaking NPCs, dynamic night-eye shaders, alternate detect life shaders, and new perks.
- New NPC AI detection behavior changes including using detection magic (night-eye/detect life) and a custom version of SM Combat Hide built in.
- New spells/effects for blindness, deafness, muffling.
- Revamped sprinting / movement / fatigue options.
- Alternative ways to "skill-up" when sneaking, including points for undetected clean kills.
- Revised rules on how invisibility works when it comes to detection, torches, and light spells.
All of these features and much, much more...
Major benefits compared to other stealth overhauls:
- SDR does not modify any skills, making it compatible with all leveling mods, including Oblivion XP.
- Works out of the box with the default settings, but can be customized with a "Tweak".ini file.
- To help with tweaking, SDR comes with a massive Player's Handbook that covers all the settings and new game mechanics.
- A Modder's Resource Pack that allows 3rd parties to design mods that can interact with SDR and utilize its new features.
- A full blown website as well as a Bethsoft support forum to answer all of your questions, and then some.
- Designed to be as compatible with as many other mods as possible. For a complete break down, see the Mod Compatibility page.
Required / Recommended / Optional files
Oblivion/Shivering Isles Patch 126.96.36.1996
Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) v20+, v21 recommended
Unofficial Oblivion Patch
Custom Spell Icons
SDR OBME additions (currently only compatible with SDR 7.x.x series)
(note: Custom Spell Icons currently conflicts with SDR OBME Additions, so only pick one)
Included in SDR installation package:
Night-Eye Shader Switcher v5.0
Sound Commands v4.0
Although you do not need to download them separately, please endorse them when you get a chance:
If you are updating from any version prior to 8.x.x, you must completely uninstall the old version, do a clean save without SDR loaded, and then install the new version of SDR. Otherwise bad things happen. I highly recommend reviewing the version change log before deciding to install/update.
Future Development Plans / Other Languages
Other than bug fixes and compatibility patches, there will be no further creative development of this mod. There are no plans to adapt SDR for Skyrim.
If you are interested in translating SDR into another language, please send me a private message.
Credits, Contact, Legal/Permissions
Special thanks to the following for donating code or granting permission to use their work:
Abo, Andalay Bay, Deathless Aphrodite, Haarvest, JRoush, Kuertee, Kyoma, Migck, Pacific Morrowind, Reneer, Scanti, Sky Captain, Strategy Master, Scruggs, and many more.
Full Extended Credits
Contact / Legal / Permissions