Last updated at 14:31, 10 Jun 2015 Uploaded at 23:47, 1 Jul 2010
Amen'thalas Well House v1.31
A quirky old lady passes alone, but not sadly. In her visions, she has seen you doing great things for the world she leaves behind; and as she has no other family, she has named you as her only heir. What have you inherited? She didn't have much of interest or value to her name, except for a well-loved house in the Heartlands on the Blue Road. At least, so you think. =)
Gram' wasn't much of an adventurer, mind you, but you're not likely to find a cozier abode in all Cyrodiil. Grab the key from a hollow rock near the front door. Light the fires in the kitchen's potbelly stove and the upstairs fireplace, and make yourself at home.
This mod sat in beta for over a year, with an excellent quest story planned - the house was really just a small part of the mod. However, in a year, I haven't made time to finish the quest. And so, prompted by a request for a UL compatibility patch, I've completely refurbished the house to stand alone as a proper house mod until the time I can finish its story. And I will finish it!
- Plenty of living space
- Tons of safe storage*
- Interesting, unique décor
- Beautiful exterior (AWLS-compatible)
- Mage altar**
- Static alchemy lab**
- Automated ingredient storage
- Automatic day/night interior lighting AWLS-style
- Companion-friendly pathing & seating, bed sleeps two
- Teleport spell to take you, your horse, & your companions home
- Fancy basement & more for anyone who likes surprises
Cobl features, if you use the Cobl version:
- Dinner plate
- Water source
- Cobl standard ingredient storage
- Cobl standard alchemy lab**
*The waste baskets empty themselves daily and are NOT safe for storage - they will warn you as such the first time you open them.
*The Cobl Grinder is never safe for storage.
When activated, the control panel in the basement opens a menu so you can customize some features to your liking. Here are some details on each option:
Static Alchemy Lab
By default, activating the static alchemy lab will allow you to perform alchemy as though you had one of each apparati in your inventory. This is leveled, in that the type of apparati is determined by your alchemy skill. E.g., if you are an Expert alchemist, you will be performing alchemy as though you had an Expert alembic, calcinator, retort, and mortar & pestle in your inventory. You can remove this function and have the existing apparati be for decoration only, if you prefer. If you use the Cobl version, you have a third option of trading out the whole rig for the Cobl standard alchemy lab, which is still stationary but requires you to provide your own equipment.
The mage altar can only be used by a very skilled caster, or one initiated to the Mages Guild. You can disable its functionality if you prefer it be for decoration only.
The healing altar has no conditions or requirements. You can disable its functionality if you prefer it to be for decoration only.
Allows you to repair your gear without using up your hammers. You can disable its functionality if you prefer it to be for decoration only.
You can hide the curtains to expose the bare windows. I recommend to do this if you have All Natural.
All Natural support, See You Sleep support, and compatibility patches for The Ayleid Steps, Unique Landscapes, and Heart of the Dead are also included in the main download.
All meshes have been pyffi'd for best performance, all resources have unique file paths, and all plugins have been cleaned with TES4Edit for best compatibility.
New this version
- Added a repair station in the basement. Like the rest of the mod's fancier features, it can be disabled via the house's control panel in-game if you find it overpowering.
Requires the latest official Oblivion patch (18.104.22.1686).
Requires OBSE v0018 or higher.
NEED HELP? FIND A BUG?
Mod Installation Guide
Mod Troubleshooting Guide
Thanks to/for (in no particular order):
- Brumbek & the All Natural team for allowing me to use All Natural resources for All Natural support
- InsanitySorrow for fixing the stock welkynd mesh collision
- Pheonix Amon for the original Ingredient Storage Shelves mesh & OBSE script
- Vince Bly & his Abandoned Mountain Shack for the gorgeous hanging lantern, potbelly stove, trimmed fire logs, and shortened cupboard
- Vince Bly some more for the HMTK!
- Xiamara for the red armchairs, the pillows, planter dirt (that used to be a pillow), & teddy bear
- Texian for the water statics
- Meo for the beautiful open book, the watering can, the welkynd textures, the wood posts used to build the stable, and the window boxes
- JDFan for the sheep bookends
- Garak for the static booksets
- Hel Borne for the wall shelves
- DarkRider for the celtic rug from Celtic Decor II and the quilt from Celtic Decor I
- David Whitefang for the dining chair mesh
- Deandra/Merilia for the original Blue & White Porcelian
- Mr. Siika for the kitchen clutter & spindle from Castle Seaview
- Side777 for the Babylonian dishes
- Floydian1 for the beautiful screenshots used to make most of the paintings
- Trollf for the frames for the paintings
- kalikut for the excellent bed resource
- LadyLi for the beautiful base resources used to create the easter egg
- Qarl for the wood texture used on some of the painting frames
- DaMage & echonite for fixing all my frankenmeshes, and creating the missing AR columns & basement section piece
- the Unofficial TESA Clutterers Guild for the spooled thread, dustpan & handbroom, needles, and magnifying glass
- KAS Rugs and OrientalRugs.com for the stock used to create the downstairs tapestries, dining room rug, & lower-class chair cushions
- Vorians for initially cleaning the mod & making the UL patch
- Greenwarden & Elm for constant support & inspiration... :wubble:
- Greenwarden & Elm again for the screenshot used to make the portrait
- Greenwarden, Arion, Athray, Chi, grond, & Cortjester for playesting the new version during development
You may re-use any of this mod's content in your own Oblivion mods, as long as you don't charge money for it, you credit me for my work, and you credit anyone I credited for their work.
You may share this mod freely, as long as you don't charge money for it, and you include my original Readme.
Please enjoy. =)