- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
Last updated at 21:43, 9 Jul 2015 Uploaded at 13:20, 24 Jan 2009
Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary v3.41
Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (BDBS) is an encompassing collection of improvements to your Dark Brotherhood experience. Here's a complete list (I think):
When you first join, you will notice:
- The existing sanctuary is now all one, unified cell, without load doors. Credits to TiberiusLazarus (Dark Brotherhood One Room).
- Custom textures make the sanctuary more elegant, while maintaining the basic architecture and layout of the existing sanctuary.
- Decor and clutter improvements throughout.
- The default DB armor is now actually black for both genders (optional).
- The default DB hood is now shaped like a mage's hood, but with the leather DB texture. Credits to Sonico717 (Dark Brotherhood Hood Replacer) (optional).
- You have your own bed and safe storage chest in the dorm.
- There is a porter named Harry on duty from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Telaendril, the elf, will now actually patrol outside the Abandoned House's entrance as her letter to Ocheeva states.
- Vicente's chamber doors are now labeled in the same fashion as Ocheeva's.
- There is a labeled, respawning dresser in the dorm containing extra DB armors and hoods. Ideal for companions.
- Schemer got a DB-style makeover.
- All NPC's AI packages were adjusted to accommodate the new sanctuary.
- If you're a Cobl user, you'll also find The Luggage at the foot of your bed, as well as a Cobl sorter. There's also a dinner plate & water source in the dining area of the dorm.
------WARNING: possible spoilers ahead!------
The next time you enter the sanctuary after completing the quest chain and speaking to Arquen and then leaving again, you will notice:
What this mod doesn't do:
This mod will not dramatically change the layout or stock feel of the sanctuary. It's a thousand times better, but it will still feel familiar and work how you expect it to.
This mod also does not alter the Abandoned House. There are lots of mods out there that do this already, and I prefer modularity. If you are looking for one, check out my Better Abandoned House here.
This mod does not include any new sanctuaries. If you are looking for new sanctuaries to use in tandem with BDBS, check out Arthmoor's A Brotherhood Renewed (which is 100% compatible with this mod), found here.
Support for many other mods is included in the main download, including:
- A Cobl version of Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- A patch plugin for WillieSea's Assassin Tripwires
- A patch plugin for See You Sleep, for the new custom beds
- A replacement plugin for aralina81's Dark Brotherhood Chapel Memorial
- A patch plugin for Whispered Warning (or any similar mod - the patch provides extra accomodations for the higher number of NPCs once the quest chain is complete)
- Replacement armor meshes for Robert's Male, Exnem's EC Body, HGEC E-Cup and C-Cup, HGEC EBE, TGND, and FF
- Replacement hood meshes for use with madmole's Shadowy Hoods
All meshes have been pyffi'd for best performance, all resources have unique file paths, and all plugins have been cleaned with TES4Edit for best compatibility.
New this version:
- Replaced a couple of containers with custom versions to avoid conflicts with mods that make more containers respawn.
- v3.3/3.31 plugins were corrupted by a merge process. Rebuilt that update from scratch into this one. No more crashing on launch or disappearing rooms.
- Fixed some rugs that were hovering the tiniest bit off the floor that I never noticed before. Oops!
- Added an optional armor texture replacer that removes the Black Hand logo from the pauldron, for those who think better of advertising their affiliation.
- Also added an optional hood variant. It is the same shape as a mage hood, like the original BDBS hood, but it pulls the canvas texture from the armor instead of the leather, and (imo) is much less derpy-looking. Please note that both replacers are rudimentary, but passable. There is totally room for anyone to do a more inspired job of it if he or she is so inclined. :)
The latest official Oblivion patch (126.96.36.1996).
NEED HELP? FIND A BUG?
Mod Installation Guide
Mod Troubleshooting Guide
Thanks to/for, in no particular order:
- Qarl for the normal maps for the new floor texture and the color map base for the round rug
- Sonico717 for the idea for the new hood shape
- TiberiusLazarus for the base of the unified Sanctuary
- WillieSea for allowing me to have his way with his very excellent Tripwires mod
- aralina81 for Dark Brotherhood Chapel Memorial
- mmmpld for See You Sleep & bed mesh
- madmole for Shadowy Hoods
- Pheonix Amon for the original Ingredient Storage Shelves
- Exnem, Gryhs, RAIAR, the HGEC Eve Team, Luchaire, Kalia, Robert, and TeamFF for the replacement armor meshes (these credits are further detailed in the separate Readme included with those meshes)
- Athray & YX33A for playtesting
- InsanitySorrow for the better than awesome architecture retexture
You may re-use any of this mod's scripts or resources in your own Oblivion mods, as long as you don't charge money for it, you credit me for my work, and you credit anyone I credited for their work.
If you would like to alter this mod and share your changes, please do so in the form of a patch that depends on this mod rather than replaces the user's copy of my version. This way users can have both your changes and any future updates I make, and I can be solely responsible for my own bugs.
Do not re-host or re-post this mod without asking me first via private message at TESAlliance, Nexus, or the official Bethsoft Forums. If I do not respond within two weeks to your permissions request, contact DarkRider at TESAlliance.
Please enjoy. =)