- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
Last updated at 9:10, 2 Mar 2017 Uploaded at 13:08, 30 Jan 2011
CaliberX is back, complete and corrected!
CaliberX is a fusion of FluidFire's Caliber mod for NV with the xCalibr Ammo Pack from FO3. It provides a comprehensive, eye pleasing upgrade to Obsidian's complex and interesting ammunition system. CaliberX adds popular new rounds to the game, and extends the vanilla ammo with powerful new options. Then it throws your game into overdrive with hi-resolution bullets and shell casings, detailed world objects, accurate weights, scaled ballistic data and alternate ballistic options, casing weight & recovery, and enhanced features for modders.
CaliberX goes beyond FO3 CALIBR and xCAL in that it provides not only an ammo standard, but an ammo DISTRIBUTION standard as well. Modders need only call an existing quest to distribute required ammo to all major vendors and loot lists. Users only see ammo required for mods they have installed, not tons of unusable stuff. Plug and play baby.
CaliberX is a collaborative effort between myself and Fluidfire. This release of CaliberX IS the upgrade to Caliber. This updated release is now available thanks to the kind help of The Vampire Dante.
*****WARNING - CaliberX installation can cause excessive ammo use*****
CaliberX has been tested safe for use in all New Vegas weaponry
CaliberX contains dangerous amounts of lead. Please don't let your children lick the bullets.
CaliberX's carbon footprint is enormous. Especially at full auto.
Key features are:
- More than 30 new calibers added. All fully configured with proper lists and shell recovery.
- Full set of loading and breakdown recipes which are equalized, you don't need other mods for missing recipes anymore.
- Nice selection of new hand loads for the true enthusiast.
- Full selection of ammo types for most calibers, all with proper lists and settings
- Real world accurate weights for the
anal retentivehand load enthusiast.
- Accurate, standardized naming. All ammo sorts to top for easy management.
- Fully compatible with Caliber 2.0 and Reload.
- CaliberX does not introduce new calibers into the game. It is up to weapon modders to activate desired rounds.
- Hi resolution replacements for all vanilla slugs and shells.
- Expanded library of hi-res bullets pre-assigned to projectile data
- Expanded library of hi-res shell casings, most accurately sized and shaped with caliber specific markings
- Replaces all vanilla bullets and some shells automatically. Other shells require minor edits to the weapon entries.
- Players only see the rounds required by the mods they install. No pointless ammo.
- Standardized ammo resources can be used by all mods.
- Integrated distribution mechanism can be shared by all mods
- All new calibers are fully implemented including weights and case recovery
- All standardized list types provided and can be shared by all mods
- Does not overwrite any vendor or loot lists. All ammo additions are done via script.
- Activating a specific round required by your mod is accomplished by simply starting a quest.
- Multiple mods can activate the same or different rounds without conflict.
- When activated loot updates immediately, vendors too.
- Full and complete implementation for each round, over 12 entries for each including world object, ammo list, vendor, loot and spawn lists, case entries and lists, and linked projectile data.
- Extract the .bsa for easy selection from GECK.
- Unique projectile data for every caliber. Pistol and automatic entries for dual use ammo (9mm, 10mm, .45, etc).
- Silent projectile option for some popular rounds. Reduces ballistic attributes by ~ 10% but is truly silent with reduced muzzle flash.
- Unique muzzle flashes for sniper and PDW/SMG rounds. Extra bang for extremely large bore rifles and hand cannons.
- All projectiles set "pass through small invisible" so you can shoot through things like chain link fences.
- Velocity, range and impact force scale up with cartridge size.
How do I install CaliberX?
Use FOMM's package manager to install the FOMOD ready 7zip file. Go here for a FOMOD tutorial.
What is the Load Order for CaliberX?
Caliber.esm should be placed near the top of your load list.
What new calibers are available?
- .30 Carbine
- .32 S&W
- .300 WinMag
- .303 British
- .338 Lapua Magnum
- .375 H&H Magnum
- .380 ACP
- .40 S&W
- .40-70 Sharps
- .408 Cheytac
- .416 Barrett
- .444 Marlin
- .45 ACP
- .45LC (45 Colt)
- .454 Casull
- .458 SOCOM
- .460 Rowland
- .50 Action Express
- .500 S&W Magnum
- .50-70 Gov't
- 4.7mm caseless
- 6.5mm Grendel
- 6.8mm SPC
- 7.5x55mm Swiss
- 7.62x25mm Tokarev
- 7.62x54mm Rimmed
- 8x57mm Mauser
- 9x18mm Makarov
- 9x25mm Dillon
- 9x39mm SP-5/SP-6
- 14mm AP
- HN Needles
Expanded Vanilla Rounds
- .308 Winchester
- .357 Magnum
- .38 Special
- .44 Magnum
- .45 ACP
- .45-70 Govt
- .50 BMG
- 12 ga
- 20 ga
- 25mm Grenade
- 40mm Grenade
Weapons of the New Millenia by WhiskeyRiver2
Heffy's AKs by darthbdaman
Stalker Weapon Pack by mkborgelt13 available here http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62437/?
How do I use CaliberX?
After installation, most bullets and some shell casing (like the 12 gauge) will be automatically upgraded, but the rest of the goodies lie dormant until used. The full benefit of CaliberX requires use of GECK. Specifically, when you change the ammo type of a weapon, you can now also select the appropriate projectile data and shell casings. When building a cell, you can now populate it with a huge assortment of identifiable ammunition types. If you are building an armory, you NEED this mod!
Primary Resources & Credits:
CF Ammo by Listenerr
AG Ammo Can v1-2 by ApocalypticGirl
Shells and Slugs by odin_ml
Fallout Ammo Pack by Gennie
SSR_VINTOREZ_AR by Nesterman (9x39mm AR ammo only)
Toastys Action muzzleflash
Special thanks to TrickyVein for the .32 S&W ammo box model and texture.
Special thanks to einherjrar for the generous use of magazines from 19th and 20th Century Weapons
Special thanks to odin_ml for the amazing new resources built for this mod.
Special thanks to Conifer (Khugan) for letting me play with his 7.62mm models.
Special thanks to pickinthebanjo for the genuine 7.5mm Swiss box label.
Special thanks to MunkeeNuts for help with the P90 clip.Mag model: Short FuseMag texture: CyperFO3 compileport: MunkeeNutsEdits: Earache42
As of 5.0 you need to rebuild any patches for your mods. Complete refactoring of the activation system was done for performance reasons with the heavy load orders of today and so the mod can be uninstalled without destroying save games. If you don't like the changes or can't patch your mods, 4.017 is still available for download.
You are not permitted to make ANY changes to caliber.esm without obtaining permission from the authors. To do so would defeat the whole purpose of modders sharing the same resource, and would run the substantial risk of your mod being rendered incompatible. It would also make me, and others, who have worked so hard on it quite upset. :)
NEVER override any Caliber*** quests or scripts in your mod! Ever!
You *may NOT* re-upload Caliber.esm to another website. Please direct players to NewVegasNexus to download the most current version of Caliber. This way if there are updates you don't screw up someone else's mod that is using a newer version! I _strongly_ discourage including it with your particular mod, UNLESS you do it in an installation program that detects if a newer version is installed prior to copying the ESM in to the data directory.You *may* add new ammo variants, but do it IN YOUR MOD to ensure maximum compatibility between all weapons mods!
All weapons shown are from Book of Earache Vegas Edition which is no longer available on the Nexus. It still exists somewhere in cyberspace. Google it.