Last updated at 12:24, 15 Jan 2017 Uploaded at 15:58, 26 Aug 2015
This MOD adds full XBOX 360 controller support for playing Mass Effect 1.
The Mass Effect game shipped with all the original XBOX controller interfaces but in a very broken state with some functionality removed. This mod corrects these issues and re-implements features where necessary. The MOD switches over to use all the xbox user interfaces, with the exception of mini games/loadsave and settings. These exceptions have been adjusted to work with the controller.
Installing this MOD will break some elements of the keyboard and mouse support. The console will work fine. If you want to play with keyboard and mouse, uninstall this mod.
ME3Explorer forum link.
1.2.0 Release Notes
- Fixes HUD layout during certain sections of the game where the UI would appear behind the radar. Like for example while
deactivating the demolition charges.
- Changes the quasar ui to be the one from the xbox.
- Reduces the subtitle and conversation wheel font size to match the PC version. Size 22 to 16.
IMPORTANT: There are TWO INSTALLATION DIRECTORIES. One inside your user profile, one inside the game directory.
Install order: ME1 -> DLC (Optional)-> MEUITM (Optional)-> ME1Controller
1. Run the game at least once to create the games profile settings.
2. Extract the files from the archive using winrar or 7-zip.
3. Copy the contents of Config (Backup originals first) to :
IMPORTANT: Do NOT copy these config files into the game folder, they need to go into the user profile. If you see "Default<name>.ini" you are copying it to the wrong place.
IMPORTANT: these files are marked as "read only" to prevent the game modifying them on startup. If you want to modify them you
must change them back to "read only" before launching the game.
4. Copy the contents of "Mass Effect" directory to your install directory overriding the originals (Back them up first). These files should override the original files.
Example directories :
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games
(If you are using the MEUITM mod use the binaries from the Mass Effect MEUITM dir, rename it first to "Mass Effect")
- No power wheel appears; I can't put points into stats; Low sensitivity when aiming
You have copied the config correctly but you have not overridden the game binaries.
- Can't loot containers.
You have ignored the instructions and you have copied the config into the game folder (The one with all the default<name>.ini files). These need to be copied to the user profile.
- No controller prompts at all
You have not copied the config correctly.
- Controller doesn't work.
This MOD will only work against the primary Xinput controller. Check you don't have other XInput wrappers or controllers attached.
Still struggling with the installation? Try watching this video from Stiff Kun (my thanks).
This mod uses the same controls as the xbox 360. These can be found here.
Mass Effect 2&3
Excellent XBOX 360 Controller MODs for Mass effect 2 and 3 by Moonshine can be found here :
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
If you want to adjust the sensitivity of the controller. Open bioinput.ini and modify:
The Y axis can be inverted in the setup menu.
Remember to set the bioinput.ini file back to "read only" before you launch the game.