Last updated at 6:01, 24 Jul 2017 Uploaded at 21:33, 12 May 2017
Ever wish your Fallout 4 to look like one of those over the top, hollywood 80s/90s movie? Did you ever look at the Fallout 4 particles and thought "it's cool and all, but kinda... boring?". Did you always think having a single bullet spawn shitload of particles makes the player feel more empowered and the gun more satisfying to shoot? Did you enjoy the firefights in F.E.A.R? Of course you did! That's why you opened this mod, so don't hesitate and jump to the downloads section!
I guess I could also list what this mod ACTUALLY does, huh? OK, let's see...
- Almost all of the vanilla particles have been modified to spawn more of the small particle bits like sparks, rocks, etc.
- Most of the particles amount have simply multiplied spawn rate by the factor of 10, but for some it made sense to have bigger/smaller multiplier and some other tweaks like life span, scale or color.
- Redone a lot of particles HDR values so now they glow properly (I highly suggest to use ENB bloom in conjunction with this mod, otherwise the vanilla single-pass bloom will make most glowy things look weird). If you don't like that, or it simply looks wrong with your ENB preset, you can use the low HDR esp.
Version 2.0 Update Preview:
2.0 - Made the energy particles more consistent and much better looking. Fixed the nuke still being too bright in low HDR version. Fixed the ambient sparks white color bug. Fixed the missile explosion smoke life span bug. Increased all of the sparks brightness on regular version. Added sparks to all kinds of explosions. Improved impact sparks speed\gravity. Improved the "on fire" effect to make it cover less screen space. Reworked the ballistic muzzle sparks. Lowered the amount and life span of fire bits. Removed smoke from energy weapons.
Most of the edits that causes "square bloom" issue have been moved to this mod.
Regarding the clean ENB files, I have added my lens texture for the lens shader, enabled the kingeric1992 Adaptation shader that replaces the vanilla adaption and lowered the bloom blurring scale.
- Particles sometimes disappear, mostly fire particles.
- Anything that edits particles nifs won't be compatible.
Either install with any mod manager or manually unpack into your Fallout 4 data folder and then enable one of the esps in the launcher or mod manager. The low HDR version is for people running the vanilla game, or badly tweaked ENB presets, the regular version is for those that have properly calibrated ENB Bloom/Tonemapping.
MaxG3D - Editing the nif files
VG - Help and suggestions
Saghen - Retextured leaves
Boris Vorontsov - ENB, original bloom shader
Wolrajh - 1.2 version tweaks
Modular Shader Library authors - saturation code
Roxahris - Gaussian/Kawase Bloom.
Marty McFly - DOF shader
kingeric1992 - Adaptation Shader