Last updated at 20:22, 24 Jul 2013 Uploaded at 16:07, 4 Jan 2009
Advanced Recon Series
1. Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision.
2. Advanced Recon Trap Detection.
3. Advanced Recon Range Finder.
See a video of the armor in action: Advanced Recon Stealth Gear video.
If you are using an earlier version of this mod you MUST deactivate the old one before installing this. Please note you will lose all your items, and they will be back where you found them. Sorry about that, but this is a fairly massive overhaul and it was unavoidable.
This mod adds several sets of stealth armor. Some of these are disguised so as not to be quite so obvious from a distance. Now you can choose your look and still be a ghost. Almost all the models are styled in the manner of existing FalloutNV and Fallout3 models, especially BrotherHood of Steel look and feel, with a touch of the Chinese armor stlye creeping in.
Please note that the headgear and helmets designed to go with this armor are now found here: Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision.
1. Advanced Recon Armor : This is hi-tec adaptation of the Brotherhood of Steel recon armor. It provides far greater protection whilst also incorporating stealth technology to give a stealth field when sneaking, with no weapon drawn and stationary. This means you rely on your skill when moving or in combat, but you get the chance to become literally invisible when you stand still, adding a new dimension to the stealth experience.
**HINT** Go into sneak before fast travelling, and you will arrive at your destination with stealth field intact.
Same for activating doors/gates. Stop for a second before activating gate and when you enter the new zone, you will be invisible.
2. Advanced Recon Armor (Battle Worn): A battle worn version of the above (see images).
3. Advanced Regulator Recon Duster : As above but disguised to blend in the wasteland better. Sometimes it is not a good idea to wander about the wasteland always looking like a hi-tec commando. This armor is disguised to look similar to the regulator duster. Up close it will not fool anyone, but at a distance it might.
6. Advanced Recon Death Walker Duster : As above but in black leather.
7. Advanced Recon Trenchcoat : As above but disguised to look like a military trenchcoat. A little smarter than the regulator recon duster.
8. Advanced Recon Black Ops Coat : As above but dark grey/black.
Locations and console codes can be found in the locations spoiler in the Files section.
I recommend installing this mod using the Fall Out Mod Manager (FOMM). However it is possible to install without FOMM. See user manual for details.
Nevenbridge81 : I used his desert marpat texture created for the recon armor in Fallout 3 as a base for the arms and legs of the Regulator Recon armor.