Last updated at 16:19, 6 Nov 2016 Uploaded at 19:41, 18 Jun 2015
This is an replacement application for the default Fallout 3 Launcher (FalloutLauncher.exe) that is meant to be used together with Steam. If you don't have the steam version this is pretty much useless for you.
It will allow you to launch Fallout with FOSE or through Mod Organizer while still allowing Steam features such as the overlay, game time tracking, streaming, etc. You can also launch the default launcher if needed.
Source code is available at GitHub.
If you're having issues with Steam overlay (i.e. not appearing), try not to run this program as administrator. It might be interfering.
A optional INI is available. It offers more options then arguments/flags. The mayor ones being startup arguments for the available programs. And the ability to add a custom entry.
It's not present by default. In order to get the template you must create a empty file called FalloutLauncher.ini in the same folder as the executable and run the launcher once. The program will detect if it's empty and create the template. If the file is not empty it will try to read it as a INI file.
The INI can be used as a replacement for Steam arguments/flags, though arguments/flags will overwrite the INI options. So clear your arguments/flags from Steam if you wanna use the INI instead.
The template contains four sections:
- Fallout Launcher
- Mod Organizer
Each section has two options:
Path: Set the file path of the program. This is the same as the --fose/--launcher/--mo flags beneath. The path is relevant to the launcher's location.
Arguments: Set the startup arguments for the relevant program. This might not be useful for ALL programs (the original Fallout launcher for example), but it's there if need be.
The Custom section has an additional option, called Name. This can be used to set the text that will appear as the fourth option in the launcher.
If the Path option for Custom is empty, it will not appear in the launcher. This is the default behavior.
A example of a custom entry. This will launch FOSE through Mod Organizer immediately without the user needing to do anything within Mod Organizer.
Name=FOSE (Mod Organizer)
Here are some flags/arguments you can use by right clicking Fallout 3 in steam, go to 'Properties' then clicking launch options
- Automatically start default launcher, FOSE, Mod Organizer or the custom option.
- Set custom FOSE file name. Use quotes if the path contains spaces.
- Default value: fose_loader.exe
- Set custom file name for the default Fallout 3 Launcher. Use quotes if the path contains spaces.
- Default value: FalloutLauncher_ORG.exe
- Set custom Mod Organizer file name. Use quotes if the path contains spaces.
- Default value: Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe
- Rename the original 'FalloutLauncher.exe' file to 'FalloutLauncher_ORG.exe' (You can rename it to something else, but it won't be automatically detected)
- Download and extract into the Fallout 3 folder (Not the 'Data' folder)
- Launch Fallout 3 through Steam