Last updated at 18:16, 23 Oct 2010 Uploaded at 8:53, 21 Oct 2010
In addition to updating the "Long Description" of this file, I've uploaded the newest version (v0.85) of this mod and completed this testing round.
ALL VERSIONS OF THIS MOD BEFORE 1.0 MAY CONTAIN BUGS. DO NOT USE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH BUGS.
With that out of the way, I'm actually pretty sure this mod is playable at this stage. All major features have been integrated and from what I can see, everything in the core code is operational.
If you're like me, you like to trash your character after halfway through the game and usually end up making five or ten more characters. Well, I began searching for a mod that let you skip Ostagar, having played the hour or three long prelude again and again, and was surprised to not find one.
In response, I set forth to bring a modification to the community to allow people that have already played through Ostagar to skip it to get to the actual campaign.
- Decide whether or not you want to skip Ostagar at the end of your background's introduction.
- Receive a 'Starter Pack' of items normally gained from Ostagar including key unique items.
- Immediately start at level 6.
- Save an hour or three of time normally spent playing through Ostagar.;)
Currently Known Bugs:
- Backpack is given as an inventory item instead of an actual upgrade.
Currently not compatible with any modification that modifies the intro to any of the backgrounds.
See compatibility with the Ser Gilmore mod.
For new users:
Simply extract the .rar file into your My Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\packages\core\override directory.
For extracting .rar files, use WinRAR.