Napoleonic Era expands Age of Empires III and its both expansions with 7 new and 2 reworked civs, over 20 new maps, new natives, a better AI and tons of new unique and shared units, techs, buildings and gameplay features.
Every version of this mod should be installed on a fresh, unmodified version of 'Age of Empires 3 The Asian Dynasties' (must also include 'The War Chiefs' and all games must be updated to the latest versions, v1.03 for TAD)! Mostly recommended only if you have any kind of errors or other problems.
If you have problems with missing models, sounds or buildings icons then try to re-install 'The War Chiefs'. It has some installation glitches.
And if that doesn't work then find out how to fix it at the end of this description.
High video settings are recommended for all visual changes to work properly.
Please do not 'update' the mod with any rip-offs or other modifications from mods 'designed' to work with this one.
If you plan on installing the mod over the Steam version, use this path for the installer:
/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Empires 3/bin/
For more updates, information and comments, head to the mod's blog at:
For the latest patches go to:
Screenshots *they are very old, but i am too lazy to make new ones*
Video preview of the mod here:
Extreme Fortification 3.0
Created by Lord_KiLLM$
Made for PC
1. The European and Asian civilizations now have buildable fort walls ingame.
2. The Sioux have been granted thier own walls to compensate for the European and Asian fort walls and have thier own unique wall upgrade tech to increase wall HP.
3. New techs and HC cards are available for all civilizations to help balance out theses new walls especially for the Native Americans. All new techs and cards have their own names, icons and descriptions.
4. Walls can be built over a trade route but you must manually upgrade the wall into a gate piece in order for trains and other trade route units to pass though without the effect of it going straight through the wall.
Note: Trade units will not damage the wall in anyway, Gate or not. If you upgrade it into a gate the gate will open in order for the trade unit to pass through.
5. I've also incorporated a well liked feature from some of my previous mods that enables you to send homecity shipments straight to your Explorer, War Chief or Monk no matter where he may be. This feature can be useful for calling upon reinforcements that arrive straight to the battle.
6. Just as a little bonus, Explorers, War Chiefs and Monks can now be garrisoned inside Town Centers.
7. About 40 bugs from the original code from ES have been fixed. (A list of these fixes can be found below under History)
8. Any new homecities made after the installation of this mod was installed on Age of Empires 3 original or The War Chiefs Expansion will now start at level 10 just like in The Asian Dynasties expansion.
9.Cavalry now move in a wedge formation instead of an inverted wedge formation when in trample mode.
10.Every military unit (including ships) can now patrol an area or guard another unit.
In order to use this mod to its full extent there are a few things that you will need to know.
Once the mod is installed, following the installation instructions below, you must build your walls from left to right around your base like the direction of the arrows below.
This mod started out as a 'Buildings Mod', with the objective to add more nice and useful buildings to the game, but many more improvements where needed and many ideas where coming so the 'Improvement Mod' was born.
For now, this mod tries to upgrade the game with small and necessary tweaks and adds to make the gameplay more interesting, fun, and challenging.
More great things to come!
Requirements: This mod is only for The Asian Dynasties but requires AOE3+TWC+TAD 1.03
- Added the early formed United States of America civilization. The US have a mixed technology tree based on more European civilizations. They cannot revolt. Best units: Gatling Gun, Rifleman. (they have unique language, units, homecity and explorer, i think this is the best US civ out there so far)
The US is made as a Western Europe civilization, plus the following unique cards and units:
-- added and renamed the Cassador to Rifleman (Portuguese unit improvements will rename it back to Cassador)(also added all Cassador cards)
-- added the Manor House (spawns one Settler when is built)
-- added the Buy Ironclad cards (from 2 to 4 Ironclads per card, and a total of 3 cards)
-- added the Hire Skilled Miners card (can be used twice and ships 5 miners to mine, gather and build plantations, faster than any villager)
-- added the Gatling Gun plus improvements and shipping cards for it (gun texture changes when improved)
-- the US Colonel's (Explorer) special ability is to train Colonial Militia (promote from Major to Colonel using the Promotion card)
-- added the Pilgrims card (ships 2 Pilgrims and can be used infinite times)
-- added the Black Powder Wagons cards (you can ship 4 or 6 Wagons)
-- added the Grenadier (light artillery that throws grenades to defeat infantry or buildings)
- Added the improved and advanced Draugur AI, made by Felix Hermansson. The AI can choose to build walls, build any of the new buildings and research the 'Civilized Government' improvement (details bellow).
- You can now rotate buildings before placing them using the mouse wheel.
- Added the ability to capture/convert buildings to every civilization. Only Mills, Farms, Rice Paddies and Plantations can now be captured. (mod made by Arkantoz Jr)
- Town Centers, Walls and defensive buildings (Outpost, Lookout, etc.) can slowly auto-repair for free, but can still be repaired manually.
- Added the Unit Upgrades Modpack skins, which changes most European units appearance as they are improved. (mod made by Imperiosus)
- Added the Civilized Government improvement to the Town Center (raises pop cap by 20 and Town Center supports 15 pop), to every civilization in the game.
- added the ability to lock and unlock gates (useful when even allies can capture your buildings...)(mod made by Arkantoz Jr)
- trade units (Travois, Stagecoach, Train, etc.) can damage buildings (walls) and units standing in their way (mod made by Simalex)
- Walls can now be built over trade routes. However, if the part on top of the trade route isn't a gate, then they will take damage and finally be destroyed by the trade units. (mod made by Lord_KiLLMS)
- every Revolutionary leader now enables one specific mercenary (see for yourself which gives what)
- Fire Ships slowly lose HP if they are not near a Dock (no burning thing lasts forever...)
- made the Petard a little more expensive (not exaggerated)
- increased the Asian Monks HP (not exaggerated)
- increased walls HP (again, not exaggerated)
- added fort walls (details bellow)
- Explorers can now build Outposts
- replaced the Saloon with the Command Post (has ranged attack)
- added the University (improvement building) to all European civs
- added the Bank (coin production building) to the French and British (weaker than the Dutch Bank which produces coin faster)
- added the Lumber Camp (wood production building) to the Spanish, Portuguese and Ottomans
- added the Bakery (food production building) to the Germans and Russians
- added the build limit of resource production buildings to 2 per game (the Dutch can use cards or improvements to rise the build limit of Banks)
- added the Musketeer to the Dutch (because the French and British got banks, it's fair that the Dutch get Musketeers)
- added the Outpost to the Russians
- replaced the Mediterranean civs (Spanish, Portuguese and Ottomans) walls with the Indian walls
- changed icon of the Ransom Explorer (now matches the portrait)
- added the Fortified Walls improvement (adds fort walls and increases walls HP)(mod made by Lord_KiLLMS)
- remade the Dance Halls card, now affects the Command Post (upgrades Command Post to Command Center and etc.)
- decreased the amount of HP the Knighthood improvement adds (from 1000 to 700)
- added the Pikeman to the Ottomans (because the lack of melee infantry and they fit in well...)
- added the Guard Pikemen improvement to all necessary civs (increases Pikeman attack and HP)
- added the Guard Crossbowman improvement to all necessary civs (increases Crossbowman attack and HP)
- replaced the Barbary Corsair with the Hoop Thrower (Knight of Malta that throws flaming hoops)
- added the Black Powder Wagon to all Revolutionary leaders (rams into enemy units and buildings, then explodes dealing lots of damage)
- added the Flag Bearer to all Revolutionary leaders (reconnaissance unit with a good line of sight)
- added the Stronghold (defensive building) to the Aztecs
- added the Lookout (defensive building) to the Sioux and Iroquois
- added the High Temple (improvement building) to the Aztecs
- added the Council's Hut (improvement building) to the Sioux and Iroquois
- added the Campfire (healing building) to all Native civs
- enabled the Native Embassy from the beginning of the game for all Native civs
- added native wooden walls to the Sioux
- replaced the wooden walls of the Aztecs with the native wooden walls
- rearranged the Settler building grid for all native civs
- added the Strong Walls improvement to all native civs (increases walls HP)
- added the Town Guard improvement to all native civs (increases Lookout and Stronghold attack and hitpoints)
- added the Treasury to the Aztecs (coin production building)
- added the Ram to the Sioux and Aztecs (trains at the Teepee and Nobles' Hut)
- added the Asian Tower to all Asian civs
- replaced the Asian Tower building models, now matching the Asian civs
- enabled the Dojo (military building) from the beginning of the game for the Japanese (but build limit is now 2 instead of 3)
- added the Weapons Cache (military building) to the Chinese
- added the Petard to the Chinese (trains at the Weapons Cache)
- added the Fortified Walls improvement to all Asian civs (adds fort walls and increases walls HP)(mod made by Lord_KiLLMS)
- added the Town Guard improvement to all Asian civs (increases Asian Tower attack and hitpoints)
- added the Spies improvement to all Asian civs (you can see everything your enemies can see)
- added the Fire Ship to the Indians and Japanese (rams anything on the water and explodes)
- replaced the Barbary Corsair with the Hoop Thrower (Knight of Malta that throws flaming hoops)
- changed the Petards card from the British Consulate deck, with a new card that ships a Hot Air Balloon (the Chinese can train their own Petards and the others can train Fire Ships, so...)
- fixed Fune portrait
- fixed Chinese Monk bored animation (didn't match before)
- fixed the Hire Li'l Bombards card icon (they are not Heavy Cannons...)
- fixed the Counting Coup card (improves War Chief area damage)
- fixed European healers (Priest, Imam and Missionary) attack sounds
- Asian ships now have more voices (two different voices per civ)
- fixed Russian Consulate shipments (Factory now has the right texture, Blockhouse can be improved and can train Strelets and Heavy Cannons now have the right sounds)
- Manor Houses can now be deleted (even Town Centers can be deleted, so why not Manors...)
- added proper building animations and models to all new buildings
- tweaked and fixed some bugs with previous version...
- walls don't always auto-repair... we don't know for sure what is the problem, but it seems that sometimes they do repair, some times they don't... every other building that has auto-repair works perfect though
- the Bakery doesn't have destruction animations, i could have added the one from the Saloon, but that couldn't been right...
- the Lookout doesn't have destruction animations
- it seems that for a strange reason, this mod screws up the campaings... it changes almost every campaing's civs to other civs that have nothing to do with the campaing... another unexplained bug of aoe3...
NOTE: This mod works perfect on LAN, as long as the other players have the same version of the mod of course.
- make a backup of the 'data' and 'AI3' folders from your aoe3 folder
- copy everything from inside the 'improvement_mod' folder to your aoe3 folder, and everything from inside the 'usa_civ' folder to 'My Documents'
- to remove this mod, delete the 'data' and 'AI3' folders from your aoe3 folder and restore the backups
Screenshots *not every new building is shown in the screens, but i am too lazy to make new ones*
This mod will enable to rotate any building of player by just pressing Up arrow or by mouse wheel, the pack contains 2 files, one for users those dont have mouse wheel and one for those who have mouse wheel.
The installation is quite simple, just place the 'gamey.con' to ....Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAge of Empires IIIStartup
the author recommended that take a backup of the 'gamey.con' before install
Hi everyone, welcome to another 'Sunday Discussion'. Over the last few months, I have had the pleasure to talk to a number of people from all over the modding community and the reception has been great.
Today I bring you Gambit77, author of the hugely popular 'Weaponsmith Extended' and 'Armorsmith Extended'. He talks to us about his favourite 'things', his friends down the street, his history of gaming and what he has lined up in the future. Gambit77 is just a really fun person to chat to... enjoy!
Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time you are giving up to speak to me, it’s most a ...(continue reading the full article)
We're back again with some more staff picks, this week SirSalami dives headfirst into the world of Stardew Valley with a mod to make this awesome little adventure game 'hard'; TerrorFox1234 tries his hand at the mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl after my recommendation last week; and I get one of my favourite gameplay mechanics into one of my favourite games!
Our guest contributor this week is ZZZ02, their selection is a total overhaul mod for Oblivion, so be sure to check that out.
We love to hear your selections, so if you have a mod you would like to submit to the community (not your own) ...(continue reading the full article)
Thank you to everyone who joined in last night's AMA (Ask Me Anything) with our guest Elianora. It was a resounding success and I'm very grateful for the time that she and the community put aside to make it what it was. The questions received were great and I know Eli had a lot of fun answering them all.
If you fancy taking a listen to the event, then please head on over to SoundCloud where we have uploaded the audio. ...(continue reading the full article)
This week there is quite a diverse range of Staff Picks. SirSalami has found a good option to multi-task within Skyrim; TerrorFox1234 has been looking at add-on mods for the new HUDFramework that was mentioned in a previous weeks pick, and I have gone back to a game (or version of) that I loved many years ago.
We love to hear your selections, so if you have a mod you would like to submit to the community (not your own), please check out this new and handy form. Please fill out the form completely and ensure that you add some details about the mod and why you have chosen it (similar to how we h ...(continue reading the full article)
Todays Sunday Discussion is with the 'Queen of Chickens' - Jokerine. With (currently) 245 mods on the site, Jokerine really shows that modding can be both addictive and highly enjoyable. Her interview really made me smile because of her passion, her love of memes and getting into modding due to a 'dare'. Happy Sunday discussion everyone.
Firstly I would like to thank you for the time you are giving up to speak to me; it’s most appreciated.
You’re most welcome! Thank you for having me. I’m honored!
If you don’t mind, could you just let us know a little bit about you?
There isn’t much to s ...(continue reading the full article)
On Sunday the 15th January, we are holding an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Elianora, one of Nexus Mods most prolific mod authors, and creator of some beautiful abodes, armours and gear for the Bethesda games Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout New Vegas. We would love for you to come and be a part of it.
Our previous AMA with Dark0ne, the owner of Nexus Mods, went down incredibly well with the community and gave people an opportunity to ask whatever they desired. The questions varied wildly from ‘the future of this website’ to ‘his favourite vehicle’ and everything in-between. However...(continue reading the full article)
Firstly, a big "Happy New Year" to you all! We hope that you all enjoyed the festive period and are now relaxed, ready and rejuvenated to begin 2017 with some incredible mods.
Today we bring you a few mods that we have tried out over the Christmas break. I have been playing a mix of games, but returned once again to the wasteland in Fallout 4, SirSalami managed to nab himself a bargain with Mass Effect 2 and Terrorfox1234 has been annoying enemies in Skyrim and running away. Today's guest pick is from our community member arecaidianfox and is a great alternative to 'Fast Travel' within Skyrim. ...(continue reading the full article)
posted by BlindJudge Site NewsTL : DR
It's come to that time of year when we prepare to see in the new year, whether it is with the chink of glass with family and friends, an early night in bed or being sat in front of the television/computer. Yep, 2017 is soon to be upon us! So with champagne and leftover Christmas morsels in hand, Michael Buble still blaring out his renditions of well-loved Christmas songs and people preparing to nurse a hangover, I can't think of a better time to reminisce with our wonderful community over what has happened this past year at Nexus Mods.
While 2016 has been harsh for the she ...(continue reading the full article)
It's coming to the end of the year and the festive season is upon us, so this will (probably) be the last staff pick until 2017. We have been pleased with the response from the community and the feedback we have received, so are looking forward to the new year and trying out more of the mods you guys are producing.
We love to hear your selections, so if you have a mod you would like to submit to the community (not your own), please check out this new and handy form.
Just remember that other mods on the site may do roughly the same thing, so keep your eyes peeled and understand that these are ...(continue reading the full article)
Today I bring you IceCreamAssassin, author of 'Legacy of the Dragonborn'. This quest mod is currently on its 16th major update and will shortly see v17 released. The loyal and devoted fan base ensure that there are always people on hand to answer questions and its mod forum holds the second highest number of posts for a quest mod.
We chat about what's next for IceCreamAssassin, what his gaming history consists of, how he got the quirky handle and what he feels about modding for consoles. Please give him a warm Nexus Mods reception and feel free to comment below.
Hi IceCreamAssassin, thank you fo ...(continue reading the full article)